Guitar Player's Thread

Ok, your right hand technique is much better now than months before! You are on the right way with this.
The quality is not that good (that's not your fault, but you should take the drums, keys and bass from the guitar pro file as a backing track!) - but what I hear is that your rhythm playing is very sloppy sometimes. Absolutely not total shit. But I think that Hate me! is a still little bit too fast for you.

I know this seems like 1000-times-heard, but: You could practise the riffs in one minute "sets" (just like situps lol). If you can play the riff 3x one minute long without any sign of tension or sloppyness, than - and just than - increase the speed by one or two beats.

By the way, a digital timer with countdown function and alarm helps!

yeah i know. It's a bit off. I know i could do it better but i think still thats better than yesterday. yeah thanks for the advice. Yeah i could do that. I'll do that next time :) Yeah ill practice riffs like that....seems like a good idea. Ive had problems with my rhytm and im trying to get it right still. I dunno i have had this strange tension in my right arm that has really limited my playing...so i train on stuff to get more flexible now. Really helps alot!

Thanks for checking out :)

Theres one thing that pisses me off...its when i notice my guitar is so loud i can't hear the backing track :lol::lol: Did happen a bit there but not that much so i can't blame on it. Just need to practice. And i really appreciate all advice to get better. So i wont go like unimproved for the next months hehe.

Okay so heres the video. the solos aint good IMO and my batteries went dead so i could not re-take it. FUCKIN BATTERYEATING DIGITAL FUCKIN CAMERA:lol: I might record just the solo some other day then. I don't see that i can sweep properly yet either. Not clean enough. And I DID say i would wear a mask :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH-E-3X4d0o

Practice your rhythm on something else to build up your stamina. Bodom is kind of fast for you. Maybe practice Metallica or Megadeth rhythms.

because he is a beginning guitar player himself, insecure people are always the most critical of others.

:erk::erk::erk::erk: ok dude im not even going to say anything about this shit

Okay so heres the video. the solos aint good IMO and my batteries went dead so i could not re-take it. FUCKIN BATTERYEATING DIGITAL FUCKIN CAMERA:lol: I might record just the solo some other day then. I don't see that i can sweep properly yet either. Not clean enough. And I DID say i would wear a mask :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH-E-3X4d0o

lol nice mask! ummm it wasn't that bad. but the solo..well instead of "being a cunt" like other people said :rolleyes: i will be a nice guy. with your speed picking you still use your whole arm. but dont worry because its really fucking hard to playing speed picking runs with your wrist, it just takes a while to get down. and the sweeping, actually not to bad. but your not articulating each note, it just sounds like a fast chord. but obviously sweep picking is a bitch, but one day it just clicked for me and i was like holy shit this is easy! nonetheless, good attempt. i sorta agree, bodom may be a little fast, but if you dont think so at least pracctice everything slow then fast :) good job my friend

:erk::erk::erk::erk: ok dude im not even going to say anything about this shit

lol nice mask! ummm it wasn't that bad. but the solo..well instead of "being a cunt" like other people said :rolleyes: i will be a nice guy. with your speed picking you still use your whole arm. but dont worry because its really fucking hard to playing speed picking runs with your wrist, it just takes a while to get down. and the sweeping, actually not to bad. but your not articulating each note, it just sounds like a fast chord. but obviously sweep picking is a bitch, but one day it just clicked for me and i was like holy shit this is easy! nonetheless, good attempt. i sorta agree, bodom may be a little fast, but if you dont think so at least pracctice everything slow then fast :) good job my friend

I hate referring to it as "speed picking", but it's not "fucking hard" to play fast with your wrist unless it's to fast for you to play, which in that case, you should play something slower. From what i remember from your song, your "speed picking" was very uncontrolled.

Practice your rhythm on something else to build up your stamina. Bodom is kind of fast for you. Maybe practice Metallica or Megadeth rhythms.
Yeah...goodthing i love megadeth. I have a song to music class which we will play "as band" which i will have to get into my head with solo and everything inside an week. In my darkest hour...Jeff's part. So i'll see how it goes hehe :) Thanks for the advice:headbang:
Yeah i guess i still use my arm A BIT in the fastest parts. Yeah it is a bitch :lol: Yeah i can't do continous sweeps...i can do single ones cleanly but continous ones fuck me up pretty badly :lol: Yeah i guess i'll one day get it. Maybe bodom is a bit fast but i have a strong feeling it will atleast in near future be much easier for me...with correct practicing. Thanks man!:) Yeah i guess in the sweeps its the muting im encountering problems with.

And the mask fuckin rules:kickass:

Now i atleast have some motivation for some serious practicing when the randall finally sounds better(THANK-FUCKIN-GOD):lol: