Guitar Player's Thread

most probably less expensive than buying a new amp.

+1 But i meant i can still ask thomann if they'd change out the tubes on guarantee :p I already mailed them. i mean 2 powertubes=50 euros and Preamptubes about between 7-15 euros a piece. My amp has 2 powertubes and 4 preamptubes.

Why ask?:lol: You want buttseckz that bad huh?:lol::lol::lol:

cause you were having a fucking orgy over his damn shirt :lol:

ok, this was a bit confusing to read. are you saying that my headphones have a better "distortion" to them than the speaker? meaning that the additions of bass, treble, or whatever through that channel are better?

and what do you mean by studio monitor exactly?

and trust me, I have tried every possible combination of the knobs on my amp (which include treble, bass, middle, and gain). no matter how they are adjusted and in how many ways, the tone through the speaker itself sucks.

a monitor is a special kind of speaker. a studio monitor gives you the truest reproduction.

most all speaker sets/headphones add some frequencies to the sound in their own attempt to create what they believe is a better quality sound. however, that's very subjective and different for every brand, every quality, etc. Sometimes bad quality speakers/heads can't handle a full spectrum of frequencies. Many times their additions accentuate the main parts of the sound to cover for their deficiencies. A studio monitor will give you the truest reproduction of the sound without any additions, and (hopefully) reproduce the entire spectrum of frequencies. this is very important when mixing/mastering because you want to get the purest, best quality sound before people put their own EQing on it, and/or their speakers play it a bit. For instance, if you go to Radioshack, one set of speakers might have a really great treble, but shitty bass, and another might have creamy mids, but shitty high/low frequencies. that's just the quality of the sound reproduction. A studio monitor's purpose is to give you the truest reproduction of the sound without altering it as said above.

so, in that way, your headphones, depending on the quality, are probably dipping out the bad frequencies. most headphones can't handle a full spectrum of sound, so they kind of cut out the extremes, especially the bass, which is probably why it sounds different in the heads. and seeing as its a cheap ass amp, that's probably why its better :p

this is how i personally EQ cheap amps: max mids, bass at about 75% (usually i cut it to around 60%), treble at around 80% (depending, I'll either max it or cut it to around 65%). experimentation is the key etc.

:lol: I've decided against getting the Washburn now, as I was looking for something similiar that actually has inlays.

Found it would be cheaper to buy this from thomman, it's practically half the price of all other sites on that lovely place. (it's neck through as well, so > set neck)
vendetta_4.jpg

And then swap the pickups for an EMG 81 + EMG 60 set.

:lol: I've decided against getting the Washburn now, as I was looking for something similiar that actually has inlays.

Found it would be cheaper to buy this from thomman, it's practically half the price of all other sites on that lovely place. (it's neck through as well, so > set neck)
vendetta_4.jpg

And then swap the pickups for an EMG 81 + EMG 60 set.

No offence man but you change opinions faster than me :lol::lol: Yeah and i wont try to bash you now anymore...i gotta try to keep up peace with everyone so i wont get hated(i am that anyway) :D:lol: Vendettas are great for the price i think.

No offence man but you change opinions faster than me :lol::lol: Yeah and i wont try to bash you now anymore...i gotta try to keep up peace with everyone so i wont get hated(i am that anyway) :D:lol: Vendettas are great for the price i think.

It's called keeping your options open and not making a mistake. Not to mention my "opinion" hasn't changed, my opinion is that i want a 24 fret, mahogany body, neck-thru guitar with a string thru setup (Im bored of floating trems now) that's under my budget.

It's called keeping your options open and not making a mistake. Not to mention my "opinion" hasn't changed, my opinion is that i want a 24 fret, mahogany body, neck-thru guitar with a string thru setup (Im bored of floating trems now) that's under my budget.
Yeah i know but i thought it was like me...i change my opinion ever so often about guitars. Pain in the fucking ass!

http://blogs.guitarworld.com/metalkult/videos/nile-the-metalkult-interview/

Nile video interview. Karl Sanders is such a fucking retard! :lol: It's the first time I've heard him speak.

Dallas is awesome though. Watch the "Dallas What Are You Tuned To" section.

:lol::lol::lol:

it looks like he had just woken up with a great hangover,hhehe.but anyway,I don't care how retard he seems in interviews as long as he continues delivering that fucking great pieces of death metal nile keeps creating.

:lol::lol::lol:

it looks like he had just woken up with a great hangover,hhehe.but anyway,I don't care how retard he seems in interviews as long as he continues delivering that fucking great pieces of death metal nile keeps creating.

i actually thought that bit he played with the fretless sounded like complete shit.

i actually thought that bit he played with the fretless sounded like complete shit.

I wasn't talking about the actual bit they play there but about the albums and the usual playing of Nile.anyway,opinions are opinions and they're what make life interesting.without different opinions we'd be all the same and life'd get pretty damn boring.and messageboards would be useless.my opinion,if anyone's interested,is that nile are one of the best death metal bands around the world.

I wasn't talking about the actual bit they play there but about the albums and the usual playing of Nile.anyway,opinions are opinions and they're what make life interesting.without different opinions we'd be all the same and life'd get pretty damn boring.and messageboards would be useless.my opinion,if anyone's interested,is that nile are one of the best death metal bands around the world.

and i dislike death metal, so not surprising i don't really appreciate them, so ehh. ill take your word for it ;)

cause you were having a fucking orgy over his damn shirt :lol:

a monitor is a special kind of speaker. a studio monitor gives you the truest reproduction.

most all speaker sets/headphones add some frequencies to the sound in their own attempt to create what they believe is a better quality sound. however, that's very subjective and different for every brand, every quality, etc. Sometimes bad quality speakers/heads can't handle a full spectrum of frequencies. Many times their additions accentuate the main parts of the sound to cover for their deficiencies. A studio monitor will give you the truest reproduction of the sound without any additions, and (hopefully) reproduce the entire spectrum of frequencies. this is very important when mixing/mastering because you want to get the purest, best quality sound before people put their own EQing on it, and/or their speakers play it a bit. For instance, if you go to Radioshack, one set of speakers might have a really great treble, but shitty bass, and another might have creamy mids, but shitty high/low frequencies. that's just the quality of the sound reproduction. A studio monitor's purpose is to give you the truest reproduction of the sound without altering it as said above.

so, in that way, your headphones, depending on the quality, are probably dipping out the bad frequencies. most headphones can't handle a full spectrum of sound, so they kind of cut out the extremes, especially the bass, which is probably why it sounds different in the heads. and seeing as its a cheap ass amp, that's probably why its better :p

this is how i personally EQ cheap amps: max mids, bass at about 75% (usually i cut it to around 60%), treble at around 80% (depending, I'll either max it or cut it to around 65%). experimentation is the key etc.

thank you for this explanation, it helped :)

So I decided to continue on that riff i posted some time ago, i've been working on it on and off, but finally finished it! I'm pretty satisfied with the rythm tone, even though i hardly know anything about mixing, and you'll have to excuse the sucky drums/keyboard. but the lead tone sucks arse, which you'll notice.

Anyways, i created this myspace account to upload some future tunes o' mine (hopefully), so some input would be awesome! Also, notice the Necro inspired title, basically taking two awesome words that have nothing to do with eachother and putting them together!

Since the paycheck will be arraiving soon i'm also buying a Korg PX4 tomorrow, so hopefully i'll be able to record some lead stuff that actually sounds kewl. I'll still be using the POD for rythm though.

Teh myspace

If you want to download it (Why would you though? :lol: ) Here's the yousendit. I think it's a tad better quality than the myspace, not sure about that though.

I like what you did with the song Marc (what does Inhe mean?), now add the solo :heh: I've been saying this for a long time but I'll be getting the PX4 sometime in the future :lol:

I like what you did with the song Marc (what does Inhe mean?), now add the solo :heh: I've been saying this for a long time but I'll be getting the PX4 sometime in the future :lol:

Inhe is just a weird nickname that stuck, mostly because it's easy to write. Thanks for liking it :lol: