Guitar Player's Thread

yeah i can get an alright sound. ill post a clip so you can judge the sound. who uses cool edit pro? so i can get tips on how to improve the quality of it. im off to work so ill post it later

I'd like to join but when I record it sonunds like shit.the only way I get an ok sound is when I record a video with the camera and then get an mp3 file from the vid,:lol: any tip on how to get a sound that is not ''crack and pop'' and shit?Mitch,for what specifically do you use Cool Edit?recording,mixing or what(sorry for the question but I've not used it much)?also,if anyone can help with it.my setup is guitar--->Korg AX1500G--->computer(because I don't have mic to get the sound from the amp and the amp ath home is a fucking 15W academy),any tip for making it sound at least acceptable?if not I've got no way for taking part in the jam.

this is the sound i get, this is not exactly what im going to play but along those lines, recorded with a built in mic. sorry for the sloppy playin i did this real quick
http://fs02n2.sendspace.com/dl/10a616dd320bec704f7b4ba63db72061/475b908d531912ba/283yvo/lol.mp3
Warheart, what can i do to improve the sound using cool edit pro

that's slightly better than the tone I get. And my comp doesn't even have a built in mic, so I had to buy one to plug into the mic input. but then again, you have that korg effects thing right? you can use some of the EQ settings on cool edit pro and mess around with them to see if you get a sound you like, but they never really satisfied me when I tried using them.

i don't have a korg, its the sound from my amp. yeah i messed around with it and it just fucks it up more
EDIT: i think i might use my wah pedal though

sry dudes but i can't join the forum jam. i just got an e-mail that one of our tests is going to be earlier than expected and as it's my final year i'm gonna concentrate moar on school than on guitarplaying...if it's still up in 2 weeks or something i'll try to make a record but i dunno

sry dudes but i can't join the forum jam. i just got an e-mail that one of our tests is going to be earlier than expected and as it's my final year i'm gonna concentrate moar on school than on guitarplaying...if it's still up in 2 weeks or something i'll try to make a record but i dunno

If you take the time you spend here, doing your solo instead, you'll be done in no time.

i'm just here cuz i need to use the internet for one task which is part of the final exam. it's a written task and i need the webtz for my research but i'll try to make a solo, ok?

I'd like to join but when I record it sonunds like shit.the only way I get an ok sound is when I record a video with the camera and then get an mp3 file from the vid,:lol: any tip on how to get a sound that is not ''crack and pop'' and shit?Mitch,for what specifically do you use Cool Edit?recording,mixing or what(sorry for the question but I've not used it much)?also,if anyone can help with it.my setup is guitar--->Korg AX1500G--->computer(because I don't have mic to get the sound from the amp and the amp ath home is a fucking 15W academy),any tip for making it sound at least acceptable?if not I've got no way for taking part in the jam.

If you're going from your guitar into your effects pedal and then into the computer, it shouldn't crackle. It's nothing to do with CEP either.

Go into Control Panel, "Sounds And Audio Devices", "Audio", Click on "Volume..." under the "Sound recording" headline and then you'll see a big board with different options like MIC, LINE IN, WAVE, WHAT YOU HEAR etc. I choose "Line In" and it sounds clean. If I choose "Mic", it's always really loud and distorted so maybe that's what yours is set to too. There should also be a n db gain boost option under Mic, and if so, you need to turn that off.

So, if you've set it it Line in and Mic is muted and it's still fuzzy, try changing the input port. I've got 4 at the back and 2 at the side and maybe a few other. Just try them all until you find the best sound. If you still get no improvement, then you'll just have to live with it I guess.

this is the sound i get, this is not exactly what im going to play but along those lines, recorded with a built in mic. sorry for the sloppy playin i did this real quick
http://fs02n2.sendspace.com/dl/10a616dd320bec704f7b4ba63db72061/475b908d531912ba/283yvo/lol.mp3
Warheart, what can i do to improve the sound using cool edit pro

That's fine. The only thing I'd say is just make it a bit louder. I liked the playing too, there's a few cool note choices in there, especially that little harmony part.

inhe said:
If you take the time you spend here, doing your solo instead, you'll be done in no time.

Exactly. I sometimes used to say "Im busy due to work" but I had to be OFF work and at the computer to actually write that, meaning instead of writing for an hour or two, I could have just worked on a solo instead. You have loads of time, you can easily divide it between school and guitarplaying, you just need to decide how and stick to it.

And yeah, I just won another J-50BC for £26. :cool:

j50bc1ih4.jpg

j50bc2ru3.jpg

It's got the Charvel logo on it but it's just a different cover. I wanted it because I can stick that one in my BC Rich 'cause the BC Rich stock pickups in it are pretty muddy. I also get the bigger pickup ring that fits perfectly.

^Mitch...you can count me into the jam too. I will record something end of next week since i will most likely be away monday-thursday. Gotta go to some hospital shit...

There's no point really "counting in" anyone. Just record and post. If you don't send me something before I finalise it, too bad. It's as simple as that.

I'll write out the rules in a while and post here.

Mitch, where's that post where you said how you mix your stuff? Like which guitar how many % to each side etc..you know?

No idea man, I don't even have a certain formula, I just pan randomly until it sounds ok.

┼Victim of the Night┼;6769676 said:
Mitch... where are you?

I'm on my computer chair in the living room. :p Why?

Mitch, where's that post where you said how you mix your stuff? Like which guitar how many % to each side etc..you know?

Mitch helped me with that before, so i guess i could say what i remember. A general rule is pan 2 rythm guitars to the left and right respectively, 100% that is.

Lead guitar's should be in the center.

Mitch helped me with that before, so i guess i could say what i remember. A general rule is pan 2 rythm guitars to the left and right respectively, 100% that is.

Lead guitar's should be in the center.

Yeah, but sometimes that sounds really weird so I pull them in about 40-80, depending on the tone, drum sound, volumes etc etc.