Guitar Player's Thread

I hate to say it, but I've been getting a bit more into the deathcore type of music lately. And breakdowns are :headbang: for me right now, hahaha. So yeah dude, that was awesome. I especially liked the melodic harmony section at the end. If you guys are playing shows anytime soon, let me know. I'll drive down to OC to see you guys :)

Congratulations, looking good!

I have two new songs. Played one with my band and sounds awesome, the other one is cool too but I'm yet to learn it. Both are Frostbitten Blakk Mietol, lol. Sadly, my multieffects with the USB port broke so I can't record. Are there other ways to record? Can I plug directly into PC line-in to record (w/o an amp, passive instrument)?

I'm not sure about that, ask more experienced people, I just plug into Toneport and fap...errr I mean record :lol:

Fucking hell, showed my Randall RH50T to service. The guy is cheap and all but now I got a bill of 70€. Tubes cost 40 and 30 for the work. He also fixed my FX-Loop which was fried and one of the tube holders/heads was broken. He also biased my tubes...

Apparently I have been playing with a busted tube holder for long, causing it not to emit power. I wonder how it will sound when I get it back on Thursday :lol:

That's pretty fucking sick actually, nice one... But I have to say, are you guys not considering changing the name? Because DJ Deepthroat is pretty bollocks...

well we're just going with DJDT, and what it stands for is kinda up to you. but it may change down the road once the album is done

I have two new songs. Played one with my band and sounds awesome, the other one is cool too but I'm yet to learn it. Both are Frostbitten Blakk Mietol, lol. Sadly, my multieffects with the USB port broke so I can't record. Are there other ways to record? Can I plug directly into PC line-in to record (w/o an amp, passive instrument)?

Lol if you want shitty recording quality you can do that. The line inputs of you're computer are not adjusted for plugging your Guitar into it but it works. It just sounds shit and you got just the line signal which you can treat with some plugins and/or digitial amps (like guitar rig/gear and such shit) but it will still sound not as ''good''(I'm no fan of digital amps , I kinda hate them :p ) as a toneport for example.

Lol if you want shitty recording quality you can do that. The line inputs of you're computer are not adjusted for plugging your Guitar into it but it works. It just sounds shit and you got just the line signal which you can treat with some plugins and/or digitial amps (like guitar rig/gear and such shit) but it will still sound not as ''good''(I'm no fan of digital amps , I kinda hate them :p ) as a toneport for example.

Well, it's a violin, but I suppose it doesn't make much difference. Anyway, in this case I may just skip out on the album thing until September or so, which is probably the earliest I could get a new adapter for my multieffects.

for those who uses DAWs, which reverb/delay you use? and name me some good bass VST.

I just use the reverb/delay plugins that come with cubase, sometimes I use Waves RVerb.

I don't really know of any good bass vsts. But seriously, a $100 Chinese knock-off bass through a good bass amp modeling plugin like ampeg SVX is going to sound better than any vst instrument.

I would go with that option if you have the cash, plus you might find jamming on a bass fun too!

i was considering buy it, but since i'm not doing anything pro, so i'll stick with a VST

for those who uses DAWs, which reverb/delay you use? and name me some good bass VST.

I use the PSP reverb.

I don't really know of any good bass vsts. But seriously, a $100 Chinese knock-off bass through a good bass amp modeling plugin like ampeg SVX is going to sound better than any vst instrument.

This. or use a cheap acoustic bass with a good condenser mic like I do :p

I "use this" http://www.yohng.com/bass.html

Actually i use a SX Jazz Bass, but this kid wanted me to do a mix of his project and insisted on using this VST for bass, its OK but i wouldnt use it on any of my own recordings.

Load it as a VSTi and place a simulated amp behind it on the chain and you've pretty much got the setup I worked with.

Nothing spectacular

Dude, it sucks to admit it. But raves are pretty damn fun. Even if you don't like doing a bunch of drugs. =O

You know raves pretty much don't exist any more right? I mean, if there actually are illegal raves set up in abandoned property where you are then that's great. But I'm getting sick of people using the work "rave" just to describe going clubbing.

You know raves pretty much don't exist any more right? I mean, if there actually are illegal raves set up in abandoned property where you are then that's great. But I'm getting sick of people using the work "rave" just to describe going clubbing.

And I'm sick of people referring to a magazine as a "clip", because they think games = good firearms knowledge.

Protip: no one gives a fuck

I think that's the difference between the USA and the UK when it comes to using the term rave. In Europe it mostly refers to those illegal parties only as where in the US it also refers to general dance music parties.