Guitar Player's Thread

Good Choice!

I bought the UX2 for the phantom power and 2 mic inputs.

Its cool if you want to stereo mic things, or I have a shitty Behringer mixing board and the two inputs are good If I want to record a band rehearsal or something, mic up everyone into the mixing board and then take the two stereo XLR out signals into the two inputs on the tone port.

Pod Farm seems like it would be cool, you can run your guitar through two amps at once.
I heard that it sounds really awesome if you run two of the exact same amps but the second one though a bass cab.

Here you go, because it was not easy to find:

- UX-1 has one MicIn, UX-2 has two
- UX-1 has one LineIn, UX-2 has two

other advantages:
- UX-2 has a digital S/PDIF output (I never used it)
- the headphone-output of the UX-2 has a separate volume poti
- the UX-2 has to VU-Meters so that you can directly see the clipping
- the UX-2 has inputs for a footswitch, so that you can send orders like punchin/out
- the UX-2 has Phantompower (I think the UX-1 doesn't)
I know the difference's. But would be a useful option? I can't imagine to use one of those things ...

Depends on your needs. It sounds crazy, but alone the seperate volume knob for the headphone is worth the money. I use it often and I would freak out if I had to turn the volume down in the PC with my mouse.

Plus, that what Lowberg said. If you want to record an acoustic guitar for example, using two mics is really useful. Or if you go Singer/Songwriter in the future, you can record singing and playing at the same time. Or if you want to record an amp with two mics.

So, subjective.

GX: If you want guitar/bass ONLY.
UX1: If you want guitar/bass and one vocal. Withouth phantom power. Phantom power is used in these funky looking condenser mics, I believe.
UX2: If you wanna record bass, guitar, and 2 vocal track.

Luckily for me I have a volume knob on my headphones, and everything I hear on the computer + the guitar comes out of my UX1.

ALSO

JUST INSTALLED THE SAHB-2 BLACKOUT METAL PICKUP:kickass:

Just for the record:

Pod Farm is great. The only thing i don't like about it is that the user presets are not as easily accessable quickly as on Gearbox. Still fucking great and much clearer to use and see what kinds of pedals and FX you are using.

Twisha, I'm not really sure why you are getting that message. I usually use it on ASIO Multimedia Driver because I get too many glitches and pops when I use the ASIO Line6 UX2 setting. Although the ASIO Line6 setting has a much lower latency, it only really matters if you are monitoring your guitar live-sound through cubase. If you monitor your guitar through say Gearbox, gearbox has such a low monitoring latency that you can use that to monitor. Meaning that when you are playing through your computer and are hearing yourself play in real time, you are hearing it through gearbox and not through cubase, which most people do unless you are using effects in cubase that you want to hear in real-time while you play.

But having said that, that doesn't fix the problem of your ASIO Line6 PodXT function not working. I dont really know what the "channels 0/0" is referring to though. Assuming it was working in the past, I would first try re-installing your line 6 drivers. My UX2 was fucking up a while ago and glitching like crazy and I re-installed the drivers and it worked after that.

Let me know if the driver re-install works or not!

on another note, holy balls i'm not used to waking up at 7am
I don't even have gearbox...so I have no clue what you are talking about in the first part, haha. When I play/record my guitar while the pod is connected to my comp, I hear everything thru the headphones (which is connected to the pod). And then when I play back tracks that I've recorded on cubase, everything is heard thru the headphones on my pod. If I were to use the ASIO Multimedia Driver, like you say you do, I wouldn't be able to record thru my pod. that's why I always need to set it to the Pod when I open cubase.

I was reading on the line 6 forum and re-installing the driver is not recommended for some reason...they said only do that as a last resort. And it's weird because I don't ALWAYS get this message. it's like 30% the time cubase works and it recognizes the pod, and the other 70% of the time it gives me this message. Although I did just update the driver (I hadn't checked the line6 monkey in a loong time) so maybe that will fix the problem. I'll let you know if it does.

but thanks for the info!

Isn't the pod just not a plug-and-play thing? As in, its supposed to be plugged in when your PC starts up?

Even when I do plug into the comp when starting it, this message shows up :erk:. Although sometimes it works...which is what is so weird.

Anybody here listen to freak kitchen?
89e642c403d4465f26d1850f18a4cc5d.jpg

A guy from the Racer X forum. Seriously, watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xW-PRZfnC0&feature=channel_page

I love the riff to Gone Too Far, one of my favs to play. The new Scarified lick sounds cool!

I don't even have gearbox...

You can download it for free from the line6 website.

I don't know why you are getting that device error message though. I only get those when I try to use impulses, so I quit that. Since you are playing straight though the pod and the speakers monitors I don't know what the problem is :(

is gear box any good?

by speaker's monitors you mean thru the pod headphones right?

(and I was thinking...maybe it has something to do with the fact that I downloaded cubase?)

Gearbox is just the amp-modeling software, it's fine.

You know how you plug your headphones into the pod? You can use external computer speakers (or monitors) and plug the jack into the pod like you would with headphones. That way there is zero latency.

Maybe it's Cubase. I installed it but never used it. To be honest, you don't really need more than Reaper (I use this) or Cool Edit Pro (this being the most straight-forward DAW I've tried).

ah, I see. then I don't think there's any point of me getting gearbox. I downloaded Reaper also, but I'm so used to cubase, I just stick with it. I guess I should explore Reaper a bit more when I have more time.