Guitar Player's Thread

I made a video demonstration of the gear I use 'cause everyone keeps asking me.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YNPJso_vxoM[/ame]

I want to subscribe to a few guitar magazines, and I need your guys' opinion on the most worthwhile ones out there today.

It seems that Young Guitar features Alexi a lot; is that right? And is Guitar World any good? And GuitarOne is also a popular magazine too, correct?

Just let me know your opinions on each of these please. Thanks.

I made a video demonstration of the gear I use 'cause everyone keeps asking me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YNPJso_vxoM

Nice Song!

I want to subscribe to a few guitar magazines, and I need your guys' opinion on the most worthwhile ones out there today.

It seems that Young Guitar features Alexi a lot; is that right? And is Guitar World any good? And GuitarOne is also a popular magazine too, correct?

Just let me know your opinions on each of these please. Thanks.

Young Guitar costs a lot for a subscription. GW and GuitarOne are quite shitty in my opinion. Look into Total Guitar or Guitar Techniques.

@Wings of a dream
nice vids dude.

and please do me a favor, get rid of this damn osama bin laiho of yours
we saw it enough don't you thing? i seriously can't see it any more.
its huge, its stupid, and fucking annoying.

god why do finnish people always rule at guitar? im watching tons of vids of finnish guys that have only been playing like 3 years and they're amazing what is up with that? makes me feel like im not practicing enough
don't complain and be happy with what you have.
its not easy to have patience and to know where you stand but if you continue to compare your self and try to cheat your self it wont bring any good.

don't complain and be happy with what you have.
its not easy to have patience and to know where you stand but if you continue to compare your self and try to cheat your self it wont bring any good.

Uh dude, he never said he wanted to cheat..? He said he felt like he wasn't practicing enough. He can complain if he wants..?

very nice. but no amp pics?

and i was just going to ask you about your scalloping, when did you finish it?

Because I don't use an amp when recording. If you read, it says "I get all my recording tones from a". Anything you hear from me is with the PX4 and PX4 only. The only exceptions are a few things on my soundclick but noones asking about those.

Uh dude, he never said he wanted to cheat..? He said he felt like he wasn't practicing enough. He can complain if he wants..?
off course he can complain if he wants, i was just trying to cheer him up.
i guess i wasn't so much cheering up

Question.

thingylp8.png

How would you's play this?
I play it 3 fingers and slide and repeat sequence for the 4 note run

now, should i pick all notes, or leave the slide note unpicked? Up til now i have only done the slide with no pick, but it really sounds weird.

Question.

thingylp8.png

How would you's play this?
I play it 3 fingers and slide and repeat sequence for the 4 note run

now, should i pick all notes, or leave the slide note unpicked? Up til now i have only done the slide with no pick, but it really sounds weird.

Picking everything gives a more staccato feel obviously, if you can do both, then you can choose what fits the best. But i would play it with the fingers and then slide, picking everything.

Picking everything gives a more staccato feel obviously, if you can do both, then you can choose what fits the best. But i would play it with the fingers and then slide, picking everything.

obviously :p But yeah, i have to take some time to get used to picking everything i guess

I'm not gonna say anything about your playing cuz I still can hear the original song and I'm not a guitarplayer so can't understand well your tone and what you executed correctly and what not correctly, but... I'm glad someone finally played this song, it's one of the less covered ones, but I think it's one of COB's best songs, and also my fav among them all... love Alexi's and Janne's end solos! :) ..... *runs to listen to Hatebreeder :heh:*