Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden collaboration

Thanks man, nothing special going on in the chain really. Mexican Fender P Bass with a Duncan quarter pounder pickup. Brand new stainless steel strings, BSS AR133 DI into my Allen & Heath Zed R16.
For the processed track I added about 7dB shelving boost at 80hz and 12khz to bring out the top and bottom, and about 6db gain reduction on my DBX 160X in over easy mode (DBX is a great compressor for this style as it lets the percussive attack through)

For this kinda thing the majority of the tone is in using fresh strings and the way you hit the strings (check out colonel_claypoo's bass in The Clairvoyant thread, he has the Harris playing style NAILED!)

mate his is great, I'm gonna buy a DBX 160X next buy - did you use it while recording the bass ?

Thanks guys, I'll let you in on a secret, to be good at guitar, don't have a girlfriend for a few years :lol:

I'll do a little more work on them tonight and hopefully get all the notes in, some of those wah parts are almost impossible to hear the notes haha! If I get it down I'll record both solos tonight and then if someone else want's to play a solo they can choose which one. I won't be able to record anything thursday but it should be up friday at the latest.

This midi file contains the tempomap I (and trevoire) used during tracking
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8394538/hallowed be thy name_v2.mid

I've also tried to write it down.

Code:
  TEMPO    |      Time signature     |     Time (minutes:seconds)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 80 BMP                 0.0                   0:00 (start)
106 BMP                 21.1                  1:00 
216 BMP                 113.1                 4:28.3
120 BMP                 235.1                 6:43.846 
120 BMP                 240.2                 
gradually slows down to 80 bmp from the previous tempo (120bpm):                
 80 BMP                 242.2