Guitar Player's Thread

Well I can hear it fine if I wear headphones and turn it up a bit. Sounds ok to me.

Maybe you should get yourself one of these units then. I use it for everything.

Nah, it's a guitar and bass version instead of just guitar. It's basically the same thing but is unnecessarily more expensive.

And just for anyone that cares, I've created a seperate "band" section for all our forum jams that we've done and have yet to do.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=758742

Click "lyrics/story" for the setlists.

Ah, I see. I'm on a small budget and I am having a hard time deciding on which I should get, a small effect processor unit or a shure sm57. My current amp isn't too good on the mids, I usually boost the bass, have the mids half way, and cut out the high frequencies. I don't think it would make for a good recording tone. Thoughts on this would be helpful.

^Kewl stuff, hope we can do more, it looks quite emtpy with just 2 there.

Indeed. We should do another soon.

im finally working on my alternate picking. im getting way better with using my wrist and stuff. and also gaining speed. because sure i can play really fast on 1 string. but i suck at going through all 6

Yeah, I'm quite good at using my wrist too.

Ah, I see. I'm on a small budget and I am having a hard time deciding on which I should get, a small effect processor unit or a shure sm57. My current amp isn't too good on the mids, I usually boost the bass, have the mids half way, and cut out the high frequencies. I don't think it would make for a good recording tone. Thoughts on this would be helpful.

It's hard for US to decide when we haven't heard your current tone.

Nice idea. maybe if we do more of these we should actually start putting our real names on the set list thing?

Could do. Although the screen names just help for those that listen and don't know us by our real names.

im finally working on my alternate picking. im getting way better with using my wrist and stuff. and also gaining speed. because sure i can play really fast on 1 string. but i suck at going through all 6

Good...You should do picking pattern excercises. I do...they're fun and helpful. I can alternate pick with wrist properly and all but theres ALWAYS room for improvement.

Sinergy - Laid To Rest

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vsqv8p

I played it with my Jackson through the same ol' Korg effects thing that I always use. Enjoy.

Great sound AND great tone. I'm really impressed by that and by your technique. It sounds like you had improved your picking in the past weeks, could that be true? Why don't you record a CoB-Song and show all these wannabes what it should sound like?
Btw, I totally forgot to go to the post office, sorry. I'll do it today, I promise.

@inhe: I know that your POD pawns my V-Amp a million times, but I have the same problem. I really have the feeling that a normal multieffect could help you/us more. I recently read in a magazine an opinion: "I don't think that someone would use a POD as a multifx" or something like that.

I recognized that my lead-sound is better when I use VST-Effects, so I'm thinking about getting a real multieffect like mitch.

@inhe: I know that your POD pawns my V-Amp a million times, but I have the same problem. I really have the feeling that a normal multieffect could help you/us more. I recently read in a magazine an opinion: "I don't think that someone would use a POD as a multifx" or something like that.

I recognized that my lead-sound is better when I use VST-Effects, so I'm thinking about getting a real multieffect like mitch.

I don't know how hard it is to dial in a good lead sound on the KORG that Mitch has, but judging from all of his recordings, it's deffinetly the sound i'm looking for while recording. That sound is better than alot of professional recordings.

I can't stand Multieffects...The nearest a mutieffect unit i woud go would be the boss me-20 but i doubt i'll buy it. I like to keep my stuff simple and i want to record somethin id much rather buy a toneport and put a mic in front of my cabinet and record or then just put the mic straight into soundcard and record. When playing with band,jamming for myself i always get my Clean tone and Overdrive tone directly from the Randall head...Its got all the distortion i need which pleases me very much. I hate hassling with pedals so as close to other effects i would go is to make a own rack or something but NOTHING with steenkin' pedals,stompbox units,multieffects. This is all MY OPINION so dont get worked up of it :lol:

What you don't seem to understand is that it's really hard to get a good tone while recording, that's what they are good for. Ofcourse everyone's first alternative is to play with a real amp, but with that comes alot of expenses, so it's not really worth it for home recording.

What you don't seem to understand is that it's really hard to get a good tone while recording, that's what they are good for. Ofcourse everyone's first alternative is to play with a real amp, but with that comes alot of expenses, so it's not really worth it for home recording.

Yes i do understand...i borrowed my friends line 6 toneport and the tone was incredibly thin and powerless so i was like "meh". You should just buy a Dynamic instrument microphone and put that in front of amp/cab and that into your recording thing whatever it is...its gonna need mixing but it will be better than any Line 6 Gearbox presets atleast :rolleyes: The worst possible way i know of recording is fuckin putting a Metal zone into the input of your soundcard:lol: It sounds fuckin fuzzy.

EDIT: But certainly a multiFx processor woud maybe make it easier for you but there are alot of other ways and i woudnt buy a multifx for that purpose...i dont think so.

You should just buy a Dynamic instrument microphone and put that in front of amp/cab and that into your recording thing whatever it is...its gonna need mixing but it will be better than any Line 6 Gearbox presets atleast :rolleyes:

That's just what i'm talking about, unless you're a proficent mixer/recorder it won't sound as good as you would imagine.