Guitar Player's Thread

l_ac5a3c8ccf3e4767b05b45988090aa25.jpg

the rough draft for the album art for my band's debut full length. We are gonna smooth out some of the textures and whatnot, but yeah. I am pretty stoked :)

Being totally 100% brutally honest, I don't really like it :erk: Sorry man but the red lettering that's bevelled, the cut+pasteness of the foreground image and the use of two very different fonts make it looks like a rushed photoshoop job. Trying not to be offensive here man, but it doesn't really flow or look like a piece of "artwork" to me.

But hey that's just me, whatever.

Being totally 100% brutally honest, I don't really like it :erk: Sorry man but the red lettering that's bevelled, the cut+pasteness of the foreground image and the use of two very different fonts make it looks like a rushed photoshoop job. Trying not to be offensive here man, but it doesn't really flow or look like a piece of "artwork" to me.

I agree with you there, cool music though!

Steve Vai said:
And yup, a new Jem. This is different than all the other Jems in that it’s a h--- t---. Now you don't want me to give it up, do you?

I can't imagine it'd be anything else but a hard tail. Btw thats from his homepage.

I got a JE-1200 circuit through today, so now I'm just trying to sort out where everything goes, and hopefully if I don't fuck it up, it'll work and I'll have a nicer tone in my Stars RR, similar to a JE-1000.

USA J-50BC:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400014535201&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting

I also have a JE-1200 which is still not soldered yet. I thought to buy a J-50BC of somebody living in France but finally I won't. I'll keep my Seymour Duncan TB-4. Let's see how it'll sound!

Same here, I don't like it for the same reasons as Swabs. If you can, ask somebody to do it unless you like it but I think your music deserves a better artwork. I know a dude which is looking for some work! :lol: http://www.myspace.com/artefactdesign

man it's snowing like a mother fucker here

It almost a complete white out, you cant see more than like 10 feet in front of you haha

Good day to sit around and play guitar...or castlevania... I cant chooseeeee

excuse my ignorance, but what does a "hardtail" mean in terms of a guitar?

It means a non floating, bridge that doesn't move at all

for example a les paul bridge.

And I sucessfully fought off the winter elements by drinking lots of beeer!!!!!!!!

and whiskey and MOONSHINE (I KNOW WTF I HAD MOONSHINE, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY MADE IT BUT IT WAS REDICULOUS)

OKAY THATS all for now

LOWBERG IS OUT!

^Niiice dude :D!

Taaaaake my haaaaand; Off to never never land!

I made a quick cover of "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, I've sent it to a few people, but I guess I want constructive criticism. I don't really care for the rythms as long as they sound okay, but I'm pretty proud of the solo parts!

A few things I already know:

-Guitars need to be louder
-A few errors here and there I did the rythms in one try, didn't bother to re-record them to correct mistakes. Also, some parts are out of sync.
-Solo guitar might be too loud..
-I start too early in the beginning. (read second point)

I took the BT off www.guitarbt.com, so I don't know who's singing but it's cool, so I took it :).

Besides those, I think I did a nice job. If any of you feel like mixing it for fun, making it sound better, it would be very appreciated :).

^Niiice dude :D!

Taaaaake my haaaaand; Off to never never land!

I made a quick cover of "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, I've sent it to a few people, but I guess I want constructive criticism. I don't really care for the rythms as long as they sound okay, but I'm pretty proud of the solo parts!

A few things I already know:

-Guitars need to be louder
-A few errors here and there I did the rythms in one try, didn't bother to re-record them to correct mistakes. Also, some parts are out of sync.
-Solo guitar might be too loud..
-I start too early in the beginning. (read second point)

I took the BT off www.guitarbt.com, so I don't know who's singing but it's cool, so I took it :).

Besides those, I think I did a nice job. If any of you feel like mixing it for fun, making it sound better, it would be very appreciated :).

Nice job on the solo!:headbang:

I love your music and will definitely purchase your first output!

thanks! haha, i think we are just gonna put it up for free download.

it looks incredibly sloppy, but we were just trying to get the main idea for it. The actual album art will be done soon.