Guitar Player's Thread

No, it's not.

Regardless of whether anyone likes Trivium or not, their songs are not easy to play PROPERLY.

I know but i was just expressing that there are alot harder songs than EoTC of Trivium...atleast how i remember it :p I can play the intro/Verse/chorus of EOTC but not properly since i wasnt arsed to learn the song completely back then(I had played so little time it was pretty hard for me) And notice i didnt mean Trivium was easy but EoTC is not one of the hardest songs done by them :p

Fair enough.

Listen to my cover of "Rain". I actually had to record Matt and Corey's rhythm parts in two different sections because I couldn't handle it all in one go. :lol:

I basically had to play one part, stop where there's the slow part and actually stop recording. And then start recording again when my muscles stopped throbbing. :lol: Took me ages. It was the quick gallop bits that fucked me up.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=498189&content=songinfo&songID=4210017

I dno why I told you that, makes me look like a fag. :p

I bought a DD6 because i had the money and i "needed" a delay pedal. thing is, motherfucker wont do such a simple thing as feks, lets say i want to play that delay part in children of decadence, it just goes ballistic and sounds homo, help? I try tapping the tempo, but fucker ends up harmonizing it, which sounds ballz.

Other than that, its really cool, for serious lead tone. Also it has some funky analogy thing going on when you twist the Delay Time knob while holding a note. Reverse delay is cool, but i dont see any practical use for it. Or the warp thing, which sounds stupid. But still its a great pedal, i just need to figure out how to do that thing there *feels retarded*

Fair enough.

Listen to my cover of "Rain". I actually had to record Matt and Corey's rhythm parts in two different sections because I couldn't handle it all in one go. :lol:

I basically had to play one part, stop where there's the slow part and actually stop recording. And then start recording again when my muscles stopped throbbing. :lol: Took me ages. It was the quick gallop bits that fucked me up.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=498189&content=songinfo&songID=4210017

I dno why I told you that, makes me look like a fag. :p
That was a good one!:headbang:
Yeah i know that riff...the rhytm is tricky. Ive been able to play it somehow though...almost all through that song. BUT it was sloppy.

i did a quick recording of the first solo in the end of the beginning by jason becker.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nl16wa

if u listen to it with headphones, you should be able to hear my guitar easily coz i can. i played over the actual song again.

:oops: You must know this is my most favorite song in the world! This song contains so many memories and emotions. I want to record too! @*%$!!!

Now, I'm pretty scared. I have always liked guitars, I have played little bit in school... but now I have started thinking that it would be nice to own one, or actually, I have thought this about a year. In fact, this thought of own guitar has started to pop my mind very often and I play my air guitar more than ever nowadays...

THE problem is a proper guitar. I know I should go to some music shop and ask, but I want your opinion first :D. 'V guitars' are pretty cool (like Alexi's), but of course there's lots of other beauties... Especially ESP and Tokai have some nice guitars. But what kind of guitar would be suitable? Because it would be "just for fun and just for me" guitar, it should cost less than 1000€. Good guitar but not that pro. And I'd play - in the distant future - this and that, metal, rock etc. ^^

This seems quite nice, it's ESP MMV 07/BLK-YP (699€).
TOKAI ALS-48/BB (502,55€) looks pretty cool to me, too.

Any comments? :D And I would be pleased if someone could recommend other good guitars and tell something about them.
Thank you!

Now, I'm pretty scared. I have always liked guitars, I have played little bit in school... but now I have started thinking that it would be nice to own one, or actually, I have thought this about a year. In fact, this thought of own guitar has started to pop my mind very often and I play my air guitar more than ever nowadays...

THE problem is a proper guitar. I know I should go to some music shop and ask, but I want your opinion first :D. 'V guitars' are pretty cool (like Alexi's), but of course there's lots of other beauties... Especially ESP and Tokai have some nice guitars. But what kind of guitar would be suitable? Because it would be "just for fun and just for me" guitar, it should cost less than 1000€. Good guitar but not that pro. And I'd play - in the distant future - this and that, metal, rock etc. ^^

This seems quite nice, it's ESP MMV 07/BLK-YP (699€).
TOKAI ALS-48/BB (502,55€) looks pretty cool to me, too.

Any comments? :D And I would be pleased if someone could recommend other good guitars and tell something about them.
Thank you!

even though the MMV is bolt on I think,I'd get it always before the tokai,but it's just because I love V-shapes and hate Gibson-Fender shaper(they're everywhere!!:erk:)even though in this case I think the MMV is better,cause the tokai will be bolt on for sure too,and:

floyd rose>>>>>>>no tremolo
24 frets>>>>>>>22 frets

and I think the EMG's in the MMV will be better than the pick-ups in the tokai.