High Quality Heir Apparent Video

guys, it doesn't matter whether a certain type of music is good or bad, music is music. its all a matter of taste.

i like it though :p

by the way, was anyone else thinking of katatonia's 12/black erotica at the end of the song?

Okay, Opeth. Enough is enough.

Ooh, he sings out of his mouth. Ooh, they use guitars and drums and amps. Look, you guys need to progress a little bit or shut up. This isn't impressing anyone anymore.

I love it. Reminds me more of their older stuff than much off GR, apart from the one or two simplistic chugging riffs.

Good call ufomagnet. I guess it makes sense since they are lugging all that stuff on to a boat; limited space and such. And I agree with you Sdob, the Laney clean channel goes far beyond the Marshall, wish I could afford to buy one haha. The song is pretty awesome in my opinion, especially the addition of the slide. I don't they Mikael uses slide in anything else does he? (Maybe Drapery) I'm not sure how I feel about Fredrik's solo, the style is so much different from Peter. Can't wait for the album!

So I just woke up, rolled a nice little joint, smoked it, and immediately decided to watch this video. This new line-up has so much more energy than with Lopez and Lindgren. The song Heir Apparent shows a beautiful transition for Opeth, a much more distinct progression than say from damnation/deliverance to Ghost Reveries. I can't wait to hear the new album, and if this is any indication of the quality of the songs on this new album, it may become my favorite.

So I just woke up, rolled a nice little joint, smoked it, and immediately decided to watch this video. This new line-up has so much more energy than with Lopez and Lindgren. The song Heir Apparent shows a beautiful transition for Opeth, a much more distinct progression than say from damnation/deliverance to Ghost Reveries. I can't wait to hear the new album, and if this is any indication of the quality of the songs on this new album, it may become my favorite.

I want some of what you're smoking...srsly.

I'm surprised some people here don't like the shitty quality one because its shitty. Makes it have a very black metal feel to it, hopefully the rest of the album is recorded just as shitty.

I am not a big fan of the 80's classic rock solo's in Heir Apparrent...and I sure hope that is not a forecast of what is to come. Peter had much better vibe and creativity as well as Lopez in pertaining to the kicks. But this is the new line up and one must deal with it or "move on."

:Smug:
I enjoyed the song but felt the solo was a step back....in time.

I am not a big fan of the 80's classic rock solo's in Heir Apparrent...and I sure hope that is not a forecast of what is to come. Peter had much better vibe and creativity as well as Lopez in pertaining to the kicks. But this is the new line up and one must deal with it or "move on."

:Smug:
I enjoyed the song but felt the solo was a step back....in time.

Hmm that is kinda true. Now that I've listened to it a million times I can say that whats bugging me most is the lack of complexity throughout the quieter parts. The arpeggios sound a bit too simple for Opeth, but it could be that there are extra layers which cannot be heard or weren't played live. I hope so. Like you said, the drums are so-so, nothing spectacular, and I also am not so sure of the doomish vibe in the beginning.

After a large number of listens to the song, sober and drunk, I love it... except the solo of Fredericks, which reminds of what makes so many other metal bands so much less wonderful and enjoyable than Opeth.

Still gonna wait for the album to come out before I make......

....A FAIR JUDGEMENT!!!!:D

Haha, that made me laugh

and all the talk about Fredricks solo being generic and what not is true even though I do like the solo. But the actual song could be different, you never know he might of just shredded and whatever just to show off and try and spice it up.. guess will just have to wait :Smug: