Guitar Player's Thread

The best drum machine/program sounds like a real drummer. And the best drummer sounds like drum machine ...

Anyway, not everyone can afford a superb drumkit + enough mic's + the acoustic room + and the skill to play and use it.

i have a drumkit with all parts scrambled from god knows where, mostly second handed stuff, a fucking integrated laptop mic in the room next to it with a blanket over it to reduce crunchy sounds, and it sounds like fucking crap when i record but i still prefer that over programmed drums :lol:

thats just my opinion though, and its probably because im a drummer

what happened to a drumkit and some mics around it? :erk:

Oh no we still use real drums and mics, until the drummer leaves and we whip out beat detective and drumagog and replace 75% of his kit with isolated samples and align the performance to a grid :lol:

Then the drummer hears the final mix and is like OMGZ WOW I AM SO GOOD! MY P.O.S. YAMAHA DRUMSET SOUNDS AMAZING!!

Oh no we still use real drums and mics, until the drummer leaves and we whip out beat detective and drumagog and replace 75% of his kit with isolated samples and align the performance to a grid :lol:

Then the drummer hears the final mix and is like OMGZ WOW I AM SO GOOD! MY P.O.S. YAMAHA DRUMSET SOUNDS AMAZING!!

:lol: I guess that actually happens

yeah man you wouldnt believe how much modern music is altered in recording. And I'm not just ragging on drums, lALL instruments/vocals can be messed with to sound better. you can pitch correct guitar bends or lengthen notes, you can Auto tune vocals and also match the timing of overdubbed vocals to the original vocal track so they are perfectly in rhythm.

'Shits CRAZY

I love how people can tag photos of you on facebook.

They help me remember epic adventures that I apparently had but can't remember... like this adventure in the woods!

HPIM1123.jpg

dude, rum ftl lol

it runs in my family after the first time you get shit faced with cpt. morgans/sailor jerry's, you vomit the next time you even get a sniff of it

Check your PM, but holy hell, the size of the thing is fucking vile :lol: I had to murder parts of my epic TV-show collection(RIP Ncis S1, 2 and 3 :() to fit it :lol:

Can't say the speed is good.. But i'm hoping it will pick up. Azu estimates a good 200 days before mine is done if it continues at this rate :lol:...

Jeez! I reckon the files would only download 1 percent... if i were to leave my computer on ALL DAY, haha! Disk space isn't a problem for me, as I have a 200 gig external hard drive. I wonder if I meet the system requirements to run SD2 in the first place...

What I would fucking hate to have happen is to have the fucking thing finally finish downloading and open the file saying it is corrupt :Smug:

Jeez! I reckon the files would only download 1 percent... if i were to leave my computer on ALL DAY, haha! Disk space isn't a problem for me, as I have a 200 gig external hard drive. I wonder if I meet the system requirements to run SD2 in the first place...

What I would fucking hate to have happen is to have the fucking thing finally finish downloading and open the file saying it is corrupt :Smug:

I would try to find a decent Rapidshare link, download Rapidshare Downloader, drag all the links in, don't care anymore.

It's much faster than these shit torrents.

Aye. Im up to 6% now, getting between 30 to 60kb/s

Says a week(though i have it paused now to download Crysis WarheadLOLGAMER).

I know i meet the system requirements, above recommended atleast, though i wish i had 4GB ram instead of 2, but then again i'd need to use vista, or xp64, and im not in the mood to start creating an armada of partitions to use dual/triple boot

Finding a rapidshit collection for this Superior Drummer 2.0 would be epic, but i doubt there is one, due to the sheer amount of volume this software has..