Guitar Player's Thread

Hey, if u wanna send me your track when you're ready, I'll add you.

Does this count for me too? Since today, I can finally use the PX4D and rerecorded my solo. I obviously haven't found a good tone on the Pandora yet (this needs some time), but I would be happy if I don't miss a forum jam.

I always thought you didn't add stuff after the deadline?

There's nothing that says anything about improvising any of it. I always write my solos because 1) I'll end up improvising something that I'm not happy with and 2) to test my solo writing "skills". I always listen to Alexi and think how he comes up with some things so I try and do the same. Guitar, keyboard, bass, piano, violin, skin flute, it's all good. :p

Maybe you didn't understand me but I just started learning keyboard, so I'm not very good, I would actually feel like I would be embarrassing myself if I upload a keyboard track of my own composition :loco: I mean, I am getting fairly good and can play some Bodom but when it comes to writing something on the keys I suck :lol: Correct me if my ear is playing tricks on me but the last jam was in C major, so I didn't feel motivated playing all white keys :lol: Like I said, hopefully I will be getting a new guitar in a month and will be uploading more stuff of my GUITAR playing :lol: I'll play on the next jam.

Anyway, the Passage To The Reaper one would definitely be cool, yeah. If everyone can give their input on when we should launch another, we'll give it a go.

Most definitely!

You know I agree with you about the backing track, makes a change. The next few will probably be heavy metal in a minor key again so it was nice to freshen things up and not be able to use harmonic minor!

I'm guilty of that! :lol:

On a slightly off tangent note: I'm getting guitar lessons again soon. After a while of teaching myself I've gotten "stuck" at my current skill level. Also I know fuck all about music theory. Also the proffessional teacher is a long time friend so yeah, cant wait.

On a slightly off tangent note: I'm getting guitar lessons again soon. After a while of teaching myself I've gotten "stuck" at my current skill level. Also I know fuck all about music theory. Also the proffessional teacher is a long time friend so yeah, cant wait.

Sorry if this was already said but how much time have you been playing? (I sense weird structure in that sentence :lol:) and what stuff do you have?

Sorry if this was already said but how much time have you been playing? (I sense weird structure in that sentence :lol:) and what stuff do you have?

About 3 or 4 years, but when I started out it was just for fun really. I didn't get properly serious about it until recently.

What do you mean "stuff"? gear?

Maybe you didn't understand me but I just started learning keyboard, so I'm not very good, I would actually feel like I would be embarrassing myself if I upload a keyboard track of my own composition :loco: I mean, I am getting fairly good and can play some Bodom but when it comes to writing something on the keys I suck :lol: Correct me if my ear is playing tricks on me but the last jam was in C major, so I didn't feel motivated playing all white keys :lol: Like I said, hopefully I will be getting a new guitar in a month and will be uploading more stuff of my GUITAR playing :lol: I'll play on the next jam.

Most definitely!

I'm guilty of that! :lol:
Mickey Mouse, look at how many "lol smileys" ya used!!! You laugh so much, you're not acting good, omgffs!!!

Well, nah, I joke, it's very nice to "see" someone pretty much always cheerful... :D

And... yeah, you better play in the next forum jam or I'm gonna come there where you live and tell you off! :mad:
Seriously, take part in the next forum jam, please. :)

Same speech is for the other guys, like Corny and Brad and so on. :Smokin:

^Yay for Nick!! :)

@ Corny-boy: Yeah, yeah, I read... but I hope the next time you guys are gonna participate from the start... man, these forum jams are awesome!

I love this thead so much, so many good ideas and facts happen on here.

A bit late but anyway: great work everyone who took part in the Jam. Earth Breather's solo really impressed me, and even though it has already been said, Conti and Mitch's vibrato stuff rocks so hard! I hope I'll have stuff for recording for the next one and I'll be able to take part.

About backing track for Jam #4, IMO the Waltari one Janne and Alexi used at NAMM would be great, and Passage To The Reaper's is somehow too listened.

On pickups matter: I've got an EMG 81, and I'm having some trouble to get an ok tone with my Randall. At home it's great, but at the rehearshal place when I turn up the volume it turns too grainy and too sharp. My settings atm gain (7), bass(7), trebble(7), middle(3-5) [all can go from 0 to 10]. Any tip? I've tried using my pedalboard and adding bass from there, but it doesn't work.