Guitar Player's Thread

obviously :p But yeah, i have to take some time to get used to picking everything i guess

Woh, got a little confused there. What i meant was that i would play it with three fingers in groups of four :lol:

Question.

thingylp8.png

How would you's play this?
I play it 3 fingers and slide and repeat sequence for the 4 note run

now, should i pick all notes, or leave the slide note unpicked? Up til now i have only done the slide with no pick, but it really sounds weird.

6uid4cw.jpg

The first two beats are exactly the same picking and exactly the same fingering as the second two beats, just shifted up into 19th position. Slide or bend into the high E.

yeah but its not the riff, i just made it as an example, its hte technique. I cant work my way around it by doing that for the rest of my life, i gotta learn how to do 1 string runs properly sooner or later, no?

Why should you make things harder for yourself? There's obviously two views on it.

1. Learn to play ANYTHING anyway (like John Petrucci) just so you can...or

2. Learn how to play anything YOUR OWN WAY so you can play anything you want in the way you want.

Take the Downfall solo...

E- 24-22-20-19--22-20-19-17--20-19-17-15

That's the way Alexi plays it but that does NOT mean YOU have to. You can play it like:

E-24-22-20----22-20--------20-------------------------
B----------24--------24-22-----24-22-20--24-22-20----
G---------------------------------------------------23--

I'm not saying you should re-arrange every difficult thing to another way or something but most people act like they have to play something the way it says in the tab. You should realise alot of tabs are wrong and it's not actually how the player plays it.

I like 1 string runs too but the one you tabbed is just fucking awkward as hell and you don't need to do it. The ones Yngwie does are much easier.

-5-8-7-5--7-10-8-7--4-7-5-4--5-8-7-5-

or

-7-4-5-7--8-5-7-8--10-7-8-10--12-8-10-12--13-10-12-13--

At least with those ones you're staying in one position for the entire duration of the beat and so is the way I arranged your lick.

Understandable.. I dont usually do things the way its tabbed, but i really like 1 string runs :lol: But i do get what you mean with the position changes, its VERY awkward in triplets. Riff was originally in just 16ths, but i just turned it triplets on the fly and put it up, hence why it looks extremely illogical. Thing is i usually do what you say there, what i could play it like, as opposed to how alexi does it. But the fanboy in me wants to do it otherwise :(

damn i should do a part of a song And record it with webcam tomorrow and link it here to get constructive criticism...i feel a bit like im in a dead end so id need help in advices of improving certain points of my playing. We will see if i have the guts tomorrow to do it...i was thinkin of doing a bit of Mask of Sanity.

^Well, noone is perfect and everybody must always improve somehow, so don't worry :) ...and "Mask Of Sanity"? Wow... that would be nice, yeah!

And hm, hey Mitch... excuse me, but I'd have a lil' request... dunno where you are at the moment but whenever it'll be that you'll be on the forum again and will read this, could you please upload that vid of you playing Sinergy's "Written In Stone" solo?
When you posted it on here, you did upload it only on youtube, without a sendspace link like you did with "Touch Like An Angel Of Death", and 'cause I liked it, I wanted to have that, if you want... otherwise, sorry if I asked, and it'll be ok the same. Thanks anyway. :)

Yeah i recorded a "sample" now hehe. It was not perfect but i could not resist. I shall post it here when its finished processing on youtube. I did a few stupid mistakes and its just a bit of the song: intro,verse and the thing after that :lol: Well i post this for purposes of getting better. Also it looks like i would spastic arm a bit but that is WRONG My hand/arm shakes a bit because i had to sit in a bit akward position to be seen properly on cam so :lol: If anyone remembers my catastrophous attempt on Rebel yell and Children of bodom songs then maybe this will be a bit better:lol::lol::lol: So...ill post it right after its finished and tell me specifically stuff to improve on. Thank you already in advance:lol: So soon here comes a shitty sounding version of MoS :lol:

EDIT: Mask Of Sanity is my favorite song right now :kickass:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6753011 said:
^Well, noone is perfect and everybody must always improve somehow, so don't worry :) ...and "Mask Of Sanity"? Wow... that would be nice, yeah!

And hm, hey Mitch... excuse me, but I'd have a lil' request... dunno where you are at the moment but whenever it'll be that you'll be on the forum again and will read this, could you please upload that vid of you playing Sinergy's "Written In Stone" solo?
When you posted it on here, you did upload it only on youtube, without a sendspace link like you did with "Touch Like An Angel Of Death", and 'cause I liked it, I wanted to have that, if you want... otherwise, sorry if I asked, and it'll be ok the same. Thanks anyway. :)

Sure.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f9jn3b

@the phenom:we're waiting for it.this chirstmas when I get my new guitar I should record sth too with the same purpose as you.constructive criticism ftw,:lol:I might upload that Sinergy bits I asked Mitch to record in order to get tips form my own playing.I'll see.anyway until christmas it's impossible as the guitar is at the shitty studio where I'm recording the first demo for my band,:lol:it's a 10 square metres room,:lol::lol::lol:(actually it's our rehearshall place and the one who's going to do the recordings has brought a computer and some mics.we'll see where does it go in the end,:lol:

Atleast its better than the last videos i posted(about in april i think). I can't lol enough for them...
[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8748020897281496115&hl=en[/ame]

Oh well it sucks a bit...take your shot gentlemen and flame:lol:
I play some bits wrong there so sorry but i just tried spontaniously to record it:) Im planing on learning the whole thing with solo and everything. That'll take a while tho.

A BIG BUT HERE:lol: My guitar might be slightly out of tune since i forgot to tune it before and im not arsed to do another video of that short piece of the song:lol: ENOUGH EXPLANATIONS! Just watch it lol:lol:

I thought it was pretty good.
Thank you :D
I found it cool, but I didn't like the fact that you always went down your fretboard (Just my opinion though :p). You've improved.
Yeah i got some flaws in my playing that i try to eliminate still. Thank you Squee
┼Victim of the Night┼;6753191 said:
^Yeah, same here! Don't give up, the phenom. :)
Why are you all so afraid of criticism? It'll only lead to you getting better, knowing your errors!

Yeah youre right. I want to know how to improve...Sorry was just afraid of getting bashed like last time(BUT that was good so it could get my head out of my arse and start taking it easier with the soloing)

@FlyingV_Guy Thanks alot Flo!;) Yeah you do that...;)

Now that he wants criticism, he only get's praise. I think the attitude has alot to do with it, a humble person doesn't get as much critique :p I thought it was pretty tight, but it's kinda hard to hear it that way.