Guitar Player's Thread

Have you tested these two LTDs?
http://www.thomann.de/fi/esp_ltd_mh1000_qm_dbsb.htm
and
http://www.thomann.de/fi/esp_ltd_ec1000_bk.htm

What you think about those Duncans are they as good as EMG 81/60 set..?

Cant choose MH1000, EC1000 or Jackson Kevin Bond Rhoads! Which one to buy? God dammit this is too hard! Which one you recommend to buy?

Please help me...

It's up to you! I'd choose the EMG version just because i love EMGs. Both really nice guitars and i can't help you. Which one you prefer shapewise? because qualitywise they both pwn.

Also, the Jackson is nice but i suspect the LTD's might be a little bit nicer and more versatile.

Yeah, i had the Ducan Tone Stack calculator (or something similar). I should install it again.

The values of the 88 tonestack are .1µF for the mid and the bass cap a .2µF. The 87 values: .047 mid and .1µF for the bass.

Just tried it, it gets pretty responsive... unfortunately, like all FMV tone stacks... mid scooping :(

Thanks you guise, I really appreciate it!

Also thanks for the average cost for the gp1k!

If i'm getting a gp1k, it's gonna be the marshall mod, i'm also gonna get a cab, TU-2, som overdrive/booster pedals and possibly use my V amp for effects.

But this was my plan for my live setup, i'm not currently playing live alot. Tho i have 4 upcoming gigs!

Would be awesome to get that early alexi'ish kind of tone and mic it and use it in recording!

What kind of style does your band play? And damn, I really miss playing live :erk: I have to push the new members hard so they learn the stuff soon and we can start playing gigs again :lol:

for those who haven't heard my band's song Epigraphs, you can check it on our myspace.
and we just finished writing the album :headbang:

http://www.myspace.com/djdeepthroatandassociate

:kickass: That's some nice music you have in there. What are you going to do with the album now that it's fully recorded?

The Kevin Bond is a flying V. End of discussion.

Seriously, imo its the best looking guitar out of that 3. And the quality is great, i played one and it plays awesome.

No doubt that it's badass but we are all different players and for all we know Shot in the dark might want more versatility :) Which quite frankly the Kevin Bond RR does not posess in any larger scale than a RR24.

No doubt that it's badass but we are all different players and for all we know Shot in the dark might want more versatility :) Which quite frankly the Kevin Bond RR does not posess in any larger scale than a RR24.
Agree!

But ... why not get the best of both worlds and buy a second hand RR1 or RR professional?

COCOB: mah band plays like... metal.. growl vocals.. thrashy melodic ish. think AYDY but moar awesome.

Also!!!!

Package from Thomann arrived today:kickass:!!! FUCK YEAH MAH UKULELE RULES

Also getting the Blackout Metal 2-AHB dropped in my Stars tomorrow:kickass:

Here is a Marty Friedman lesson from Guitar World ('98) which has been released recently:

It might be a bit more interesting than diatonical alternate picking over and over (sorry Pablo ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
^Thanks man! Loading/downloading atm :lol:

Agree!

But ... why not get the best of both worlds and buy a second hand RR1 or RR professional?

That'd be awesum, I'd like to do that too but I'm a bit unsure about it cos you depend totally on the seller. If he's a motherfucking liar you may end up with a box full of mags. Yeah, having someone around me that works in postal service is no good for this things, I get to hear too much weird stuff :erk:

COCOB: mah band plays like... metal.. growl vocals.. thrashy melodic ish. think AYDY but moar awesome.

Also!!!!

Package from Thomann arrived today:kickass:!!! FUCK YEAH MAH UKULELE RULES

Also getting the Blackout Metal 2-AHB dropped in my Stars tomorrow:kickass:

:lol: That's what they call a definition. Is there a chance that you could record at home some sort of sample of one of your songs? I'm kind of interested on what you do, it's always cool to hear what other non-professional bands do :kickass:

Oh and congrats on the metal ukelele man :kickass:

JUst tuned my Ibanez to E standard with a set of drop D strings by "Skull Strings". I wonder if the truss rod would need adjustement since its like 10-52 strings. .10 .13 .17 .26 .36 .52 (It plays great which i don't think a guitar with a too tense/loose truss rod would do) So i dunno...It's basically onle the E string that is a bit thicker. Well anyways...you guys got any awesome yet not so hard solo suggestions for me?:) (In E standard)

Dream Theater - Forsaken: There are two not exactly solos but arpegios that are quite cool to play. 2nd one is trickier and leads to the actual solo. They're nice to play. I know Dream Theater sounds kinda menacing, but the first one is really not difficult. The 2nd is harder, but the first one is easy and quite cool IMO. And you could try the intro of Paul Gilbert's The Gargoyle from SDFBADR, it's a bit tricky specially the second part, but it's real fun to play and all that.

1st: 1:21-1:28
2nd: 2:41-2:50

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy from the Racer X forum. Seriously, watch this!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xW-PRZfnC0&feature=channel_page[/ame]

A variety of PGM's, mostly the 500 through and ENGL Powerball, on the low gain channel, without any boost.