Guitar Player's Thread

Macs are great, they are so simple to use.
I really like how easy they make it for me to download the third-party program I needed to be able to do all the functions of the "Print Screen" button a PC has.:rolleyes:

Apple key + Shift + 3, full screen print screen
Apple key + Shift + 4, you can select what a portion/element in you screen

yeah, it has it's problems, but never gave me headache, or aids

fuck I just backed into some poor girls car and put a nice hole in her bumper

god damnit

Sorry to hear, insurance will pay or what?

whaaat

why not man? :O

Also, be cool and cover up that bump with excessive amount of tape.

:lol::lol::lol:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I just found the hottest guitars I have seen in a while! :kickass: These may well have been posted but if not then they are from a new company called DBZ Guitars founded by Dean Zelinsky when he parted from Dean because he didn't find his vision in Dean anymore and didn't want to continue there. They are just getting started and look like they are doing quite nicely. The forums had some pics from NAMM and they pictures looked really nice!!!

tl;dr Dean Zelinsky gave Dean the finger because they make cheap guitars and put incredible price tag on it. Then founded a new company.

PremierVenomSplatter.jpg

You'll all complained about them, but I fucking love this one! I want to see prices and Thomann delivering them and I may give it a shot :kickass:

I like the Soloist, but I never liked that kind of Rhoads.

on another note, holy balls i'm not used to waking up at 7am

Hard, isn't it? Exams season will be over in a week, I'm dreading the restart of the lessons :erk:

GP-1000 on eBay. Lower 48 US states only :)mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!!!!)

Buy it now: $499 USD.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Used, but in great shape. Works great. This is the model preamp used by Children Of Bodom (Alexi Laiho), and also used by Zakk Wylde (No Rest.. and live initially) among others. Several vids on YouTube by other owners also, and it has been discussed quite extensively on the CoB section of the Ultimate Metal forums.
Serial number begins with "88."
[/FONT]

We're famoose you guise:D

But..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will ONLY ship in the lower 48 of the USA.[/FONT]

:(

Aren't there any amp builders in norway? You could order something exactly to your taste, which would probably sound better than the gp-1000 (AND without risking ordering the fender-like version).

^I have never heard of any.

The GP-1000 is the one I want, it suits my taste (tho fanboy'ish, it's the one I like). But it would be cool to not get all the other equipment to make it sound good.

I don't think it as a stand alone amp would sound what I want it to sound like.

That's the point of being custom :p you could send them a schematic of the gp-1000 and have it made. And after it's done, you could tweak it (add a bit more bass response, voice the midrange more to the treble side, etc).

I don't know how much it would cost THERE, but considering price + shipping + import taxes, you're looking at quite a figure. Here, a custom preamp would probably cost about R$ 1000 which's usually around 500 USD.

You could also become a tr00master and build it yourself @_@

Here, the import taxes are so abusive that getting custom everything usually pays off... it might not apply to you though.

Aren't there any amp builders in norway? You could order something exactly to your taste, which would probably sound better than the gp-1000 (AND without risking ordering the fender-like version).
The fender version just is as good as the marshall version. From what i have heard, only the tonestack is copied from a fender circuit. That means (for example) the value of 3 resistors and 3 tone pots. And if im looking at the picture's of mitchs/lowbergs/necromancers preamp, i can confirm that.
The marshall version doesnt sound better, it just sounds different.

That's the point of being custom :p you could send them a schematic of the gp-1000 and have it made. And after it's done, you could tweak it (add a bit more bass response, voice the midrange more to the treble side, etc).
There is no public schematic of the Gp1000, i know he has a shitload of schematics in his Ultimate Bench Warrior Book (which was released a month ago).

^But I still don't know any amp builders, and wouldn't a custom cost more than the gp1k itself?
Mm, i calculated the average cost of a gp1000 and it was between 200 and 300 euro's.

If you can find a local guitar amplifier builder then you can get it pretty cheap.
Even someone who builds HIFI tube amplifiers can build a Gp1000 for you.

I have to build a JCM800 first, and after that im going for a Gp1000.

The fender version just is as good as the marshall version. From what i have heard, only the tonestack is copied from a fender circuit. That means (for example) the value of 3 resistors and 3 tone pots. And if im looking at the picture's of mitchs/lowbergs/necromancers preamp, i can confirm that.

If it was only the tonestack, it'd be easy. But according to his website, the marshall version has two extra preamp stages. And I'd assume the tonestack is in a different position as well (in a marshall type amp, the tonestack is just after the cathode follower, where its high impedance would cause the least signal attenuation. In a fender, it's usually after the first preamp stage, where there would be significant signal attenuation and hence a nice voltage drop before driving the second stage, which means even less distortion).

The marshall version doesnt sound better, it just sounds different.

I never heard the fender version, I'm talking from what people who bought it say.

There is no public schematic of the Gp1000, i know he has a shitload of schematics in his Ultimate Bench Warrior Book (which was released a month ago).

His website said that one would be in that book... but then again, it should be easy enough to design a gp1000-like preamp. Three stages, then cathode follower, then tonestack. Tweak values to your preference and voilà.

Thanks you guise, I really appreciate it!

Also thanks for the average cost for the gp1k!

If i'm getting a gp1k, it's gonna be the marshall mod, i'm also gonna get a cab, TU-2, som overdrive/booster pedals and possibly use my V amp for effects.

But this was my plan for my live setup, i'm not currently playing live alot. Tho i have 4 upcoming gigs!

Would be awesome to get that early alexi'ish kind of tone and mic it and use it in recording!

If it was only the tonestack, it'd be easy. But according to his website, the marshall version has two extra preamp stages. And I'd assume the tonestack is in a different position as well (in a marshall type amp, the tonestack is just after the cathode follower, where its high impedance would cause the least signal attenuation. In a fender, it's usually after the first preamp stage, where there would be significant signal attenuation and hence a nice voltage drop before driving the second stage, which means even less distortion).
Yeah, in the 88 versions the DI is removed, so that extra triode could be used. I dont believe that the tonestack has changed from position.

I usually compare the M1000 preamp with the GP1000. But i dont think these two are similar, because i recently discovered the M-1000 almost is a JCM800 copy.

His website said that one would be in that book... but then again, it should be easy enough to design a gp1000-like preamp. Three stages, then cathode follower, then tonestack. Tweak values to your preference and voilà.
Yep, and thats the hardest part.

Yeah, in the 88 versions the DI is removed, so that extra triode could be used. I dont believe that the tonestack has changed from position.

Yep, and thats the hardest part.

Software is there to help! :D

You have the tone stack calculator already? It's pretty handy.

As for the rest of the circuit... well, it's mostly trial and error, but some rules of thumb can be applied.

Software is there to help! :D

You have the tone stack calculator already? It's pretty handy.

As for the rest of the circuit... well, it's mostly trial and error, but some rules of thumb can be applied.

Yeah, i had the Ducan Tone Stack calculator (or something similar). I should install it again.

The values of the 88 tonestack are .1µF for the mid and the bass cap a .2µF. The 87 values: .047 mid and .1µF for the bass.