Guitar Player's Thread

Upload it! :D

This was before my computer crashed and I was playing for 2 or 2.5 years. It was recorded with a line6 rifftracker and had a similar tone to Inhe. I've lost the registration key so I can't even record at all. I've decided to get a Shure SM57 mic because 1) I actually have enough money, haha! 2) I believe my soundcard is shit. 3) I can actually get a tight tone with my Fender 15 watt practice amp (don't underestimated it!)

I made another vid. I've been dying to learn this riff for ages and I finally did it tonight since I have the time. It's the intro to Arch Enemy's new song, Blood On Your Hands.

VIDEO

Compliments again, I liked both expecially "Concerto", 'cause I think it's one of the best compositions ever made but also 'cause it has a special meaning to me.... weird, seems like I'm going back to one year ago.

Well, anyway, good job again.

^Yeah, I understand... and only some music and songs have great powers to make us feel strong feelings.

About me, listening to "Concerto" today makes me feel like going back to one year ago, but I think no one could understand what that means to me, and it's ok 'cause it seems like I live in my personal world only and am way too much emotional, but this is me... like me or hate me, who cares anymore.

From the minute 03.27 on... this part nearly makes me feel tears... call me what you like, call me emo or anything, 'cause I don't care.... I know what it all makes me feel, and I'm proud of what I feel. End of.

hmmm i'd really like to see warheart playing necrophagist....brutal \m//

I used to be able to play one guitar part in Stabwound when I practised it everyday but now I wouldn't be able to.

This was before my computer crashed and I was playing for 2 or 2.5 years. It was recorded with a line6 rifftracker and had a similar tone to Inhe. I've lost the registration key so I can't even record at all. I've decided to get a Shure SM57 mic because 1) I actually have enough money, haha! 2) I believe my soundcard is shit. 3) I can actually get a tight tone with my Fender 15 watt practice amp (don't underestimated it!)

Ghey.

Warheart - Do you normally have that guitar tuned down 2 steps or was that just for the Arch Enemy song?

Just for AE. It's usually in E.

┼Victim of the Night┼;6746533 said:
Compliments again, I liked both expecially "Concerto", 'cause I think it's one of the best compositions ever made but also 'cause it has a special meaning to me.... weird, seems like I'm going back to one year ago.

Well, anyway, good job again.

Thanks.

I've decided to get a Shure SM57 mic..... I believe my soundcard is shit.

Where do you think the mic will be plugged in? I'm not trying to be rude, but most people connect their mic's in their soundcard's.

Where do you think the mic will be plugged in? I'm not trying to be rude, but most people connect their mic's in their soundcard's.

Yeah, I realize that but I still believe the tone will be better coming from the amp rather than the tone coming from a guitar effects processor. You know what I mean? More of a true sound and I could tweak mic placements.

Why don't you use the line out of the amp? That way you'd get the tone of your amp direct without the extra cost of buying a mic, an expensive one at that.

I'm so relieved, I picked up my guitar today for the first time in 7 weeks. Was quite suprised my skills hadn't diminished much; bit sloppy here and there but nothing a few days of solid practice won't cure. It's just I can't remember a damn thing I could play prior to my accident :lol: Soooooooooooo fucking happy I can play again though.

Why don't you use the line out of the amp? That way you'd get the tone of your amp direct without the extra cost of buying a mic, an expensive one at that.

If the amp doesn't have an in-built amp simulator, this isn't going to work, it'll basically sound like crap. Some new practice amp have an enhanced line-out, like the Peavey Joe Satriani 15W and the Marshall Kerry King 15W, which have their in-built amp sim matched to the amp sound.

I'm so relieved, I picked up my guitar today for the first time in 7 weeks. Was quite suprised my skills hadn't diminished much; bit sloppy here and there but nothing a few days of solid practice won't cure. It's just I can't remember a damn thing I could play prior to my accident :lol: Soooooooooooo fucking happy I can play again though.

Did they fix that tendon you were talking about?

Yeah, I realize that but I still believe the tone will be better coming from the amp rather than the tone coming from a guitar effects processor. You know what I mean? More of a true sound and I could tweak mic placements.
you will get better distortion sound indeed but its still will be limited quality. i would recommend you to try with some cheap mic barrow from a friend or something before you waste money for nothing.

congratulations man!

If the amp doesn't have an in-built amp simulator, this isn't going to work, it'll basically sound like crap. Some new practice amp have an enhanced line-out, like the Peavey Joe Satriani 15W and the Marshall Kerry King 15W, which have their in-built amp sim matched to the amp sound.

Ah, that I didn't know. I was under the impression all amps had an in-built simulator.

Did they fix that tendon you were talking about?

Um yeah kinda, I was told another 14 weeks until it will feel back to normal and 6-9months before its fully healed.

I don't have a line out. My Ada MP1 has one but it (the amp itself) doesn't work.

Good to hear.

you will get better distortion sound indeed but its still will be limited quality. i would recommend you to try with some cheap mic barrow from a friend or something before you waste money for nothing.

Yeah, that would be a good idea. Doesn't the Shure SM57 require a registration key in order to use it? I don't think this is the case for all mics though.