Guitar Player's Thread

prs_se_allender.jpg

im contemplating getting this for a backup guitar and i need a nice guitar like that for jazz and shit

actually i don't like humbuckers that much (well, my ibanez shouldn't have a single coil instead of the humbucker though:lol:) and prefer single coils but for jazz and when it comes to Archtops humbuckers are waaaay better to get a jazzy sound.
my dot sounds like a single coil guitar though -.-

dude that sounds awesome. I'm glad you enjoyed it. was this your first time playing live? I'd be sooo damn nervous if I had to be on stage and playing in front of a shit load of people.

Yeah it was fun, my left leg was on a monitor, and my other leg was shaking and unstabile as hell:lol: We did all sorts of funny shit on stage, like playing next to eachother, and with 2 RR type guitars is looks awesome! I tried to move around and not stand there like a vegetable:lol:

Not my first time playing live, but first time playing in a professional venue with a metal band. Sound was just great, everything was so pro, and we had pro guitars, it was so awesome.

yeah you get nervous as shit:lol: But try to have fun, and move around that is the most important part! Oh and don't practise with your band for 4 hours in total before the gig:lol:

and wtf is this tl;dr I see everyone posting?

see this:

"too long;didn't read"

For those of you n a band how do you introduce your music to your bandmates?

"Hey check out what I made. We should use this shit, since you write everything anyways."

okay, quick question. I've been playing guitar since i was six and im currently 17, i play in a band thats like....blackened deathmetal-ish. For almos two years i've been playing a BC Rich Jr. V, floyd rose, neck through, all that good stuff, it of couse came with stock pickups, about one year after i got it, i upgraded the brigde pickup to a Di'mazario D-activator. Okay the questions is.........What in the opinion of all you guys would be a better choice right now, continue working on suping up my current guitar or try to find a new guitar which comes already equipped with the top of the line hardware i plan to install????

okay, quick question. I've been playing guitar since i was six and im currently 17, i play in a band thats like....blackened deathmetal-ish. For almos two years i've been playing a BC Rich Jr. V, floyd rose, neck through, all that good stuff, it of couse came with stock pickups, about one year after i got it, i upgraded the brigde pickup to a Di'mazario D-activator. Okay the questions is.........What in the opinion of all you guys would be a better choice right now, continue working on suping up my current guitar or try to find a new guitar which comes already equipped with the top of the line hardware i plan to install????

I have had bad experiences with BC Rich's.

If the guitar feels good to play, and it's the sound of the pickups, change to another pickup. There isn't much more to change about the tone.

So if you got a good pickup and stil not satisfied, get a new guitar. Save up for a really good one.

EDIT: May I also add that most of your tone is from your playing, if you suck, even the best guitar will sound like shit. Also turning the EQ on the amp, and having the distortion at a reasonable level will help. If you know what you are doing.

if you want something for Jazz get something with a single coil pickup.
I think they're way better than humbuckers for clean sounds.

Depends on your choice of pickups more than single coil vs. humbucker. Most of you with humbuckers probably have high output designed for heavier styles. I would say the majority of Jazzers use humbuckers, but with a pick up designed for fuller, warmer, rounder tone.

No I wish it was my band.It's actually one of roope's side projects.

Ah ok, cool one!

oh and let me tell you about the gig and stuff!:)

I practised literally 4 hours with the band in total. When we got on stage .. and started the powerfull riffing I heard screams fucking everywhere! But maybe it wasn't so much compared to the others because you hear everything on stage.

3rd place: Creep Colony, a band that has been playing together forever, very famous, released some EP's. Black metal band but they changed to hard rock.

2nd place: the band of the drummer who left our band. guitarist had a low end ibanez with a digitech death metal pedal, which sucked. fat weaboo girl singer (which actually was semi good), girl bassist with bass way way too low.

1st place: a bunch of 25 year olds, how fair is that?

The money price was like.. you have to get stuff, then send the bill to them, so they know you arent wasting it:lol:

shit sucks we didn't win, but we are going on the news! Then i'm gonna mix a youtube vid, and ofc post it here:)

It was the greatest feeling being on stage, hearing screams everywhere and people headbanging! I shat brix! The lady that filmed for the news hurried to take out the camera when she saw me, and filmed me alot:cool:

TL;DR i played a gig, we lost, im going on the news, shit was cash

Looks like you had fun, good for you man! But I don't get it: you can buy stuff and then they pay for it too? If so, WOW!

:erk: I really do miss playing live :cry: I have to kick my bandmates asses and make them learn the songs quick so we can go to play live again.

dude that sounds awesome. I'm glad you enjoyed it. was this your first time playing live? I'd be sooo damn nervous if I had to be on stage and playing in front of a shit load of people.

Never played live? Do try to find a band or whatever, it's the best thing in the world (or at least to me), it's lots of fun to be onstage :kickass:

For those of you n a band how do you introduce your music to your bandmates?

''Hey guys, check this out, this is our new song'', ''Hey guys, I came up with this riff, how do you like it?'', etc... I have to say that I'm a bit nazi when it comes to writing, so if I don't get a really strong negative from all the other members together then the riff/song stays, but well, someone has to have that kind of lead sometimes, or shit gets too difficult to work on.

Yeah it was fun, my left leg was on a monitor, and my other leg was shaking and unstabile as hell:lol: We did all sorts of funny shit on stage, like playing next to eachother, and with 2 RR type guitars is looks awesome! I tried to move around and not stand there like a vegetable:lol:

Not my first time playing live, but first time playing in a professional venue with a metal band. Sound was just great, everything was so pro, and we had pro guitars, it was so awesome.

yeah you get nervous as shit:lol: But try to have fun, and move around that is the most important part! Oh and don't practise with your band for 4 hours in total before the gig:lol:

Do take this into account and remember it, cos it's the worst thing you can do :lol: I once did it and then I was so fucking tired during the actual gig and the singer could barely sing anymore :lol: Luckily the drummer managed to keep things in time even though he was quite tired too.

Looks like you had fun, good for you man! But I don't get it: you can buy stuff and then they pay for it too? If so, WOW!

yeah was fun!

The money prize was that.. you can buy musical equipment for you to progress in music, and you send the bill to them.

:erk: I really do miss playing live :cry: I have to kick my bandmates asses and make them learn the songs quick so we can go to play live again.

DO IT:kickass:

Do take this into account and remember it, cos it's the worst thing you can do :lol: I once did it and then I was so fucking tired during the actual gig and the singer could barely sing anymore :lol: Luckily the drummer managed to keep things in time even though he was quite tired too.

Well.. I didn't mean it that way, but that's true too:lol:

I meant, over a span of 2 days, we practised 3 hours one day, and one hour the day we had the gig.

What I mean is: I practised literally 4 hours in TOTAL with that band, never played with em before:lol:

vid coming up in a while! but its from rehearsal, and random shit.

vid of gig.. well.. ima tape the news when it comes on and post that in a separate vid

Ok now how do you piece a whole song together with your band mates?

assuming you mean how to write a song with your band, try a pretty simple way by naming riffs, and take a sheet of paper and a pen, and just write the names of hte riffs nad how many times you repeat them, etc

as like:

Intro
Verse riff x4
triplets x2
bridge
Chorus riff x2
Chorus Riff2 x2
verse riff x2
verse riff variation x2
drumfill
chorus riff with solos over x4
verse riff x4
Chorus riff x2
chorus riff x2
bridge
outro

or somethign like that, just an example
name them "dickbutt" or "john" or "tremendous overbite" so you'll instantly know which riffs you talk about.

IF this wasnt what you meant, then disregard this post massively

Yes that is what I meant.And do you guys ever write down the musical notation like sheet music and show it to your band?

yeah well i tend to do that, in a sence, tablature form notation. since we're just 2 persons in my band, its pretty easy to throw GP tabs at eachother and just fill in, and send it back for feedback, its an ok way to write. Usually i bring printed GP sheets to show certain parts for him to play at practices and such, it works well i'll say. I imagine GP to be pretty good for this, if you have one of those tremendously nazi Keyboardists, it has a nifty notation field for normal notes, so he/she can be updated to whats actually going on. Makes it pretty easy imo