Guitar Player's Thread

I'm sure we have had this conversation before :lol: anyway, I use 11-48 Ernie ball (D standard tuning). Haven't snapped a string since i started using them

I'm going to try some 8-38 for my crappy strat this week and see how it works. It's to play rock and roll and maybe some soft punk, so it should be ok and would give me a cool range for bendings and stuff. We'll see.

Oh, and my shitty head just broke down last Saturday as the top of the shittiest gig we've ever had and the splitting of the band. Yay for my luck!

What program is best, and most practical, for converting midi drums in to decent sounding drum backing tracks? What program do many of you guys use?

I use GP5->Reaper with EzDrummer loaded

it pretty much goes straight in. Except if you write your snare as midi 40, inwhich you'll be slamming the side of the snare repeatedly like a fucking tool. Either change all to 38, or do it in the builtin Reaper midi editor, which is easier imo. Just mark all on that line, and drag it down 2 steps.

People here seem to loaaathe EzD though :lol:

Yeah, I have heard things across the board about EzDrummer. What about Drumkit from Hell? Might that be better or just as good. I am not looking for something extremely proffessional and complicated, just something easy and decent sounding.

People at the Andy Sneap forum rave about Superior Drums 2 (and for a good reason). I think I am more inclined to go with EZD. I've been looking for torrents and rapidshare downloads but I don't know which are good. Could someone send me a pm if they find something, that would rule :kickass:

Yeah, I have heard things across the board about EzDrummer. What about Drumkit from Hell? Might that be better or just as good. I am not looking for something extremely proffessional and complicated, just something easy and decent sounding.

I dunno, DfH to me, sounds so shit compared to normal EzD in terms of Snare and Kick. DFh's sound more like you're beating a cdcover or something like that, pure plastic and crap.

Superior drummer is something i've wanted to look into for a while, gonna torrent it or something. I need to buy a drum software soon, for recording, and i'd like to try them all before i decide :lol: