Guitar Player's Thread

^Aw man don't post Ola videos, that guy makes every amp sound good, you could give him a Marshall Microstack and he'd make it sound like a Dual Recto.

Yea, I was actually just watching some of the Rob Chappers videos. Amps sounds really good on youtube.

I have heard of the Bugera issues, but I have had mine almost 2 years now with 0 issues. But it still worries me with the higher gain models, as they were the ones with most of the issues.

Not a big fan of the ht-5 actually. It's basically the HT-Dual pedal built into an amp. It's not like a normal valve amp. More like a hybrid(valve/ss). Does sound good though, can't deny that.

I do have a boost pedal and eq pedal so I know shaping my tone won't be an issue. As long as there is a good tone to start with.

I think I am going to go to music shop on Sunday and order one. I talked to them on the phone and they said if I don't like it I can get a full refund. So won't hurt to try it out.

Plus I have been wanting an EL34 valved amp for some time, just all I have seen are 50 watt minimum. Makes me wonder how Blackstar is limiting them to 20 watts with 2 EL34 valves.

Altitudes inspired me to try and make an entry for the Gus G contest.

I fucked up on the last descending run but this is about as good as its going to get for me with 2 days practice haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Fanned frets, the lower strings have a longer scale than the top strings. Good for extended-range instruments when people want clarity on the low end, but pleasant looseness on the high end.

Looseness and playability. I have to say that at 28.625 inch scale, playing fast and well is muuuch more of a work-out. Dem stretches + tighter strings :zombie:

I've seen guitars in stores for like 40k though, most of them looked lame too

Yeah Guitar Centre in L.A. had old musty Fenders for up to $70k when I was last there.

The George Harrison tribute is limited to sixty, sure it's not one of their standard models tarted up with signature jewellery but I don't see how they can ask that kind of coin for a new guitar.

s

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I pulled the trigger on the Blackstar HT-20H this weekend. Should get it sometime this week. If it arrives in good shape and I can play it I will try to do a little review on it, for anyone who is interested.

If I am feeling real motivated I will also try to post some pics of it....not that those really matter.

Break down of Lowberg live faces:

"HAPPY RIFF TIME"

207025_10150157017872936_551052935_6476218_1278970_n.jpg

"Lowberg is a pretty cool guy, eh looks serious and doesn't afraid of anything"

217100_10150157016852936_551052935_6476191_7035221_n.jpg

HONSOLO TIME
218064_10150157018882936_551052935_6476239_7653836_n.jpg

These pics were actually taken by a forum member i think. I think her name was sockpuppet on here, idk if she still posts here

Hello,
I need some advice for new amps+effects.
I love the Hatebreeder sound, so i aim to something similar. I won't get the Lee Jackson poweramps, i think that 20 years later you can obtain a good, similar distortion with other equipment. The other problem is that i am mostly a bedroom player, so i have to play at low volumes, and so no big amps, otherwise i don't have price limits, so i am open to suggestions.