harms way,volume 8.

Rise said:
really cool but that means more effort & when i wrote it i was knackered. You fancy answering my question?

If you're a big collector, go for it because the bonus tracks are really good. They also put "Pieces" on as a separate track instead of at the end of "Stealing From A Thief". I always liked the song, but it's annoying when it's attached to a totally different song.

As for the remastering, I didn't really notice a big difference.

If it was a 10 song album that didn't have P&V, Born Again Idiot, Alpha Male, and Killing Box on it, it would probably be one of their best ever. Those are the only songs in the history of listening to this band that I habitually skip past. The rest of the songs really soar. Big fucking choruses and big chord progressions. The live version of Inside Out on Music of Mass Destruction is insane. I always thought Crush was probably one of the most slammin songs they've ever done. I always thought this album suffered a little due to poor production quality though-----it's always a little hard to hear Bush and the Guitars are a little muddled.

Rozy157 said:
The live version of Inside Out on Music of Mass Destruction is insane.
I hope you mean insanely bad. great song dont get me wrong, but they butcher it by speeding up during the 1st verse (unintentionally ?) on MOMD.

All you really need is Catharsis. The rest of the record could be ALL dog biscuits and I would still love it just for that one song.

crunchcrunchcrunch

mrthrax said:
what a fucking great song this is,has been a while since i heard it and its kicking my ass right now,maybe one of my fave bush songs!!!!

Maybe not the most rockingest, but, indeed, my fave off of Vol 8. Love Big Fat too. :headbang:

aliasp said:
Volume 8 was such a different album for them - tone wise, musically as well. Can't explain it - probably my least favourite album of there's but having said that I still love it :)

I remember you (aliasp) used to blast that album out when we both worked for that little old' Internet company ....

ThraxSA said:
I remember you (aliasp) used to blast that album out when we both worked for that little old' Internet company ....

Ah the good ol days ... when we used to think up great ideas like this one - to promote our Quake server to our clients by putting a real corpse in the front sales counter room :)

Or we would discuss the many merits of family unity via listening to GWAR.

You gotta learn from that!

Some rather fucked up reviews! Vol 8 Rules. It's as heavy as a mother. The sound is so tight and crisp. I really don't know how any Anthrax fan can not like this effort. Standouts, Crush, Catharsis, Inside Out, Born Again Idiot, Killing Box, Hog Tied, Big Fat, Alpha Male & Stealing From A Thief. Man this album kicks major ass! It actually got me back into Anthrax in a big way.

Canucklehead said:
If you're a big collector, go for it because the bonus tracks are really good. They also put "Pieces" on as a separate track instead of at the end of "Stealing From A Thief". I always liked the song, but it's annoying when it's attached to a totally different song.

As for the remastering, I didn't really notice a big difference.
I thought it wasn't remastered. If it is, they probably did because of the change of labels.
I don't have it, but I have the bonus tracks, and I love them: Giving the Horns fucking rules, and Snap, and Phantom Lord should have been (sounds like it was from the Vol 8 sessions), but probably not because Metallica would have to get royalties.

It took me a while to get into Vol 8, but I fucking love it. Very groovy, very rhythm oriented. Awesome performance from John. Under-rated record. Like Walking Dead said, it also got me back into Anthrax, and I passed up seeing them in Prague in 1998 (kurva!) because I hadn't got back into them yet.

I like it...not their best album for sure, but it has a couple of great songs (Born again idiot, Harms way, Inside out). The ballad song as a bonus is called "Pieces", right? Definetly the most gay song from Bush era.

CAI said:
I like it...not their best album for sure, but it has a couple of great songs (Born again idiot, Harms way, Inside out). The ballad song as a bonus is called "Pieces", right? Definetly the most gay song from Bush era.
Nevermind that it's about the death of Frank's brother (right?) Anthony...

CAI said:
The ballad song as a bonus is called "Pieces", right? Definetly the most gay song from Bush era.

If you knew anything about the song you wouldn't even have an opinion of it, you'd simply respect it for what it is. The song is Frank pouring his heart out, and anyone that thinks they have any right to slam it should fuck off.

timmyc said:
If you knew anything about the song you wouldn't even have an opinion of it, you'd simply respect it for what it is. The song is Frank pouring his heart out, and anyone that thinks they have any right to slam it should fuck off.

I agree 100% It's actually a very beautiful song. Much respect goes out for doing something like that.