Guitar Player's Thread

I just use hard Fender picks, does the pick really affect playing? I've gotten so used to Fender picks that ive never tried anything else...

When I use Fender picks they crack off after like 30 minutes of playing haha. Ive never had a dunlop yellow one break on me... I just end up losing them a lot :p

26213290.jpg

my new 7 string guitar. got it from ebay for 80 € (second hand)

i know its crapy but its great guitar for the money and as a project.
i am going to put floyd rose and locking nut with dimarzio pickups not sure yet which one though maybe X2N 7 or Blaze.
and i have cray idea for some custom wood job :D

i use 88mm usa nylon jim dunlop if you wanna play metal its gotta be over 85mm

You can play metal with thin picks too, not many people do it, but people like different stuff, stop throwing out random facts.

I just use hard Fender picks, does the pick really affect playing? I've gotten so used to Fender picks that ive never tried anything else...

Picks does affect your playing abit, but as you get better the pic doesn't matter that much, but it does affect your tone by alot.

You can play metal with thin picks too, not many people do it, but people like different stuff, stop throwing out random facts.

Exactly. Paul Gilbert uses a pick that's thinner than 1mm now and he's still fucking playing the msot terrifying guitar ever.

On that note, I got my GET OUT OF MY YARD DVD today!!!! :kickass:

It's pretty much just him in a studio showing you all of his fav parts of each song and explaining it. Also, there's explanation on legato and picking technique, plus a live Racer X guitar solo from the "Superheroes" tour.

The 2nd DVD is a live show in Japan.

On that note, I got my GET OUT OF MY YARD DVD today!!!! :kickass:

It's pretty much just him in a studio showing you all of his fav parts of each song and explaining it. Also, there's explanation on legato and picking technique, plus a live Racer X guitar solo from the "Superheroes" tour.

The 2nd DVD is a live show in Japan.

Oh, that's nice. Paul is such a great teacher. :D

Yeah, Paul is a great teacher. :D

I didn't even know there was that kind of DVD on sale. Got to purchase that sometime soon. :)

is there some exercise you could do like whit out a guitar ?

istockphoto_1712411_squeezed.jpg

i heard these things pratice your hammer on and pull offs lol

Those things practise the muscles on your arm. To practise hammer-ons and pull-offs, you can do hammer-on/pull-off excercises. Duh.