Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, I play guitar, hopefully i'll be able to post a vid of me playing Everytime I Die, Sixpounder, and Lake Bodom, which i'm preforming tomorrow for my school, i'll try and get the vid from my teacher. I've only been playin a year but i can already do tapping, 200+bpm speed picking (and not on just one string), beginner-intermediate sweeping/sweep-tap arpeggio's. etc. etc. heres my current gear.

squier strat (signed by joe satriani)
suqier bullet
american made kramer w/ floyd rose
dean firecrackle
80w marshall valvestate
ibanez weeping demon wah pedal
digitech rp100 effects pedal (up button doesnt work:mad: )
misc. cords accessories etc.
i use dunlop big stubby 3mm picks
i also have huge binders filled with tabs, i'm guessing a couple rainforests worth:p

hoping to get

peavey 5150/6505/6505+, one of those, or a good high gain half-stack
alexi laiho signature esp/ltd model
or a jackson rr3 or rr5
boss gt-8
and hoping to be in a band!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i found all my old accounts postings here when i was looking at the list of the top posters in this thread. man i was stupid

ATTENION!

Sorry for interupting the "what guitar shall I buy" discussion, but I just found a really cool backing track that'd be awesome for COBOT Forum Jam #3!!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qswm7j

I've been jamming over this for a few minutes now and it's so easy to come up with stuff that sounds good. It's a very common chord progression and I think it could produce some great solos.

It's C, G, Amin, F.

Give it a go and let me know what you think!! The main bit starts at 00:15.

really awesome. Count me in!

^Shit man! I would honestly not waste my money on that one. I would much rather get a Peavey 6505+ or JSX head. Other expensive heads id like to add to my collection are Randall V2(Michael Amott uses this), Krank Revolution Also a JCM-800 Would be pretty nice :)

EDIT: The Randall would be the most logical one since i like their tone and it has been awesome. Michael Amott has awesome tone too!

I mean look at it...its very equipped! It even has a 6 band graphic equalizer!:D Extremely versatile amp id say. And theres switchable channels from SS sound to Full Tube. I think its awesome. Might get one of those in a long time.

190605.jpg

Yes and its equipped with a Direct out recording output. Very awesome head indeed. For all around use. Rather pricey tho. 1300€ BUT i reckon it'd be worth it.

ATTENION!

Sorry for interupting the "what guitar shall I buy" discussion, but I just found a really cool backing track that'd be awesome for COBOT Forum Jam #3!!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qswm7j

I've been jamming over this for a few minutes now and it's so easy to come up with stuff that sounds good. It's a very common chord progression and I think it could produce some great solos.

It's C, G, Amin, F.

Give it a go and let me know what you think!! The main bit starts at 00:15.

I like it alot, has a common but really useful progression. I think the solos could differ even more than on the last one we did. The beginning made me think of some vai-ish whammy bar sliding, awesome!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i found all my old accounts postings here when i was looking at the list of the top posters in this thread. man i was stupid

200+bpm speedpicking is awesomeness :cool:

Definitely!

http://ozielzinho.com.br/

Ozielzinho got his custom guitar! Don't really know when this happened, but i noticed it on his site just now. The video shows the building of the guitar aswell as him playing one of his songs, a must see for everyone imo. Just press the top link named "Assista agora!". Really cool guitar actually, apart from the headstock.

count me in this time as well.
so if we are going to do it how many bars do we play?
or does every one get to play the full length of it?

I'd like to try this jam thing, if i can record that is :S

edit: Just played through that backing a few times, and its fun to improvise with, ideas flow so fast :D But its a slow track, so i think i'll focus more on phrasing than speed :p