Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden collaboration

I started recording the guitars today.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8394538/hallowed be thy name2.mp3
Some feedback is greatly appreciated. I know there are some sloppy notes in there which I'll try to fix.

Heya Steve,

thanks for putting this up, some of notes need work, (but you know that) - the tone is cool and the majority is definitely useable with some edits - well done :)

can you put the whole track up and I can start work on the vocals asap

Decided I'm gonna retrack this with steel strings instead. I know the flats are what Steve plays but dammit even the year old steel strings I had on before sounded WAY better. Will get them done and edited over the weekend.
Steve how are you getting on with the rhythmn gtrs? Would be cool to have a stereo mp3 of them to play along to even if it's not the final takes.

Decided I'm gonna retrack this with steel strings instead. I know the flats are what Steve plays but dammit even the year old steel strings I had on before sounded WAY better. Will get them done and edited over the weekend.
Steve how are you getting on with the rhythmn gtrs? Would be cool to have a stereo mp3 of them to play along to even if it's not the final takes.

looking forward to hearing this !

I'm struggling finding drummer to do the drum work - does anyone have a drummer that can pull it off ?

Trevoire, I'll have the rhythm tracks uploaded tomorrow for you to play along. I Can't wait to hear the other instruments. The other Maiden songs sound already pretty killer.

yeah man, sorry it didn't turn out that way. can't you convince him to da a different song?:)
but hey, maybe we'll do another run of covers soon who knows.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8394538/hallowed be thy name guitar with drums.mp3

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8394538/hallowed be thy name guitar.mp3

Mind you these aren't my final takes. I have to redo some guitar parts
I realized I made a mistake with the tempo at 6:43. It's now 120BMP but I think it should be 106. The part where the tempo gradually slows down doesn't sound that great either. What should I do?

All coming together nicely Steve :)

Will have a fiddle with these today and see what I come up with.

I'm gonna advertise for a drummer to play along - if we're gonna do it, lets do it right :) even if I have to pay for him to play :)

.....I noticed it has my name against it but I really cant cut a Maiden solo

Dean, I always rated you better than me for a Maiden Solo! Was looking forward to what you would do. I may (probably couldn't do it well recorded, but live, a distant maybe, lol) be able to do a Davey solo for Aces High, but not for this one, haha. I am a rhythm guy at best for this one.

This kind of project really makes you appreciate the Maiden boys on their respective instruments. They have a feel/style that is very hard to replicate. They may not be as technical as Loomis for example, but their execution is second to none. IMO.

Maiden *HORNS*.

:headbang:

This kind of project really makes you appreciate the Maiden boys on their respective instruments. They have a feel/style that is very hard to replicate. They may not be as technical as Loomis for example, but their execution is second to none. IMO.
:headbang:

+1
maiden is not about technical prowess, at all. they're, at times, very messy players but every member has their own style which works. they're about songs and feel and that's why they will always win in my book.