Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, Superior Drummer 2.0 is top of the line. If you find a torrent, link me to it! I'm not to savvy on torrents.

I don't like backing tracks made with Fruity Loops, drums sound... not good, haha.

Just FYI to make searching easier for you, the way EZ drummer works is there is a "base" version that has only a standard 5 piece rock drumset, and then "expansion" versions for different kits, such as the drumkit from hell metal kit ect. You NEED to have the "base" version in order to get the expansions to work, so download the regular EZdrummer VST before you download the expansions and say "they dont work!"

Yeah, Superior Drummer 2.0 is top of the line. If you find a torrent, link me to it! I'm not to savvy on torrents.

I don't like backing tracks made with Fruity Loops, drums sound... not good, haha.

Check your PM, but holy hell, the size of the thing is fucking vile :lol: I had to murder parts of my epic TV-show collection(RIP Ncis S1, 2 and 3 :() to fit it :lol:

Can't say the speed is good.. But i'm hoping it will pick up. Azu estimates a good 200 days before mine is done if it continues at this rate :lol:...

I brought my GP-1000 back to school, did a test recording just whipped up a stupid riff.
I think its sounding okay, a little boxy sounding but probably because I'm using cab/mic modeling on it, I have like 100000 different modeling files so I can probably find one that will make it sound less tight and a little more saggy

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6969131

Yeah, I have heard things across the board about EzDrummer. What about Drumkit from Hell? Might that be better or just as good. I am not looking for something extremely proffessional and complicated, just something easy and decent sounding.

I had Ezdrummer with the expansion Drumkit from hell and Addictive drums, and I must say, it is shit.. I'll upload later a drumtrack I made with Ezdrummer, but like muffin says, everything sounds like plastic, the snare is horrible, a normal beat would get away with it, but once you start using blastbeats you'll notice it. The kick is also something I don't like. And the rest is also very mediocre.

Addictive drums kicks ass imo, here is a drumtrack I made for trashed, lost & strungout, I used the midi from arcanes tab. http://www.sendspace.com/file/erc6a3

Once I have my new computer I will probably be switching to superior 2.0 too.

Back to the strings conversation...

I was using 11-49 in D and 10-46 in E, but ever since I got a guitar with the 9-42 set I'm thinking of going one set lower in every tuning. I hate how bassy the thick strings sound. I like my tone to be bright, which is not the case with the 11-49, D tuning and J50BC pickup which is very bassy sounding naturally.

http://www.toontrack.com/s20.asp#

for anyone that hasnt already seen the video here, and heard the clips, you really should. I dunno about you guys, but this is what ive been looking for :lol: I had no idea it sounded this good, and i'm really looking forward to testing it! I'll probably end up buying this, haha

Even if the quality is crap, its still real. I cant stand hearing "fake" drums, just because of the fact they are fake.

And you probably couldn't tell the difference between a real kit vs. a properly programmed one unless someone said so.

Most metal is so triggered and quantized anyways, it takes away the dynamics and feel of a real drummer.

The best drum machine/program sounds like a real drummer. And the best drummer sounds like drum machine ...

Anyway, not everyone can afford a superb drumkit + enough mic's + the acoustic room + and the skill to play and use it.

But still, most of us here are guitar players who like to record stuff, shit sounds nicer with a bt, and we can't play every instrument, so those plugins are an easy solution.

yah okay, true.

And you probably couldn't tell the difference between a real kit vs. a properly programmed one unless someone said so.

Most metal is so triggered and quantized anyways, it takes away the dynamics and feel of a real drummer.

You actually can hear the difference, most of the times, unless the real drums are overproduced, which makes it equally gay.
Also, with "real drums" i didnt really mean triggers etc. in my original post i first wanted to say "accoustic drums".

And even if i wouldnt hear the difference, just the fact that it IS fake (sounding fake or not), ruins the whole thing for me.