Heaviest Song Ever!

Opinions of course...

Autopsy - Critical Madness
In Flames - Cloud Connected (shut up, that is a harsh guitar tone, fuck off)
Warhorse - Black Acid Prophecy
Nile - Ramses Bringer of War

And perhaps some of that new Meshuggah... although, it does sound drowned out...

But yeh...

Heavy? I would think that Black Sabbath would wins hands down....is there anything heavier than Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Sweat Leaf?

I guess it depends on how you define 'heavy'? :)

Does heavy mean slow also? I guess I would nominate Type O Negative's "White slavery" then or maybe the last part in their "Be my druidess". Their "Bloody kisses (a death in the family)" is also a good contender of their IMO.
How about Pantera's "Slaughtered"?
How about Soundgarden's "4th of July" (there's probably noone who's gonna agree with me here)?
I don't know. I don't listen to that much heavy stuff. I don't listen to that much metal and the stuff I listen to is mostly black or gothic stuff.

Originally posted by svenske kocken
There´s a difference between heavy and brutal. Like, Wind Of Horus with Nile, it´s more brutal than heavy. The new Meshuggah is heavy. Neurosis is heavy. Black Sabbath is heavy. Candlemass is heavy. Death metal isn´t heavy, it´s brutal.

That's what I thought. I'm not sure if's possible to surpass the heaviness of Black Sabbath if you subscribe to this definition....(especially considering the timeframe).

Originally posted by opacity
to me, Godgory's whole album Resurrection is one of the heaviest albums ever, the slower songs as well as the faster ones.

Dude, fuck yeah. That Godgory record is just thick and heavy from the word go. That guitar tone, along with Samael's Ceremony Of Opposites and Passage, is unparalleled.

I'd vote for Slayer's Angel Of Death and 'Tallica's Puppets.

Well if slower is heavy then i gots to nominate My Dying Bride's My Hope The Destroyer. Pretty slow, Pretty powerfull, Pretty heavy.

There tons of heavy songs out there. But I think the best heavy songs you can get is Megadeth songs. I've also just discovered how cool Judas Priest is. I don't have any of their albums yet, but songs like The Sentinel and Reckless always bring me dangerously close to breaking my neck.