harms way,volume 8.

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
what a fucking great song this is,has been a while since i heard it and its kicking my ass right now,maybe one of my fave bush songs!!!!

I remember reading that Scott really didn't like the song as they were writing/recording it. Then he came around.

Volume 8 was such a different album for them - tone wise, musically as well. Can't explain it - probably my least favourite album of there's but having said that I still love it :)

aliasp said:
Volume 8 was such a different album for them - tone wise, musically as well. Can't explain it - probably my least favourite album of there's but having said that I still love it :)

I couldn't agree more! Some great songs but..... but...... can't put my finger on it. Definately the album with most filler, in my opinion.

weird..i love volume 8, defo up there as one of my faves,i like the fact the album has so much variety on it, and isnt afraid to try new sounds, plusthe fold out sleeve is badass :)

and yeah, harms way is defo one of my fave songs off it, its a close run deal tho with catharsis, and stealing from a thief

Vol is still a good one, I listen to it rather frequently. What I want to know is, what kind of chips is John eating at the end of Harms Waty? Doritos, or chips and salsa!?

oh wait...... thats the only bit of the album i fucking HATE !!!

shit man people 'chamming' does my fucking head in........, instantly skip when it reaches that part, its an annoyed skip too :)

It's a great album.....cathersis, and the Toast to the Extra's(cowboy song!!!!) Inside out....and Born again idoit!!!!

Vol. 8 is a great album. I love the variety of styles on it. It's definitely in my top five Anthrax favourites. I love Harm's Way, Crush, Toast to the Extras, and Catharsis.

Best album...ever!!!!

Certainly right at the top of my list of all-time favorite albums. Crush, Catharsis, Inside Out, P&V...it just starts off kicking your ass, but then they change things up, but it works. The contrast is great, the variety and diversity very cool. I can put this album on at any time and in any mood, and listen to it from start to finish, and there are very few other albums that I can say that about.

Definitely one of Anthrax'x greatest albums,the mighty 'Volume 8' is packed with wonderful songs,crushing guitars & great melodies!

Talk about variety -- 'Toast to the Extras','Crush','Inside Out','Harms Way'....

Excellent,my favourite 'Thrax disc!

I really enjoy that album is the new uk edition with bonus tracks worth it is it remastered or should i just keep my original?

jdelpi said:
You know, you can put punctuation at the end of all your sentances, not just at the end of the paragraph.

really cool but that means more effort & when i wrote it i was knackered. You fancy answering my question?