Guitar Player's Thread

More people looking for constructive criticism on COBOT. They never learn *sigh*

So, how long until a shitstorm this time around?

Cmon Swabsss, you're not even trying.

Demonite, I guess you missed the recent surge of "plz rate mah band" threads on COBOT and the hilarity associated with it.

Anyhow, I listened to the Innocence song, works fine as traditional trve kvlt BM I guess. I can't say I care much for the guitar tone, I usually like something with a bit more base and a bit less distortion. When two guitars are playing in unison, the whole thing could be more precise. Biggest suggestion would be coming up with more interesting, more inventive riffs and switches. I liked the regular time to triplet switch, but IMO needs MOAR of that. Good stuff though.

As for the other band... Well, if it's just for fun then good. Outside the opinion that it's extremely generic, I can't say much.

this is going to sound extremely dumb, but... Do you mean what guitar/amps/strings/etc I use?

@Demonite: Blowing my dick off might be hard, because I don't have one. :goggle:

I meant that, but I was talking to Demonite dude

edit: lol

But I play Schecter and Ibanez. I have a c7 blackjack and an Ibanez S7320
I just use line 6 equipment for my sounds studio or live. Namely Gearbox and my Spider IV. I hae always been a firm believer that the way you play is more important than your tone. I mean a good tone is great, but if you're not playing awesome then it's not any fun to listen to. I'd rather hear Stevie Ray Vaughn on an old shitty acoustic more than a 12 year old kid with a Les Paul and a vinage Marshall that their daddy bought them XD
Not much to say about my set up, I'm just all about economy and logical choices. I rather like Seymour Duncan pickups. The Jazz and SB something se that comes standard on the C7

Sweet gear, and that's an interesting viewpoint you got there.

More people looking for constructive criticism on COBOT. They never learn *sigh*

So, how long until a shitstorm this time around?

Incorrect. You never learn! He asked it in the right place, and in right manner. Not creating a new thread "OMGZ FUCKIGNRATE MY NEW BAND ITS FUCKING BRUTAL BREEBREE".

Yes. Swabs is a huge cunt but that's the way It's supposed to be. He keeps the balance on these boards.

You are the phagot though! :lol:

Now that I found a tiny reason to insult you.

DEMONITES BANDs:
That's some cool stuff. Enjoying it!

Cmon Swabsss, you're not even trying.

Demonite, I guess you missed the recent surge of "plz rate mah band" threads on COBOT and the hilarity associated with it.

Anyhow, I listened to the Innocence song, works fine as traditional trve kvlt BM I guess. I can't say I care much for the guitar tone, I usually like something with a bit more base and a bit less distortion. When two guitars are playing in unison, the whole thing could be more precise. Biggest suggestion would be coming up with more interesting, more inventive riffs and switches. I liked the regular time to triplet switch, but IMO needs MOAR of that.

Haha I suppose I did. Shit
Well anyways, thanks for that. We were actually gonna add to it, but we just didn't because we just enjoyed the simplicity of the song. If you like more switches like that, our new stuff is going to have a bit of tech death inspiration. It's always good to have critique.

What's up with the annoying autoplay thing on Shadows myspace? How do I turn that shit off?

Constructive:

I do not like the mixing and mastering too much. The vocals are too loud and "upfront" and the guitars sound way too small.

I mean, it's not so bad to have "minimalist" songs once in a while. As long as it isn't a CD of 10 songs like that ;) I know it's hard to write interesting songs with changing riffs that are longer than 2 minutes, lol. I usually get urges to change riffs quickly so it doesn't get boring, and then I run out of ideas, so the whole thing's short T__T.

Tech-death inspiration? Hmm, if the whole thing ends up being along the lines of death/black a'la Belphegor, it'd be pretty interesting. Would love to hear that!

------------------------------

phenom isn't trying very hard today either. What's wrong ppl, get a grip!

What's up with the annoying autoplay thing on Shadows myspace? How do I turn that shit off?

Scroll down to the comments section.

Fuck you, I just noticed. I thought automaticly it was some annoying script. Fucking annoying that people can do that via comments! Never seen this before. I hate myspace...

Anyway, Now that I hear the stuff...It's pretty awesome. I actually thought the song autoplaying was Shadows of Despair

It's probably a bot too. Which means It's just some faggot with a troll face sitting on some software adding 400 friends and 400 comments with that to promote their band through another bands myspace. Unbelievable.

I mean, it's not so bad to have "minimalist" songs once in a while. As long as it isn't a CD of 10 songs like that ;) I know it's hard to write interesting songs with changing riffs that are longer than 2 minutes, lol. I usually get urges to change riffs quickly so it doesn't get boring, and then I run out of ideas, so the whole thing's short T__T.

Tech-death inspiration? Hmm, if the whole thing ends up being along the lines of death/black a'la Belphegor, it'd be pretty interesting. Would love to hear that!
Connecting the parts is fucking impossible sometimes too. I write songs in pieces a lot idk, I write so many different kinds of riffs that I can't figure out what to do with them and in what context they work in.

Hmm, it will be more laid back than that because we are going to have depressive black metal parts and more anguished vox

Well, as long as the riffs are written around the same basic chords, the abrupt tempo change or stop then switch are valid ways to bridge stuff, too.

I usually like to write songs around 1-2 cool riff ideas, and then just develop them a bit to keep the whole thing on the move.

Well, w/e it turns out to be, post it when it's done!

Yeah that's a good way to think about it. I'm gonna go with that for a while and see what happens.
I can't wait to show people what we have come up with. We are all just big nerds really. Our writing process involves 4-5hrs of jamming and then lots of video games and philosophy talking haha

lol so did I.

And people who post that shit in comments are still assholes.

lololol, I'm one of those assholes :rofl:

I used to go around and post this on everyones pages that displayed comments so the moment you went to their page you would shit yourself

Last edited by a moderator: