Guitar Player's Thread

Dream Theater - Forsaken: There are two not exactly solos but arpegios that are quite cool to play. 2nd one is trickier and leads to the actual solo. They're nice to play. I know Dream Theater sounds kinda menacing, but the first one is really not difficult. The 2nd is harder, but the first one is easy and quite cool IMO. And you could try the intro of Paul Gilbert's The Gargoyle from SDFBADR, it's a bit tricky specially the second part, but it's real fun to play and all that.

1st: 1:21-1:28
2nd: 2:41-2:50

Forsaken

Awesome, I'll have a go. Dream Theater are amazing!

Testament - Over The Wall. :) Amazing solo.
I'll try, thanks!
A guy from the Racer X forum. Seriously, watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xW-PRZfnC0&feature=channel_page

Woah! That's some super hot playing.

Remy's great, but I hope he doesn't use my tabs and then bullshit saying he figured it out himself. I know he did the NC arps himself, but there's only one video of Paul playing the Street Lethal intro and that's live at the Roxy with Racer X in 1986. Same with the new Scarified arps.

If not, then good job, since they're all correct, note wise and positioning wise and most importantly, played well.

@Inhe: Great video, that guy plays great, but damn some of those riffs are fucking hard, like f.e. the last one looks like something I'll never be able to play :lol:

Engl Powerball? Nice :D

So I guess the Marshall thing was a wild thing and you're not thinking of getting rid of it soon, right? :( :lol:

Awesome, I'll have a go. Dream Theater are amazing!

:kickass: I tried it some time ago and it's a nice short one but it's actually tricky to nail and make it sound clean and cool, so i think you'll enjoy it.

Steve has been clearing out the garage and it's time for a winter sale.

Among the goodies up for grabs is a Jem777VDY - used both live and in the studio, this yellow Jem was given to an assistant of Steve's a few years back. In recent times this guitar came back into Steve's possession, and we now make it available for you. We are open to serious offers on this guitar ahead of it appearing on Ebay. Email us at talk2us[at]vai.com with offers or inquiries.

Also up for grabs are a set of DiMarzio prototype pickups, Jem necks, used pedals, straps, amps and more!

Check back in the coming days for a list of gear and photos.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_egvxlDnBl...BBI/8lvHrl2fa94/s1600-h/skyscraperJEM_LRG.jpg

It's up to you! I'd choose the EMG version just because i love EMGs. Both really nice guitars and i can't help you. Which one you prefer shapewise? because qualitywise they both pwn.

Also, the Jackson is nice but i suspect the LTD's might be a little bit nicer and more versatile.

For the shape I prefer maybe strato more that V... But I am not saying that V is bad shape its pretty badass. Atm I am playing M series guitar so maybe strato shape would feel most comfortable.

Have to think which one to buy...

Does anyone one know of what material the luminous inlay and pinstripes on this guitar are made of? It's supposed to be glow in the dark.

200.jpg

Here you go, because it was not easy to find:

- UX-1 has one MicIn, UX-2 has two
- UX-1 has one LineIn, UX-2 has two

other advantages:
- UX-2 has a digital S/PDIF output (I never used it)
- the headphone-output of the UX-2 has a separate volume poti
- the UX-2 has to VU-Meters so that you can directly see the clipping
- the UX-2 has inputs for a footswitch, so that you can send orders like punchin/out
- the UX-2 has Phantompower (I think the UX-1 doesn't)