Guitar Player's Thread

I think the 2nd Venom looks like a guitar designed for Spiderman. I would seriously consider getting either the first BOP or the first Venom :lol:

How come you totally neglected to post their vaguley nice looking guitars anyway?

barchetta-blk.jpg

USA_Barchetta_Pinafarina.jpg

Much less retarded looking.

Those guitars would be nice if the body was not so fuckin OMG 3D with a retarded shape. More rounder and it would have been ace. I just think those don't look so special IMO. The extreme ML kinda shape i posted earlier was really nice IMO. Those guitars just look like a fucking crossing between a Superstrat and ESP Viper :lol: Long neck and unfitting headstock.

someone help!

Ever since I got my pod, I've been getting this really annoying message from cubase when I try to set the device as the Pod xt Line 6. I have to do this because by defualt cubase is set to recognize my Asio Multimedia driver (or whatever it's called).
cubaseprblm.jpg

So far, what I've been doing is just restarting my computer (with the pod always connected) everytime this message shows up. And this usually works, as in it lets me change the device to the pod. But this is soo annoying to do everytime I want to record something. Does someone know a solution to this problem?

bump

Hey sorry for the newbie question, but i have no clue

What do you use to reduce the buzz and all the noise you get from playing live straight through an amp?

someone help!

Ever since I got my pod, I've been getting this really annoying message from cubase when I try to set the device as the Pod xt Line 6. I have to do this because by defualt cubase is set to recognize my Asio Multimedia driver (or whatever it's called).
cubaseprblm.jpg

So far, what I've been doing is just restarting my computer (with the pod always connected) everytime this message shows up. And this usually works, as in it lets me change the device to the pod. But this is soo annoying to do everytime I want to record something. Does someone know a solution to this problem?

thank you daniel :)

seriously, does anyone know? Alex, you use cubase....any clue why I'm getting this "channels 0/0 could not be set..." message?

I'd like to help, but I have no idea. If you need someone to check some settings in a working Cubase (mine), I could do that (but I have XP).

On another note:

Joe Satriani and some tapping tricks:

PG about alternate picking and accents (not new to Intense Rock Guitar fans though):

Aaaaaand "Mr. Testament" Alex Skolnick and his Jazz Trio... 38 minutes, great:

The song starting at 10:30 features some of the best playing I heard in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twisha, I'm not really sure why you are getting that message. I usually use it on ASIO Multimedia Driver because I get too many glitches and pops when I use the ASIO Line6 UX2 setting. Although the ASIO Line6 setting has a much lower latency, it only really matters if you are monitoring your guitar live-sound through cubase. If you monitor your guitar through say Gearbox, gearbox has such a low monitoring latency that you can use that to monitor. Meaning that when you are playing through your computer and are hearing yourself play in real time, you are hearing it through gearbox and not through cubase, which most people do unless you are using effects in cubase that you want to hear in real-time while you play.

But having said that, that doesn't fix the problem of your ASIO Line6 PodXT function not working. I dont really know what the "channels 0/0" is referring to though. Assuming it was working in the past, I would first try re-installing your line 6 drivers. My UX2 was fucking up a while ago and glitching like crazy and I re-installed the drivers and it worked after that.

Let me know if the driver re-install works or not!

on another note, holy balls i'm not used to waking up at 7am

Hi!
I am looking new monster uber tr00 metal guitar and I found this kind of Jackson...
http://www.thomann.de/fi/jackson_kevin_bond_rhoads.htm

NO any Floyd Rose bridge and it looks pretty sexy also :):kickass:
Have you tested it? I have read from various forums and asked from my friends and almost all of them say that this is very good guitar. What you think about this Jackson?

I have looked also LTD EC1000 series and they are pretty nice too...

Twisha, I'm not really sure why you are getting that message. I usually use it on ASIO Multimedia Driver because I get too many glitches and pops when I use the ASIO Line6 UX2 setting. Although the ASIO Line6 setting has a much lower latency, it only really matters if you are monitoring your guitar live-sound through cubase. If you monitor your guitar through say Gearbox, gearbox has such a low monitoring latency that you can use that to monitor. Meaning that when you are playing through your computer and are hearing yourself play in real time, you are hearing it through gearbox and not through cubase, which most people do unless you are using effects in cubase that you want to hear in real-time while you play.

But having said that, that doesn't fix the problem of your ASIO Line6 PodXT function not working. I dont really know what the "channels 0/0" is referring to though. Assuming it was working in the past, I would first try re-installing your line 6 drivers. My UX2 was fucking up a while ago and glitching like crazy and I re-installed the drivers and it worked after that.

Let me know if the driver re-install works or not!

on another note, holy balls i'm not used to waking up at 7am

i guess that's the good thing about a mac? plug and it just fucking works

Hi!
I am looking new monster uber tr00 metal guitar and I found this kind of Jackson...
http://www.thomann.de/fi/jackson_kevin_bond_rhoads.htm

NO any Floyd Rose bridge and it looks pretty sexy also :):kickass:
Have you tested it? I have read from various forums and asked from my friends and almost all of them say that this is very good guitar. What you think about this Jackson?

I have looked also LTD EC1000 series and they are pretty nice too...
Go for it, the Kevin Bond signature is awesome! Great quality.

i guess that's the good thing about a mac? plug and it just fucking works

if this statement was true, and not just mindless advertisement(talking about use above honking on msn and opening the odd picture to change its hue, like proper studio use), then yes, that would be a good thing about macs.

Macs are great, they are so simple to use.
I really like how easy they make it for me to download the third-party program I needed to be able to do all the functions of the "Print Screen" button a PC has.:rolleyes:

thank you daniel :)

seriously, does anyone know? Alex, you use cubase....any clue why I'm getting this "channels 0/0 could not be set..." message?

Isn't the pod just not a plug-and-play thing? As in, its supposed to be plugged in when your PC starts up?

Macs are great, they are so simple to use.
I really like how easy they make it for me to download the third-party program I needed to be able to do all the functions of the "Print Screen" button a PC has.:rolleyes:

Isn't the pod just not a plug-and-play thing? As in, its supposed to be plugged in when your PC starts up?

Ever heard of google? I just googled it for shits n' giggles and i got lots of results on commands how to printscreen. :lol:

Anyway...not gonna turn this thread into some giant mac vs. windows thread. I have used windows for 10 years and I'm starting to hate it so much day by day :lol: