Guitar Player's Thread

did you remember to screw the floyd parallel to the body prior to tuning/intonating (that's the word you were looking for btw :p)?
Yes I did it. There must be way to make this screws shorter because the saddles could be moved much more in the direction away from the neck.

(I was looking for a word like the german "oktavrein" which translated directly to english means "octave clean")

So i had a lesson with my guitar teacher today, this time he brought round his "special" guitar. Its like, one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.

859b_3.jpg

:puke:

guyz i have an ibanez xiphos XPT700....it has dimarzio activator pick ups....is it a good idea to but the MM04 gain booster in it? how much will it cost me? and will i be able to install it to the guitar myself?

Getting a boost like that is only worth if you have a medium output humbucker like any of the Jackson J50s, EMG HZ3/4 etc. Putting it on top of a high output pickup is just insane...

Thank you Ben, Muffin and Phoenix. I changed string set up, retuned the strings and and did this 12th/24th fret thing (I dont know the english word). Now the saddles from the E and A string are so much in the direction away from the neck. So when I want to make a divebomb the string lock screws hit the body a the floyd wont go further into the body. Any advices (shorter screws?).

DSC00346.JPG

What guitar and what floyd are there?

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. And shorter screws from Schaller floyd won't help. Probably the best thing you can do is cut the screws for a couple of mm shorter.

I have a gold Schaller floyd for sale if you want a new floyd btw...

sweet playing, but i dont see how you havnt "practiced in 1 year" when you've been making vids practically everyday...but whatever.

+1!!!!!!!!!

Mitch, can you put that video on sendspace.com for us?

What guitar and what floyd are there?

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. And shorter screws from Schaller floyd won't help. Probably the best thing you can do is cut the screws for a couple of mm shorter.

Edwards E-AL-128, it's an OFR.
The funny thing is that there are wholes to put the "saddle screws" and the saddle further away from the pickups/neck.

Edwards E-AL-128, it's an OFR.
The funny thing is that there are wholes to put the "saddle screws" and the saddle further away from the pickups/neck.

There´s a chance that these guitars have floyd cavities too short for OFR. Check what´s the lenght of the cavity from where the floyd studs are and to the the point where cavit ends. I´d like to compare it to my Jacksons and see if it´s too short.

Getting a boost like that is only worth if you have a medium output humbucker like any of the Jackson J50s, EMG HZ3/4 etc. Putting it on top of a high output pickup is just insane...

So i suppose a MM04 and a Seymour duncan SH-4 would sound pretty good amirite? Because if id ever get Jackson stars i would do like that because i would never leave the booster hole empty.

I was bored and...i will let the video decide :lol: A bit sloppy but yeh.
[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2268698433120510283[/ame]

Oh my guitar is out of tune too a bit...SHIT!:lol: Nevermind...nothing serious yet.
I was just practicing on alternate picking steady to be straight. I sucked at it so i thougt "well practice then..."

It would be nice without the odd paintjob, superstrats are cool, although Washburns are not.

The paintjob is awesome.

And man shut the fuck up, my Washburn is fucking perfect, everything I could have asked for when I went out to buy a 24fret string thru guitar.