Guitar Player's Thread

Just a little hint:
I think at 0:37 you play a note that is not in the (Mitch's?) tab. In the first run you play it right. But the second one differs (9th fret on the g string instead of 10th fret). Nice guitar strap!

Could be a slip :p Yeah i noticed after i got it that its very similar to Alexi's strap in seoul live vid. I got happy and pissed :lol: Because it would just increase the fanboi factor and actaully coz it looked great :lol:

Thanks Jose :lol: I also liked Mitch's video...the rhytm tone was too thin for my tastes but that's not really his fault id guess. Your solo tone was pretty good IMO :)

QUESTION:

I am tuning my guitar down from E standard to D standard but the tremolo sytem is "dipping down" into the cavity and I do not know how to correct this. This probably has to do with the tremolo tension screws inside of the guitar. This indicates I should loosen the spring tension but the thing is I have already done so :confused:

Here is my cover of Paul Gilbert's "The Gargoyle". Some parts are edited choppy and I didn't want to bother perfecting it (like some of the main riffs slightly out of time). Fairly good tone methinks...

THE GARGOYLE

Sorry for the bump but am I being ignored? :loco: Just kidding, comments appreciated! Really! :lol:

^ That was freaking awesome.

Thanks.

dude that was awesome. i never knew you were that good!

Looks like I spoke too soon :lol: Thanks for the comment!

QUESTION:

I am tuning my guitar down from E standard to D standard but the tremolo sytem is "dipping down" into the cavity and I do not know how to correct this. This probably has to do with the tremolo tension screws inside of the guitar. This indicates I should loosen the spring tension but the thing is I have already done so :confused:
Yes. Loosen the springs or if you have 4 springs you could Remove 1. There is also a possibility that you could change string gauge=offering more resistance.

ARG!!! Fuck me! I have done all those things besides changing strings (their strung with the stock .9's that came on the RG). I'll try some .10's this week (that's my string gauge preference).

Here is my cover of Paul Gilbert's "The Gargoyle". Some parts are edited choppy and I didn't want to bother perfecting it (like some of the main riffs slightly out of time). Fairly good tone methinks...

THE GARGOYLE

really nice! and I agree...I didn't know how good you were 'till now. how long have you been learning this song?

great tone too. i'm listening again :D

ARG!!! Fuck me! I have done all those things besides changing strings (their strung with the stock .9's that came on the RG). I'll try some .10's this week (that's my string gauge preference).

I got 11-50 but it does give a heavey hand to the playing. 0.10s are pretty nice IMO.

I learned the song while I was recording, HAHA! I started tabbing it out once the album came out but of course Mitch provided a flawless tab on the Racer X forum.

EDIT: Just curious, how long do you think the tremolo tension screws are? I keep thinking I'm loosening the screws too much :ill:

Just to let you guys know, I'm selling my MMV. If any one is interested in buying(or any of your friends)it, just add me on MSN/yahoo or contact via PM, and I'll give pictures and answer all kind of questions etc etc, thanks.

^Because squealing rules, :lol: Nah, a floating bridge is not that hard, you just have to do it 2-3 times and it'll become automatic and will be really easy. I can restring, clean fretboard and tune in 40 min more or less.