Guitar Player's Thread

I just got finished with my greatest work ever. I have managed to turn the traditional folk tune, Greensleeves, into a metal powerhawz.

I just got finished with my greatest work ever. I have managed to turn the traditional folk tune, Greensleeves, into a metal powerhawz. And for all you Line6 haterz, I recorded all the guitars with my Spider III head. Best tone I have ever owned in my opinion.
www.myspace.com/oliverhartguitar

I like it from 1:16-1:50ish. I didn't like the tone much either. and maybe you should turn the main melody down a bit during the first half of the song? it was a bit loud imo.

@Earth breater:pretty cool! Nice one IMO.:lol:

but...........I HATE LINE 6 SPIDERs!!!!!!:lol: I hate the tone and the popularity of those :lol: I just dont know why but i hate them just so much. I have playd them several times and i just hate them more every time :lol: But what i think is that they are handy when recording. My buddy has a Line 6 Uber metal and a Toneport and i am just stunned of the sounds he gets from it....the quality is just so fuckin good too.

i hate how (im not talking to anyone in here but just a generality) everyone nowadays doesnt know how to fucking eq an amp right. everybody seems to do

amp: line 6 shit

settings: uber metal gheyness w/ dimed bass and no mids

sure it might sound good in your BEDROOM but playing live or with a band you cant hear shit. without mids nothing will cut through, turn up your fucking mids to 7, turn down the god damn bass and yank that contour knob to the left!

I just got finished with my greatest work ever. I have managed to turn the traditional folk tune, Greensleeves, into a metal powerhawz. And for all you Line6 haterz, I recorded all the guitars with my Spider III head. Best tone I have ever owned in my opinion.
www.myspace.com/oliverhartguitar

I don't really like it... lol :lol: The guitars were cool, but I really hate those random drums things :D

i hate how (im not talking to anyone in here but just a generality) everyone nowadays doesnt know how to fucking eq an amp right. everybody seems to do

sure it might sound good in your BEDROOM but playing live or with a band you cant hear shit. without mids nothing will cut through, turn up your fucking mids to 7, turn down the god damn bass and yank that contour knob to the left!
EDIT:FUCK LONG READ! SRY!

True. If i had my bass over halfways or even halfways the whole room would shake during bandpractice :lol: I usually just tell my drummer to put in the settings that cuts through to him best and play :lol: Even though my own settings would be like Mids:7-10...depending Treble:7 bass:2-3 or none Gain: 75%. At bedroom levels i usually keep it the same but turn down the Treble and up with the bass. Mids are always at 6-7 then too. I use my MXR to sort out the things that displeases me and add the "soft" punch with the Overdrive pedal.

Someone said here some time ago that overdrives are pure shit that the distortion from the amp is the best you can get. I just have to reply that did you really think OD is same as Distortion pedal?. Id call using a OD more to bring forwards stronger boost into the tone but it keeps the tone of the amps distortion(doesn't color it much). SO if the amp distortion is complete bullshit it wont help. Also i noticed it sounds like pure shit through my peavey so no solid states either id guess :lol: God i hate those kids that go and review overdrive pedals and say like "this distortion pedal suckz...its only for faggoty blues and jazz...GET BOSS METALZONE FOR METAL!!!!1111" :lol: It's even worse if the player has playd 20+ years

Going to ship my Randall to thomann for tube change next week. Turned out the tubes have to be busted...no other options left. Tried borrowing new cables from a friend but no sucess and i mailed thomann and they told me i should call UPS and they would pick it up and ship it to warranty repair...its free so what do i got to loose?
EDIT2:There is nothing wrong with the sound but the amp keeps turning down volume/gain randomly. Sounds like the tubes are finished to me but thats just me.

don't know how many of you will be interested but any way this guy makes cool guitars and cool copies
http://www.pasguitars.com/
main.jpg

main.jpg

main.jpg

main.jpg

:lol: thats awesome! im not to keen on the tone but then again its a spider 3 :p

I like it from 1:16-1:50ish. I didn't like the tone much either. and maybe you should turn the main melody down a bit during the first half of the song? it was a bit loud imo.

I don't really like it... lol :lol: The guitars were cool, but I really hate those random drums things :D

As I expected, I murdered a legendary folk tune :lol::lol::lol:

i dislike the drums. i would say try to not make it just power chord riffing everyone and their grandma could just take the root notes of the flute thing and make power chords out of it. when you do your lead stuff boost the lead or turn down the rhythm. make a different tone for the lead sounds the same settings as the rhyhtm to me. i heard a couple wrong notes in your solo thing but thats fine. and at the end were you trying to sweep?

My bass is at 3 (like.. 9 o'clock or whatever).

i dislike the drums. i would say try to not make it just power chord riffing everyone and their grandma could just take the root notes of the flute thing and make power chords out of it. when you do your lead stuff boost the lead or turn down the rhythm. make a different tone for the lead sounds the same settings as the rhyhtm to me. i heard a couple wrong notes in your solo thing but thats fine. and at the end were you trying to sweep?

So in order for it to appeal, it has to be complicated to make? wtf
And yes, I was trying to sweep. I can't play guitar.

Failure: Weren't you a bit hard on Earth Breather? Im sure it wasnt a death serious song. I thought it was ok.

I would say. Add a lead riff or two...also i thought your guitars could be a bit better mixed(louder and stand out more)