Guitar Player's Thread

@Mitch: looking forward TDE vid. BTW, remember that Return >To The Fourth World I was suposed to make?? I end tests next Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be abel to record it next week. I didn't do it in Chrismas because you weren't able to come here, but now you're back I'll try to make it. Hope it doesn't end sucking. Do I play both ways or do you want just my fingering?

YAY for Paul Gilbert! Sounds promising!

Btw, a good example for Fareri's over-the-top-technique-without-any-sense-of-musicality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MrEtV8zSE

:erk:

Next to him, Rusty Cooley has a great sense of musicality on his youtube vids, :lol: He has amazing chops, but he sucks. Amazing chops+musicality=orgasmic, amazing chops+no musicality=ears bleeding.

I think you should focus on playing and progressing instead of continuously shopping around for new gear and guitars.
Why don't you just save the money, get better at playing, and then in a year or so treat yourself to a really good guitar.

i suppose your right. but i dont shop at all. and i already treated myself to a new guitar :lol: i just wanted something to mess around with. i was saving for a new amp but since i only have like 300 bucks and i want expensive shit then im just going to wait till birthday/summer for that. thats why i spent like 110 bucks on concert tix :lol: and do you not think i focus on my playing? i practice for 3 hours everyday and i have guitar lessons and band practice music is my life and i know thats what im going to be doing for the rest of my life

^be prepared to be broke 24/7 then :lol:
But at least your confident.

quite good. Do you have backing track?

Thanks man. No, I just used the first couple minutes of the song Padmasana by Buckethead off his album Electric Tears.

Where did you get that shirt? The only Nevermore shirts I can find are album art ones.

My friend went to Gigantour in 05 and got me a shirt.

Right, Forum Jam #3. If you wanna be in the jam, send me your solo by tonight otherwise you're out.

I'll see if I can get it sorted.

So far, I have:

Conti
dave100
Earth Breather
Fetzer
flyingv_guy
Inhe
Mystique
Ruins

Pђoenix;6909217 said:
Mitch any chance you can wait one more night? I don't get back until tomorrow.

Why do you have to postpone it even more? :lol:

Just kidding, take your time, as long as Mitch gives you his permission, it's always fun to have more people in the jam.

I found this gal on MAB's pictures from NAMM. A gurl punk-shredder from Austin, Texas :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/flashbathory

My favorite part in Ghost Of Perdition :D
I did this mostly as an ear training exercise. I'm trying to get my tabbing skillz bettar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. And you always have a great tone. So I'm guessing you've changed the pickups in that cheap ol' Ibanez then? :lol:

Also, what's your setup?

Much appreciated man! Yeah I changed the pups to the ones Romeo uses (Bridge: X2N, Neck: Tone Zone)
My setup isn't all that fancy. Just a cheap ass RG and a Roland Cube 30.

Ah nice. I guessed it would be Dimarzio.

Yeah I use a Cube 20X and Im planning on getting rid of the EMGs in my Washburn (I love the sounds I can get from the EMG 85. But the 81 sounds awful :erk:) and replacing them with Dimarzios sometime soon.

For those who give a crap: I've finally come up with some stuff that i'm proud off, so i just have to arrange and add some stuff, and then record it. So expect song 3 soon!