Guitar Player's Thread

Looks good man!

:kickass:

Holy crap that looks awesome man! :headbang::headbang:

:headbang::kickass:

Nice man, i personally hate painted guitar necks.

That is a RR24?

You know it.

Yep,he got it from some guitar store that he said must have hated it cause of its looks or whatever and got it really cheap.

How did you strip the paint off so nicely even leaving a small trim on the fret binding?

Also did you do anything to that huge chip on the wing?

Some boutique place with a bunch of old dudes, it has a chip on the big wing and they threw it in the back so no one ever saw it. A friend told me about it, 800 bucks off new price. :lol:

I just sanded it all the way down to the binding.

And the chip is still nasty as ever. I should probably seal it up/

Next up- Scallop 20-24 and installing the je1200 this week. :cool:

^The guitar looks great. I prefer the painted neck but still looks amazing! How could yo do it so good yourself? Do you work at it or did you go like reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow so you wouldn't fuck up? I wouldn't dare to do those things myself :lol:

Speaking of guitar finishes, here's what I did today.

Before-

DSC01537.jpg

After-

DSC01544.jpg

So smooooth

Wow, that looks fucking awesome, congrats :kickass:

I just wanted to thank you guys for the advice a few pages back... I'm definitly gonna get the guitar I want, no matter what the bassist thinks.

^The guitar looks great. I prefer the painted neck but still looks amazing! How could yo do it so good yourself? Do you work at it or did you go like reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow so you wouldn't fuck up? I wouldn't dare to do those things myself :lol:

I just said fuck it, bought a bunch of sand paper (60-800 grit) and went at it in an furious masturbating-like fashion.

You got that result JUST from sanding it down??? It looks fucking awesome, I might have to do that to mine!!!

Yes sir, just sanding. My guitarist came over and was like 'holy fuck this is smooth'

Feels like the back of an Ibanez Prestige neck.

I just said fuck it, bought a bunch of sand paper (60-800 grit) and went at it in an furious masturbating-like fashion.

Yes sir, just sanding. My guitarist came over and was like 'holy fuck this is smooth'

Feels like the back of an Ibanez Prestige neck.

Just remember to oil it, unprotected wood = problem.

Wow, totally didn't know Adagio had new stuff out, cheers for pointing that out to me.

You got that result JUST from sanding it down??? It looks fucking awesome, I might have to do that to mine!!!

Nooo! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: but you didn't fuck up the binding or leave something not so smooth? Wow, great job!

Awesome!! I really want to do it, but I'm afraid I'd fuck it up, since it's my precious guitar!

You could always pay to get it done, I got quoted about 50-75 bucks but instead I payed 10 for sand paper. :lol:

Necromancer if you need any help or advice on scalloping, I scalloped my entire RG's fretboard a year ago and it came out pretty good.

I did a neck a while back and went WAYYY too deep. I'm going to do my MIM strat before the RR.

I scalloped my Strat copy and it came out great, but I think I went way too deep. :lol:

:lol:

Just remember to oil it, unprotected wood = problem.

The guy who inspired me has 3, 20 year old kramer neck-thrus w/ maple necks. 17 years ago he stripped them all, never putting a finish on it. Hard maple doesn't need a finish....

...but I'll probably hit it with some tung-oil

Nooo! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: but you didn't fuck up the binding or leave something not so smooth? Wow, great job!

Nope, smooth as glass. It's nuts, I'm surprised really.

The guy who inspired me has 3, 20 year old kramer neck-thrus w/ maple necks. 17 years ago he stripped them all, never putting a finish on it. Hard maple doesn't need a finish....

...but I'll probably hit it with some tung-oil

Oil's not a finish. I'm sure that guy had it oiled, seriously. Will save you a lot of trouble later on. Remember your greasy sticky hands will touch that neck all the time :p plus humidity, sun, termites, etc.

Alright, the estimated cost for a gp-1000 copy would be arround 150/200 euro. Including tubes.

Only problem is, Lee is using rare parts. Because those push/pull pots cost 4x more then regular pots.
And i dont have clue whats under that huge mid frequency pot thing.

@GP-1000 users:
Could someone take a picture of the text on the transformator (the huge large round thing).
Allround question, i would love to have some high resolution/detailed pictures of the inside of the GP-1000. Doesn't matter how many picture ... i can't have enough.

Thank you very much :)