Guitar Player's Thread

I don't know much about music theory but how do you make up your own songs/solo's?

It's all about what sounds good to you and usually based around certain licks that you like to play alot.

Check out Alexi's early solos, lots of sweeped arpeggios. Check out his later stuff, lots of aggressive vibrato and Zakk Wylde type stuff. Check out Kill Em All, Hammett uses lots of the same fast pentatonic blues licks in the same key that the song is in.

It's all about YOU, what YOU like to play, and then when it comes to writing, stick with what you think sounds best, not what's the most impressive or something.

And on the subject of solos, I decided what I'm playing in that song I was mentioning earlier. Here's a rough recording of what I'm hoping it'll sound like. :p

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jore1u

That sounds awesome! Fits really well. I haven't listened to that much Sinergy lately, so i can't remember which song that solo is from, which one is it?

It's all about what sounds good to you and usually based around certain licks that you like to play alot.

Check out Alexi's early solos, lots of sweeped arpeggios. Check out his later stuff, lots of aggressive vibrato and Zakk Wylde type stuff. Check out Kill Em All, Hammett uses lots of the same fast pentatonic blues licks in the same key that the song is in.

It's all about YOU, what YOU like to play, and then when it comes to writing, stick with what you think sounds best, not what's the most impressive or something.

And on the subject of solos, I decided what I'm playing in that song I was mentioning earlier. Here's a rough recording of what I'm hoping it'll sound like. :p

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jore1u
Is there anything more to song making,I find making riffs is hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://rapidshare.com/files/97731750/Hostelbounce2.mp3

I recorded this some days ago.. its not finished.. everything but the guitars is midi.. and the guitars are not edited very good yet..

*BUMP*

And to get some attention this time:

TN_6.jpg

Let's see if this works :D

If you dont like Rapidshare, you can listen to it on myspace too:
http://myspace.com/navarismetal

listening

great song man, well done!
the guitars sound a bit dry though i would boost a lil bit the highs to make it more wide and sharp sounding
also the bass drum is bassy reduce from the 80 hz area and boos the 250hz with some hies as well to give it more triger sound and cutting thru sound

I just broke the strat input on the borrowed guitar:lol: :erk: But i found a extra input from my LTD i had before lying around which i got as spare part when there was a new input with the afterburner. Anyone know if there is any differences in a strat and LTD input? They look identical and im going to solder/install it onto the guitar tonight. Then i will charge 30€ of the person who hired me to fix the strat(Clean fretboard which was unbelievably dirty...i had to go clean my 2 tootbrushes every 4th-6th fret!,The strings had been on it for about a year or more? so i swapped em for brand new GHS 0.10 strings,the bridge springs had gotten so old the bridge was in a 40 percent angle!!...so i swapped those springs and put 5 instead of 3 because the tremolo is never used on it) I hope the new imput will work. It has only one difference...the thing that connects to cable is slightly more "modern" looking and a bit smaller. I reckon thats not really a difference because its surely the same material but it looks hella lot better than the strat input...looked really old and tarnished. No wonder i broke it:lol:

there won't be any fucking difference at all. if you wont tell him he will never know.

Thanks! I really needed to hear that. Well he cant blame me! The input was SO FUCKING DONE FOR!:erk: Actually it's my schools guitar...i get paid and everything for this small job. I worked on it for 2 hours yesterday(Fixing the bridge and cleaning frets)...today i put new strings on it which didn't take long at all! I might even put up video of me playing it. It's no high quality axe...just a mex strat. Okay guitar but i don't like the overall quality of them! :)

Thanks for confirming it won't have difference :D It has much better locking mechanism too than the old one.