Guitar Player's Thread

You're welcome! Now, study session: biology! On Tuesday English exam and then the exam session is finished = guitar cleaning + new strings + perfect intonation + a lot of fun! (+ practising if I can keep my motivation :p and I should!)

Loosen locking nut, loosen said string, turn intonation screw said way, lock, tune, win:kickass:

You're welcome! Now, study session: biology! On Tuesday English exam and then the exam session is finished = guitar cleaning + new strings + perfect intonation + a lot of fun! (+ practising if I can keep my motivation :p and I should!)

:worship:

when I first tried it for the low E string, I loosened the red one so much, that the whole saddle came out like I said. So when I put the saddle back, I pushed it away from the body and screwed in teh red screw at the 2nd hole (as you can see in the pic). Now this is the problem...cuz there's only 2 holes you can put that screw in, and since I need to push the saddle back even further, what can I do now that I've put the screw in the furthest hole?

edit: Nevermind! I got it! I didn't think the saddle would actually stay if I couldn't move the red screw closer to the saddle itself, but it works. Thank you Steve!

As an Ibanez player, you should bookmark www.ibanezrules.com

Every setup step you'll ever need is explained there by the incredible Rich Harris.
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

hey ive heard many times that you have to chime the note at the 12th fret.Does that mean just playing a normal note on the 12 fret just by pressing it down or otherwise ???

I finally got around painting my warmoth project wich has been lying around since summer.
I decided after lots of different finish tests, to go with the Caparison sponge finish - in green. I tried it and clearcoated it on a piece of wood and it looked fucking awesome!
Then went for the backside of the guitar. It's drying right now. Afterwards I am going to clearcoat the backside and sponge it on the front too.
I also bought a clear pickguard for it - and its gonna have OMG gold hardware :p (not the guard, the guitar :p).
I also finished the maple neck in an oil system used for big boats of tree. It holds up as well as nitrocellulose, but it can be repaired on + the wood breathes.

you have a dry room for the painting WOW.I mean doing painting during winters something.

My dad has a work...place. :rofl:
And yes, we can manage to keep it dry - clean (don't want no dust) and decently warm. But I have been taking the body inside when it have been drying for a small amount of time. That way I can have it inside without making paint marks all over the place by lying it on some screws (neck screw, and two for the electronics cover) and then on a cloth.

It's a real time eater though. First one side, dry, another side, dry, then again on both sides, then swamp technique on each side, then clearcoat on each side.

The oiling of the neck were a bitch too. It needed oiling 18 times! Once per 20 minutes. Then a few layers of the "harder" stuff - don't want no neck bending :p. Both number 1 and 2 are oils. It's something my father recommended. It's really unknown - and I understand why. It's quite cheap (well, everything is relative - but compared to nitrocellulose for example it's only a little costier - but it's not good for mass producing!

Be sure that I am going to post awesome pics when finished! Maybe also when the body is finished :p. Dunno, depends on my freetime at the moment. Right now I am fed up with tests and projects for school.

wow cool you have a dad with that kind of knowledge.I dont dare to paint here when it rains because its so damn humid.

and that sponge effect will surely look awesome,i cant wait.

wow cool you have a dad with that kind of knowledge.I dont dare to paint here when it rains because its so damn humid.

and that sponge effect will surely look awesome,i cant wait.

It does!
Now I just hope the guitar will sound as cool as it looks :p.
But it should - it's all high end parts, a Screamin Demon, oiled neck and also the big block from floydupgrades. And really, the Lee Jackson amp can make anything sound cool anyways :rofl:. Even my little sisters cheap RG sounds awesome through it.

So last night this one stupid metalhead I know from home that used to go to my band's shows calls me at 10PM and is like "ALEX I'M AT YOUR SCHOOL FOR SOME REASON COME GET ME" so I dont really want to hang out with this kid so I just go say hello and hes completely trashed at 10pm so I just told him that we were busy and couldn't hang out.

So later that night I'm at this packed bar and my friend somehow managed to show up and starts following me around.
Then he says all happy like "ALLEX FIND ME A BED, SLEEPY TIME" and then he straight up passes out on a bar table for an hour and like random people from the bar started taking pictures with "the kid passed out on the table" lol

It was an interesting night

Speaking of guitar finishes, here's what I did today.

Before-

DSC01537.jpg

After-

DSC01544.jpg

So smooooth

Yep,he got it from some guitar store that he said must have hated it cause of its looks or whatever and got it really cheap.

How did you strip the paint off so nicely even leaving a small trim on the fret binding?

Also did you do anything to that huge chip on the wing?