Guitar Player's Thread

Good Choice!

I bought the UX2 for the phantom power and 2 mic inputs.

Its cool if you want to stereo mic things, or I have a shitty Behringer mixing board and the two inputs are good If I want to record a band rehearsal or something, mic up everyone into the mixing board and then take the two stereo XLR out signals into the two inputs on the tone port.

Pod Farm seems like it would be cool, you can run your guitar through two amps at once.
I heard that it sounds really awesome if you run two of the exact same amps but the second one though a bass cab.
Depends on your needs. It sounds crazy, but alone the seperate volume knob for the headphone is worth the money. I use it often and I would freak out if I had to turn the volume down in the PC with my mouse.

Plus, that what Lowberg said. If you want to record an acoustic guitar for example, using two mics is really useful. Or if you go Singer/Songwriter in the future, you can record singing and playing at the same time. Or if you want to record an amp with two mics.

So, subjective.
Mm, hooking up with a mixing board is a great idea. I can have access to a shitload of mixing boards and mic's so i might do that.
I can fix a volume knob for my headphone so that wont be necessary.
Recording my amp with the pod sounds awesome ... but i'm wondering if i would actually do that.

But i mainly want to use it to hook it up with my pc so i can play at low volume through my stereoset AND with a decent tone. And so my girlfriend can sing along and we can record covers together.

Or do you guys have a other suggestion for this?

Pђoenix;8002088 said:
So my latest haul. :D I decided to jump on the toneport wagon :p.

DSC00239.jpg

You're going to enjoy it :kickass: Congrats!

ALSO

JUST INSTALLED THE SAHB-2 BLACKOUT METAL PICKUP:kickass:

Recordings naow!

"Welcome to Burger King how may I help you?

Erm yeah I'll have the SAHB-2 Blackout Meal please."

:lol::lol::lol:

The SAHB-2B Blackout Metal pickup is.. I can't record anything since my PC is in for repairs, godfuckingdamnit:(

But I can tell you how it compares to my EMG HZ-3:

-The gain is a HUGE difference, so much more!! I have to lower the gain on GearBox ALOT.
-A little bit more low end
-I can't play on any clean patches:lol: It just sounds distorted:lol: I have to put the gain to zero!
-Looks better
-Empty booster hole:(

Yeah I will record when I get my PC back I promise!:kickass:

ALSO:

Tomorrow I have a gig with my friends band (he who has the ESP Scythe Alexi CS). The drummer left for his GF's band, which also is gonna play there, so we got the other guitarist on drums. I had a week (less than a week) to learn 2 songs. The prize is a shitload of money, and it's a 18+ venue (wow finally when I get into a 18+ venue it's me playing:lol:)

And 2 acts on a talent show in february, and my band is gonna play at a festival:kickass:

The SAHB-2B Blackout Metal pickup is.. I can't record anything since my PC is in for repairs, godfuckingdamnit:(

-The gain is a HUGE difference, so much more!! I have to lower the gain on GearBox ALOT.
-I can't play on any clean patches:lol: It just sounds distorted:lol: I have to put the gain to zero!
-Looks better
Dude, didnt the AHB-2 had a switch to choose the output level?

With the jumper removed, you have a high output bridge humbucker that’s still compatible with a neck pickup or the clean channel on your amp. However, with the jumper in place, you unleash all the raw power, incredible output, and untamed aggression. The pins can also be wired to a mini-switch or push/pull, for an on board boost!

You have an empty booster hole? Put the damn switch back in!

But it'll just become a useless switch:lol:!

Dude, didnt the AHB-2 had a switch to choose the output level?

With the jumper removed, you have a high output bridge humbucker that’s still compatible with a neck pickup or the clean channel on your amp. However, with the jumper in place, you unleash all the raw power, incredible output, and untamed aggression. The pins can also be wired to a mini-switch or push/pull, for an on board boost!

Yeah, there is these 2 pins, and a "hat" you put on them to max the output. I guess you could wire a switch to them.

But I don't have a switch to use. The EMG PA-2 switch is... I can't take it off. I guess i'll have to buy one and wire it.

:)

But it'll just become a useless switch:lol:!

Yeah, there is these 2 pins, and a "hat" you put on them to max the output. I guess you could wire a switch to them.

But I don't have a switch to use. The EMG PA-2 switch is... I can't take it off. I guess i'll have to buy one and wire it.

:)

Why is your switch useless? I have an ahb-1 AND a MM-04 - which I also use for most of my recordings.

Why is your switch useless? I have an ahb-1 AND a MM-04 - which I also use for most of my recordings.

Because the PA-2 isn't the MM-04 with an EQ. And the blackout has plenty, plenty of gain.

You buy this (SPDT switch, or on-on switch):
TOGGLE%20SWITCH%20SPDT%20TO61-384%20BLUE.jpg

For 2 euro's.

And then you remove the jumper (hat) and wire it like this:
Yeah, that square is a pickup.
ahb2lw0.png

Thanks man! I knew it was wired something like that, although.. I did go to electrician school for 2 months:lol::lol:

But.. I want the style of the switch as I had it.

like this: http://www.thomann.de/gb/goeldo_el013_minischalter.htm

In black, or nickel. I dunno if that one is an on-off switch like I need. Know of any switches in that style in black/nickel?

^Awesum! But ''janne and alexi''??? :lol:

-Looks better

Yeah I will record when I get my PC back I promise!:kickass:

ALSO:

Tomorrow I have a gig with my friends band (he who has the ESP Scythe Alexi CS). The drummer left for his GF's band, which also is gonna play there, so we got the other guitarist on drums. I had a week (less than a week) to learn 2 songs. The prize is a shitload of money, and it's a 18+ venue (wow finally when I get into a 18+ venue it's me playing:lol:)

And 2 acts on a talent show in february, and my band is gonna play at a festival:kickass:

Congrats on the gigs, try to get some vids and good luck, you're going to ahve a blast :kickass:

Put a self-destruct button in the empty hole.

Go!

^Awesum! But ''janne and alexi''??? :lol:

Yeah:lol:.. I named my guitar Janne. After a friend I know, not the keyboardplayer in COB.

And Alexi is... the other guitar!

Congrats on the gigs, try to get some vids and good luck, you're going to ahve a blast :kickass:

The news is actually gonna film it:D I hope they can send me the film, but i've heard they're nazis and charge you for it. They're also gonna (maybe) film us practising at the rehearsal room tomorrow.

Yay i'm going on TV, I get to gig, I get to win insane amounts of money and I get to test out my Blackout live!!:kickass:

BUT ANYWHOO ima get a friend to film, hopefully!:kickass: