Guitar Player's Thread

no i dont think i was hard. he wanted people opinions on it and i gave him my opinion i was just helping him. sometimes it may seem that someones "hard or harsh" on you but usually its the only way to help the person (not talking about earth breather here persay) its the fucking music industry, when someone makes a video/song whatever you have to speak your mind and say whats wrong with it, how you can make it better etc. but what i hate (which we've all done before) is say "blah blah you suck blah blah" with no basis/reasoning as to why they do.

Failure: Weren't you a bit hard on Earth Breather? Im sure it wasnt a death serious song. I thought it was ok.

I would say. Add a lead riff or two...also i thought your guitars could be a bit better mixed(louder and stand out more)

no i dont think i was hard. he wanted people opinions on it and i gave him my opinion i was just helping him. sometimes it may seem that someones "hard or harsh" on you but usually its the only way to help the person (not talking about earth breather here persay) its the fucking music industry, when someone makes a video/song whatever you have to speak your mind and say whats wrong with it, how you can make it better etc. but what i hate (which we've all done before) is say "blah blah you suck blah blah" with no basis/reasoning as to why they do.

folk metul is srs business

Don't worry Failure, I'll put in some alexi stances and whammy bar antics in the next one.

There is not big difference between being hard, and being a witty dick. Which you have certainly succeeded. 'Were you trying to sweep' is not an opinion.

don't know how many of you will be interested but any way this guy makes cool guitars and cool copies
http://www.pasguitars.com/
main.jpg

main.jpg

main.jpg

main.jpg

It doesn't seem to work :confused:

Are you Polish or Russian ruins? Just curious.

i am not sure i can answer you this question from my personal point of view though on officially papers i was burn in to russian family

edit: weird that the link doesn't work it works perfect for me

I think that V looks ok, black with white filled pinstripes and silver hardware but the rosewood fingerboard and multi-coloured shiny fret inlays ruin it for me. And it doesn't have neck binding.

I just think the colour scheme is cool.

folk metul is srs business

Don't worry Failure, I'll put in some alexi stances and whammy bar antics in the next one.

There is not big difference between being hard, and being a witty dick. Which you have certainly succeeded. 'Were you trying to sweep' is not an opinion.

Yeah...i thought it was pretty ok though. Louder guitars next time. Folkz metalz for ze win!:lol: AND oh yeah...a lead riff or 2.

So, failure_of_threads, when are we going to hear any of your recordings? If you have some; link plz.

^He did bark at the moon.
BARK AT THE MOON FULL COVER!!

alright i started learning this song 3 days ago so bear with my if i have any mistakes.
if anyone doesnt know...i'm 14 years old, been playing for 2 years. setup: alexi-600 straight into marshall valvestate 8240 w/ an mxr 10 band eq in the FX loop, its on the whole time. i tried to get a good jake. e. lee tone. god theres no covers of bark at the moon on youtube and every one thats on there is not played right or anything. i gotta throw this on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7XKXSamyg
:headbang:

Sorry for double post, but does anyone have suggestions on what would make it better?

hmm...well when I first saw your post for it, I was expecting you to actually change up the melody a bit. I mean not completely of course, but to the point where it's still recognizable. so maybe you can do that? On top of your power chords, instead of playing the melody with the synth, you can actually arrange the melody a bit differently and play it as a lead guitar over the rhythm?

Also, the drums didn't seem to fit very well. But I really liked the 2nd half of the composition a lot better :)

I said it too on the on topic, but dunno if it will be taken seriously, so I'll ask here for your opinions:

As seen in the pics and few vids of Spinfeast, Alexi seems to be tired of Sawtooth and Scythe, and he played with the new pink one and the Arrowhead (the one with the scratches he used for practice and can be seen in COBTV). Dunno if he did play exclusively those two or brought another one as in f.e. Novarock 07 where he played with Sawtooth/Scythe/Pink. But as I like both Pink and Arrowhead and I've been wondering for long why didn't he use it live, I hope he uses them more for the upcoming tours. I know that it's sort of a fanboi/stupid question, but there have been more dumb questions on here so I'll wait for your opinions/tastes.

That's cool. I'm kinda sick of it though 'cause my brother keeps watching Rocky!!! :lol:

I think if you added drums, it'd give it a better sense of timing.

I said it too on the on topic, but dunno if it will be taken seriously, so I'll ask here for your opinions:

As seen in the pics and few vids of Spinfeast, Alexi seems to be tired of Sawtooth and Scythe, and he played with the new pink one and the Arrowhead (the one with the scratches he used for practice and can be seen in COBTV). Dunno if he did play exclusively those two or brought another one as in f.e. Novarock 07 where he played with Sawtooth/Scythe/Pink. But as I like both Pink and Arrowhead and I've been wondering for long why didn't he use it live, I hope he uses them more for the upcoming tours. I know that it's sort of a fanboi/stupid question, but there have been more dumb questions on here so I'll wait for your opinions/tastes.

I think you probably answered your own question. He seems to be getting tired of those two because he used them all the time, probably because he liked them more and didn't want to use anything else. I personally think the Arrowhead RV is the nicest one and so it's cool to see him using it live.

Yeah I supose I did. Btw, although when it was first shown I found the pink one weird/gay (dunno exactly which) I'm starting to like it quite a lot (but the pinstriped model Alexi has, not the gay-beveled USA one, I hate in the three models those XXXXXXXXXL bevels in any colour :lol:), do any of you feel the same or you still :erk: when you see it??

I like the pink one alot too.

And I'm not sure what other model you're referring too but I HATE those USA ones with the longer lower horns. I don't like King V's either.

And I'm not sure what other model you're referring too but I HATE those USA ones with the longer lower horns. I don't like King V's either.

You already answered yourself. I was talking about the USA models. I find them too big and also IMO the bevels are extremely fucking big. If they didn't want to make pinstripes at least they could have set the bevels ok IMO.

Agreed, and he means the LTD version of the Pink RV

USA Versions of the Alexi are awfull. A friend of mine bought the Black Alexi-600

teh filled pinstripes thing, looks shit, and black bridge looks just awful on it :(
The tuners are ugly too.. I dont like that Axe at all.