Have you LOVED Opeth for more than two years?

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I'm interested to know how many people get bored with Opeth after a couple of years.
I was a total fanboy when I first got into them, even thought of getting an Opeth tattoo.
But I see a constant change in the members on this forum. It seems to me like people get into Opeth, join this forum, are rabid fans - real hardcore, diehards - for a couple of years, then get bored and lose interest in both this forum and Opeth.

Am I wrong?
It's certainly been the case for me, and as a long time (but no longer "die-hard") fan, I've seen it happen from experience on this very forum.

well, i've been a hardcore fan for several years now, but the "die-hard" factor is like a rollercoaster... but, in times like this, when its time for a new release, the "die-hard" rollercoaster is certainly on its way up!! i think it will always be that way until they stop releasing albums.
Opeth will always be "one of those band" though, i will keep listening to them for the rest of my life..

I've been an Opeth fan for about 6 years now, 1st heard MR stuff and loved it and I was 12 then lol, and I think I will always like Opeth for MANY years to come.

But like every one I go through my phases where I can't stand listening to Opeth and the time were I can't stand NOT to.

Been 4 years since I first heard them.. I thought they sucked at that time..
But I think 'It grew on me' over time..
So, I consider them my fav band now..

Got into them about the time Deliverance came out.. they were my favorite band after about a year, GR came out and I began to lose faith in them, listened to all of their older stuff only. Watershed has gave faith to me once again.

[KOTNO]Narrot;7183704 said:
been a fan for quite a few years now. i think most people leave because they get upset with the board ...

Yeah, 10 people leave for everytime All Sins Undone says shit thread..

I was somewhat surprised when I started posting here again and saw that I had joined in December of 2003. That was shortly after I started getting into Opeth, which means it's been nearly five years. I had started with Deliverance and Damnation, then as I got into Blackwater Park and Still Life, I quickly realized Opeth was becoming one of my favorite bands. This was also just as I was really starting to get into metal in general. I LOVED Ghost Reveries, and still do (and am not totally sure what it is people don't like about it). I LOVE what I've heard of the new album.

There are bands that I've LOVED (and I don't use that term lightly) and then grew away from, but it wasn't over a couple of years. It was more like 10. As high as Opeth is on my list now (probably No. 2), it'll take some time and some really average albums (or an unexpected shift in my own taste) for me to become significantly less passionate about them. There are times when I don't listen to them much, sure. But that's the case with all of my favorite bands. When they come out with something new, I listen to it constantly for a month or two until I know every note. After that, I usually go back to listening to other stuff. But they still pop up fairly regularly for me.

Opeth has quite a bit of staying power. I can go a year without listening to an album or song, then go back and listen to it and find new things I had never heard. Not every band is like that. I think I'll be with Opeth for a while.

And who knows. Maybe not being on the forum for a while (and not hearing whatever criticisms people come up with) has allowed the music to stay fresher for me.

I've known them for 2.8 years (aprox hehe) and I'd say love them for 2.

Won't ever stop. I don't like metal as much these days but I love Opeth just as much. They're just Opeth... You can't not like opeth.:zombie:

6 Yrs for me

The release of a new album always rejuvenates my interest. Luckily, they release a lot of albums.

Can't imagine myself listening to these records in 30 yrs though, but who knows...

Opeth's been my favourite band for 9 years now, since the release of Still Life.

Im with you on that one!!

Yeah people come and go here, and I just mostly read what people have to say. And believe me sometimes people write like little children here (well maybe some are) but at times its nice to read a few good posts by some good old Opeth fans :kickass:

Opeth has been my favorite band since 2003. Nobody else even comes close. Damnation started me off and I've absolutely loved everything about Opeth since then. Opeth makes me happy in my pants. There's nothing gay about that is there?

Since 2005. Oh how I wish it was earlier.

My favorite band in existence. I don't see how it's possible for me to ever get tired of their music.

Yeah, 10 people leave for everytime All Sins Undone says shit thread..

shit post

anyways, to answer the question, I loved Opeth for a damn long time, used to spin either Still Life/Morningrise/BWP/MAYH everyday for a good 2 years. but since GR came out, I haven't listened to much of them. i still consider myself a fan, hopefully Watershed will rekindle it for me.

I used to be a hideously obsessed Opeth fan boy - my copy of still life became distorted, presumably from overheating from being so many times. I can't remember the year i started listening, but i heard them just before BWP was released.. My friend and i got really into them, through hearing their powertabs >< and then downloading some tracks.. Then he bought BWP, made me a copy.. And i just like, immediately bought my own copy of BWP, morningrise and MAYH.. Then still life. Still Life definitely was a life changing album for me.

I've been a fan of Opeth since late 2004 and I've left this board a few times because there just tends to be a lot of animosity between posters here. I've gotten used to it though, although I rarely ever post anymore because of it. I've never really gotten bored with Opeth, though.