Guitar Player's Thread

^No I have not heard your amp, but I've played a Roland Cube (30 W) and if I had the bass at full it was a nightmare to play with the neck p-up. But anyway, interwebz rant won't solve it, you hate the 81, I don't, you like lots of bass, I don't, let's enjoy ourselves playing instead of arguin about tastes :D

noobs, 4 bass, 7 mids, 10 treble

N00b, not everyone uses/need/is good for him or her the same settings ;)

Nah, I don't like "lots of bass" thats the problem :lol: On the full distortion "Metal Stack" setting I found no matter how low I had the bass the tone just wasn't bright enough, couldn't cut through anything.

So I switched down a setting and found it was too trebley :lol: Solution: Lots of bass that doesn't really add up to that much bass.... that makes no sense but you know what i mean.

Just incase anyone wanted to learn it...

Paul Gilbert - Mr. Big Live Guitar Solo Tokyo '99 [UPDATED!!!]

VIDEO
GUITAR PRO 4 TAB

2ntfjgk.jpg

It's not 100% complete but I'd be confident in saying that it's over 95% accurate. Enjoy.

<3

Nah, I don't like "lots of bass" thats the problem :lol: On the full distortion "Metal Stack" setting I found no matter how low I had the bass the tone just wasn't bright enough, couldn't cut through anything.

So I switched down a setting and found it was too trebley :lol: Solution: Lots of bass that doesn't really add up to that much bass.... that makes no sense but you know what i mean.

I supose, :lol: Yeah, and also at home things are not as they should be, :lol: You can end up recording rythm guitars with more gain than the solos, :lol: Also, with practice amps you never know, they're like Kinder Surprise, you might tweak the bass/mids/treb, but it might turn ou completely the oposite to what you were looking for, :lol: Specially with cheapass Academy/Sonora/etc amps, :lol:

I supose, :lol: Yeah, and also at home things are not as they should be, :lol: You can end up recording rythm guitars with more gain than the solos, :lol: Also, with practice amps you never know, they're like Kinder Surprise, you might tweak the bass/mids/treb, but it might turn ou completely the oposite to what you were looking for, :lol: Specially with cheapass Academy/Sonora/etc amps, :lol:

My practice amp has crazy versatiliy (if you want to call it that), just a minor nodge on any knob changes the sound quite alot, compared to my marshall where the bass/mid/treble hardly change the sound.

you guys, I think this was the best night of my life! I didn't get to meet PG, but just seeing him in person is enough. I actually cried a little when he played The Gargoyle (but shh, don't tell anyone :p) I was so lucky to be all the way up in front, when I actually came a little late. but I was lucky ppl moved away, so I pushed forward and took the front row, hehe. Anyways, I'll just quote myself from the Racer-X forum:

oh and here's the set-list, as posted by another member:
Hurry Up
Curse Of Castle Dragon
Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar
Eudamonia Overture
Norwegian Cowbell
I Still Have That Other Girl
Bronx 1971
Scarified
I Cannot Tell A Lie
Green Tinted 60's Mind
Technical Difficulties
Suite Modale
THE GARGOYLE (EPIC TRANSITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Bultaco Saturno
Down to Mexico
-end set-

Then as Jeff said already the VERY surprising encore with none other than THE Billy Sheehan!

30 Days In The Hole (Richie on vocals)
then Richie left the stage and came out Mike Szuter
Daddy Brother Lover Little Boy
then Billy left and Mike took over the bass once again
Long Live Rock

the end.

Nice to hear you had a blast! :headbang:

My day was pretty killer, just guitared and worked out!

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot to ask you the same thing! :lol: How was your day?

My day was pretty killer, just guitared and worked out!

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot to ask you the same thing! :lol: How was your day?
it's been very lazy so far. I woke up at 12:30, lol. And I've been thinking of practicing the whole day, but haven't even taken out my geetar yet, haha, but that always happens. I did, however, write to Paul Gilbert telling him how much I appreciate him.
Oh, and I just asked you that cuz you said you were going out last night/this morning, so I guess you went to the gym :p

Congrats Mysti :D!

thanks buddy :)

it's been very lazy so far. I woke up at 12:30, lol. And I've been thinking of practicing the whole day, but haven't even taken out my geetar yet, haha, but that always happens. I did, however, write to Paul Gilbert telling him how much I appreciate him.
Oh, and I just asked you that cuz you said you were going out last night/this morning, so I guess you went to the gym :p

Actually, i went and bought a pair of sunglasses, because i didn't own a pair :cool:

:OMG::OMG::OMG: Now I understand why you say the EMG 81 sounds bassy and muddy!!! :lol: With a fucking 15 W Academy I have bass 7, mids 5 and trebble 7! :lol: And well, on the half stack I have mids 5-6, trebble 7 and bass on 3, :lol: And when I play with the Ibanez the neck p-up starts to feel bassy for my taste with that settings, :lol:
On my halfstack i have bass 3-5(depending on volume...if its really high i can seriously put it on 0) Mids 10 treble 6-7 plus the shitloads of adjustements in my EQ.

On peavey i got treble 10 mid 10 gain 8 bass 10 :lol:

I played Roland cube 60 many times since my uncle has one. It's a excellent amp but it really doesnt get bright enough. I dunno...maybe i was just finding settings wrong :p

Might as well share this with you guys too :D

My favorite part of Norwegian Cowbell:

And some footage with Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert together again (with Ritchie singing, maybe you can see him a bit to the right):

you guys, I think this was the best night of my life! I didn't get to meet PG, but just seeing him in person is enough. I actually cried a little when he played The Gargoyle (but shh, don't tell anyone :p) I was so lucky to be all the way up in front, when I actually came a little late. but I was lucky ppl moved away, so I pushed forward and took the front row, hehe. Anyways, I'll just quote myself from the Racer-X forum:

(....)

Great to know this, Mystique! Mr Paul rocks sooo much!! :kickass: I'm glad for you! :)

I'd like to see him too live, hope I'll make it someday. (I might go with my cousin, he adores him since the day I made him discovery Paul... yes, I could go and see him with Ale, hoping that he doesn't start insulting Paul randomly... he acts like that whenever he tries to play some of his stuff but can't make it at all!! Haha, I soooo laugh those times! :lol:)

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;7235181 said:
Great to know this, Mystique! Mr Paul rocks sooo much!! :kickass: I'm glad for you! :)

I'd like to see him too live, hope I'll make it someday. (I might go with my cousin, he adores him since the day I made him discovery Paul... yes, I could go and see him with Ale, hoping that he doesn't start insulting Paul randomly... he acts like that whenever he tries to play some of his stuff but can't make it at all!! Haha, I soooo laugh those times! :lol:)

I hope for your sake that you get to see him too! It's an incredible experience.