Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden collaboration

Apr 14, 2010
Germany
number_of_the_beast_7_ironmaidenwallpaper.com.jpg

this is the official thread for people working on the song Hallowed Be Thy Name for our Iron Maiden collaboration.

the global thread can be found here:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/bar/825350-iron-maiden-collaboration.html

the current line-up is:

drums: Skyweaver
bass: Trevoire520
guitars: Skyweaver
solo: ?
vocals: ?

have fun!

I may take a stab at this if I have time but Skyweaver, that BPM is fucking super fast!!! Were you planning on doing it that quick? Slow it down at few BPM???

heya Stilllifer, I must of fucked up the speed at the fast bit - the midi is there if you need it dropped the BPM, I was figuring we'd just use the midi to get guitars inline as a template and then get the drummer to record

I thought according to the other thread Steven Otto was doing guitars?

great - Steve are you onboard ?

I was going to do rhythm guitars but I'm pretty busy with band stuff atm so if anyone else wants to do them more than me, go ahead :)

Yep! I can play the rhythm and harmonies of the song.
Although, I got a bit insecure after listening to previous tributes and collaborations because the level is so high. Most of you guys are pros and I'm not :loco:

I think it's a good idea of I record my parts and then you'll judge if it's good enough, right?

heya Stilllifer, I must of fucked up the speed at the fast bit - the midi is there if you need it dropped the BPM, I was figuring we'd just use the midi to get guitars inline as a template and then get the drummer to record

Hey man. I just listened again and the tempo seems fine... weird... I will load up the midi and check it out once and for all later tonight.

Yep! I can play the rhythm and harmonies of the song.
Although, I got a bit insecure after listening to previous tributes and collaborations because the level is so high. Most of you guys are pros and I'm not :loco:

I think it's a good idea of I record my parts and then you'll judge if it's good enough, right?

yep jump on it :) Learning a Maiden tune is what its all about, next step is nailing Necrophagist tunes :)

Awesome - will start working on the vocals once I get the rythmn tracks back :)

Sorry gang but I am hooped until Monday evening at the earliest to do any scratch tracks or anything... buried at work and not time to breathe... hopefully Steve Otto can chime in with some to get things rolling. :(

I'll record the rhythms tomorrow. Skyweaver, could you reupload the midi file? It seems the first halve of the song is a bit too fast. The tempo after 4:06 seems to be right. The duration of the original is 7:15 and this one is 6:53. I'd like to adjust the tempo :)