Guitar Player's Thread

I only just watched this today and I must say it's really good. I actually enjoy ed it and the 2 cam thing is a cool effect, might have to experiment with that myself!

*cough*Stabwound*cough* ;)

Haha, true...although Muhammed writes songs that make my fingers weep with fear. :erk:

Duuuuuuuuude! :OMG: Fuckin' lovely axe you got there!! Love it, love it :lol:

(btw, I know you like lots of midrange in your tone but judging from your submissions in the cover thread you should cut back just a little. Just my opinion, take no offense :p)

Thanks!

And yes, I noticed this too. :lol: I don't know why, but my BC Rich (with J-50BC pickup) has started to sound really weird lately. I don't know if it's the guitar or the pickup but I can't get a decent rhythm or lead tone from it anymore, so the only way to make it not sound terrible is by shifting the mid up a few notches. I haven't recorded something in a long time that has a tone I like...

@Mitch, what a beauty :). It's sounding great as well!

Cheers! And that reminds me, weren't you getting that new RR in pink with the silver bevels? I remember seeing a pic of it posted here and it looked rather tasty, I was looking forward to seeing some real photos of it.

Not only is the trem cavity too shallow on the RR24 but the pickup cavity is as well.

When I strip the neck I'm gonna bust out the router.

:lol:

I dunno if you mean the J-50BC, but I remember trying to get mine into the RR-J2SP and Nazgul telling me it wouldn't fit, so we both had to grab a file and work away the wood to the point of the pickup being able to fit in there without sticking up out of the body.

Then, the pickup RING needed to be filed away too, since the pickup was larger than the inside of it.

Nazgul also told me that an Orignal Floyd Rose won't fit into a J2SP cavity, so I'm not quite sure why I wrote what I wrote, because they're different sizes, unless said player is willing to file away some of the wood to make it fit (I'm assuming that's what a router is for, like you said).

Congrats Mitch! you surely deserve this guitar, and the color really suites you.

Fank u! :kickass:

Sounds and looks cool Mitch!

Don't like the tone as much as your Jackson with the J-50BC.
Even though it did sound almost indentical.
I just think the EMG's are a little too harsh here.
I think it'll sound awesome with a J-50BC in it.

I can understand what you mean, when I recorded that clip, I noticed it was a tiny bit too muddy for my tastes, but overall has a better rhythm tone than any other guitar that I own so far. I will see about throwing a J-50BC in there, I'm just a bit cautious at the moment, since I don't wanna ruin anything. I'd like to tune it down to D too, but I'm not sure if it'll spoil the intonation like it did with my Stars RR.

┼Victim of the Night┼;7694501 said:
These pics are some of my favourite... wonderful guitar, Mitch! I'm glad you finally got it.

The colours are so damn nice, and the guitar has got a great sound too. :)

Grazie mille, gattina! I knew you'd like them when I got it. You seemed so excited when I first showed you. :)

dude gnarly guitar man its awesome that nuclear blast paint job just looks soo deep with its shapes,have a good time with that awesome guitar you deserve it.
EDIT:yea mitch do you not have oil on your hands i mean the stars paint just looks immaculate to such point im drooling in awe,i can never geet mine to such a great shine even with my GHS wax polish,any suggestions ???

I don't put any polish or wax on any of my guitars. I often get a cloth and rub off the finger prints and stuff like that and that first pic was taken at about 15:30 when it was really sunny, next to a window, so I'm sure that's why it looks incredibly shiny there.

And I took a group pic of all my guitars last night, racked them up in order of purchase. :)

• Encore 'Strat' copy
• BC Rich Warlock - 2003 Body Art Series - June 'Flesh Ring'
• Ibanez RG770DX 1992
• Jackson Stars RR-J2SP (Japan)
• Jackson RR1 (USA)

rlf49x.jpg

And here's the two RR's:
zsvcj5.jpg

^Well, I don't think actual ESPs are SO overpriced. I mean, USA Jacksons are >2000€ too, it's not ESP alone. And then again you don't want to look at Gibson :lol: If you want cheap, then go for Ibanez: absolutely fucking awesome quality for some 1200-1300€ (Chris Broderick's guitar is a normal 7 strings RG which IIRC costs somewhere around 800€, and he uses it for everything). But you're really limited in shapes there :lol:

@Mitch: Man you have a really cool collection. Specially from the center to the right :lol:

@ Mitch

I couldn't understand what I wrote either. I did it in way too much of a hurry, I was on my way out of the door when doing it :p.

What I meant was, that the J-50BC sound clip that I've heard and this new sound clip sounds almost identical tonewise.

I just think that this sound is a little too harsh. Not that harsh ain't good, but this sounded like overkill.

I don't, I like esp and I'm considering buying a ltd ex400 or viper 407 but esp is so overpriced:lol:
the prices for ltds are very nice though:Smug:

ESP isnt really TOO overpriced imo, it depends a lot on where you are. Like Jackson, or any American brand, like say, MESA, is priced at atrocious levels here. feks; I saw a Jackson SL2H, green ghost flame in a local shop. $4800
A mesa boogie roadking halfstack will cost you aprox $7500

LTD was created for the US market, and halfly the european too. To have some off the shelf guitars that doesnt require you to sell off your kidneys to get. In their home country, ESP is reasonably priced. All the shipping and taxes and shops hogging their side of the bargain, really ads to the final price. ESP are quality instruments.

However, the $20000 for the shinigami, is just fucking ridiculous :lol:

I wish they'd let the rest of the world get Edwards.. Russia has gotten a lisence to sell it now, so hopefully some more countries get it too.

OH, and LTD's are stupidly overpriced in norway :lol:

Wait.. Everything is.

@ Mitch

I couldn't understand what I wrote either. I did it in way too much of a hurry, I was on my way out of the door when doing it :p.

What I meant was, that the J-50BC sound clip that I've heard and this new sound clip sounds almost identical tonewise.

I just think that this sound is a little too harsh. Not that harsh ain't good, but this sounded like overkill.

Yeah, I agree. Even when I turned down the gain, it was very distorted. Still, it has a better "crunch" than the J2SP but hopefully with a J-50BC, it'll sound perfect.

And this should be the last pic I post of this damn guitar :lol:

I made a cool pic:
nbeiv.jpg

^Well, I don't think actual ESPs are SO overpriced. I mean, USA Jacksons are >2000€ too, it's not ESP alone. And then again you don't want to look at Gibson :lol: If you want cheap, then go for Ibanez: absolutely fucking awesome quality for some 1200-1300€ (Chris Broderick's guitar is a normal 7 strings RG which IIRC costs somewhere around 800€, and he uses it for everything). But you're really limited in shapes there :lol:

@Mitch: Man you have a really cool collection. Specially from the center to the right :lol:

And schecter ;)

FAGFAGFAGFAG:erk: Still don't have my Hellraiser. I'm seriously going to cry soon:cry:

@MITCH: Oh and! Big congratulations to Mitch for that awesome guitar. Really love the color. Also, don't you like the EMG 81/85 set? Is it too thick or bright? (just being curious). Really love the looks of it. I am genuinely jelous! have fun with it and don't destroy it :lol: