Guitar Player's Thread

Agreed, that black and yellow Alexi looks pretty nice even though it says mahogany for the body wood. So does that Yngwie guitar and the JEM's.

^plus with chinese components you never know when they're gonna become completely unusable

The components can be replaced quite easily.

As I said it's an easy fix for a beginner that wants something that resembles his dream guitar and there are some people out there who haven't had a problem with them.

I also think they should use their own name on the headstock rather than copy the originals.

I prefer the real thing but I can afford it.

s

Guys....I need your opinion on amp heads.

1 year old Bugera 6262 head(120 watts) in perfect condition...has no issues and never has....$400.00

or

Brand new Blackstar HT-20 Head....$499.99 w/ $100.00 off coupon = 399.99

Any thoughts or suggestions? Besides telling me about Bugera QC issues... I already own one and never had a singel issue with it. Just looking for something with a little more balls than my current amp.

Guys....I need your opinion on amp heads.

1 year old Bugera 6262 head(120 watts) in perfect condition...has no issues and never has....$400.00

or

Brand new Blackstar HT-20 Head....$499.99 w/ $100.00 off coupon = 399.99

Any thoughts or suggestions? Besides telling me about Bugera QC issues... I already own one and never had a singel issue with it. Just looking for something with a little more balls than my current amp.

If you're not giging or anything, then go for Blackstar. I just like the tone more. Also Bugera is used... And You can get B-52 at-100 for like 600 $ which smokes bugera.

No, I don't gig, but I think 20 watts would be loud enough. My bugera V22 is loud enough to play with a drummer.

I have been leaning more towards the Blackstars, they are just pretty new and not sure about the build quality, then again it's that or Bugera, which has had its fair share of issues in the past.

Its just if I get the Blackstar I will have to order without trying first, which I hate to do. Played the Bugera before and I really like the tone, but 120 watts is ALOT. From what I have heard so far on youtube the blackstar does sound very good. Has the mid-rangy marshallness to it.

No, I don't gig, but I think 20 watts would be loud enough. My bugera V22 is loud enough to play with a drummer.

I have been leaning more towards the Blackstars, they are just pretty new and not sure about the build quality, then again it's that or Bugera, which has had its fair share of issues in the past.

Its just if I get the Blackstar I will have to order without trying first, which I hate to do. Played the Bugera before and I really like the tone, but 120 watts is ALOT. From what I have heard so far on youtube the blackstar does sound very good. Has the mid-rangy marshallness to it.

it's designed by marshall engineers, You can't go wrong with it.

Blackstar is pretty fucking epic, if you haven't check out Rob Chappers on youtube, I think he did a review on the HT5? or something.

Again i'm not very experienced with the Blackstar models, but I hear they love booster pedals, so make sure to get one.

Also if you haven't heard the Bugera's are often riddled with faults and will break down. Seem to be like that for some people.

I've a blackstar Ht 5(pretty much the same thing as the Ht 20..) and it's an awesome amp!(but,if you want a metal tone you need a tubescreamer)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aynUeOnDl60&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]