How about a Guitar Tone competition, round two?

Sorry my friends but i didn´t find the link from the first round copetition any clue?

Getting the DI's in order is taking longer than I expected, but not to worry the competition will happen. I cleared a good 5gb on my HD today to make room for the new clips, and I'll empty my upload account as well. Looks like we'll have more participants than last time. Once we get the DI's I WILL make a new thread titled something like "guitar tone competition 2" or something of that nature. The original post will have all the information and data needed to participate (including the summary Anssi gracefully compiled from what I've said in this thread).

MarkG will be the grandmaster on this competition and he calls the shot, but I will do the quality checking. Here is a rough, non-final list of guideline:

You will be supplied with:
- a pre-processed stereo mixdown of drums and a bass guitar that should be panned hard left and hard right
- guitar di-tracks for reamping
- a music sheet and/or tabs if you want to play the guitars yourself or if you want use your physical gear but don't have reamping capabilities
- possibly a loudness reference track from the previous competition
- a text document with the rules, deadlines and other stuff

You are allowed to:
- process, pan and automate the guitartracks in any way you want
- record substituting guitar tracks if you don't have reamping capabilities. If you record your guitars instead of reamping, you have to try to make the performance as similiar to the supplied tracks as your skills allow
- only one submission per member, so make it count!

You are not allowed to:
- modify the composition or edit the performance on the supplied di-tracks. If you think the mix is too busy, muting the tracks is allowed
- edit or process the drums and bass in any way. You have to make the guitar tones fit the supplied drums and bass.
- add any additional instruments
- use any master bus processing

You have to submit:
- a mixdown that has the drums, bass and guitars
- a mixdown that has only the guitars soloed (= bass and drums muted)
- description of the signal chain (with pictures or screenshots if possible)
- submission format is 24-Bit 44.1 KHz interlaced stereo wav, no exceptions. Failing to meet this requirement leads to disqualification.

One more important thing...
- the loudness of the mixdown must be at -18dB RMS to repel the "louder usually always seems better" we had in the first round of the previous competition, as this competition is about the guitar tone, not mixing and loudness.
- The loudness will be double checked and if not met, the submission will either must be disqualified* or edited** to the required loudness level. As this editing may alter the originally visioned soundscape, it is highly recommended to follow the guideline to prevent dissapointment.
- More specific instructions (like setting the levels of the drums and bass) for this step will be written when we get the tracks

* If the submitted files are not in the required format
** possible editing for the submissions is only setting the levels of the submitted guitartrack to the supplied drums and bass to match the loudness of -18dB RMS

yup, thats pretty much everything I've said throughout the thread(s) in a nutshell. I'll send a copy of the rules and guidelines to all participants later when everything is final.

If you're looking for variety, I could start with clean, move to rhythm and get a lead in there on the second repeat of rhythms.

If you're willing, that would be great. One shortcoming in the last competition was the lack of variety. Please keep me updated on your progress so I know what to expect when. I don't want to find out after a week of waiting something came up. In case you have msn, please add me: cabal000@hotmail.com.

Nailed it again haha. You beat me to it.

::XeS::
2000ContourSVT
AeternusEternus
ahjteam
analgrinder333
arcturian
Bloodjinn
BrettT
CatharsisStudios
crazykarl
calippo tecks
cococo
DaWolf
Eddy(Rawmachine)
Ermz
Hamish666
Hkollner
id3alism
iekobrid
Jaekae
James-Doolan
Jevil
jhrv
Killzone2kX
Korpse Pop
kramer1309
lolzgreg
Maamar Huq
Mancha
mefourtwelve
Melb_shredder
MetalMiller
mickrich
Mikko_Vainiala
monolithsound
Morgue
MT01
Nebulous
Nukular!
Nuno Filipe
opeth57
P-E
Petrovsk Mizinski
ProjectHamsterdam
rlcramer
Scootbaloo
ShreddyMarz
sexan
slayercannibalsuffohead
srv_ray
Teddyboy
TheDude
TheXRatedDodo
vespiz
Wolfeman

any chance I can be added to the list or this closed now? Good to see so many people taking part!

2000ContourSVT
AEL89
AeternusEternus
ahjteam
analgrinder333
arcturian
Bloodjinn
BrettT
CatharsisStudios
crazykarl
calippo tecks
cococo
DaWolf
Eddy(Rawmachine)
Ermz
Hamish666
Hkollner
id3alism
iekobrid
Jaekae
James-Doolan
Jevil
jhrv
Killzone2kX
Korpse Pop
kramer1309
lolzgreg
Maamar Huq
Mancha
mefourtwelve
Melb_shredder
MetalMiller
mickrich
Mikko_Vainiala
monolithsound
Morgue
MT01
Nebulous
Nukular!
Nuno Filipe
opeth57
P-E
Petrovsk Mizinski
ProjectHamsterdam
rcg
rlcramer
Scootbaloo
ShreddyMarz
sexan
slayercannibalsuffohead
srv_ray
Teddyboy
TheDude
TheXRatedDodo
vespiz
Wolfeman

Hey guys I am not gonna be able to work on this at all. A really close person to me was in a serious skateboarding accident(sounds lame I know, but its a wonder that he survived) and I really need to be there for him right now. Sorry guys.

I think I'd like to get in on this too... ...was busy with a project but it's finally winding down so I'd like to get on board if it's not too late.

I would hope so. Just waiting on those DI's really. Once we get good material to work with we can get this started. How are they coming along greg?

2000ContourSVT
AEL89
AeternusEternus
ahjteam
analgrinder333
arcturian
Bloodjinn
BrettT
CatharsisStudios
crazykarl
calippo tecks
cococo
DaWolf
Dom Ostarig
Eddy(Rawmachine)
Ermz
Glenn Fricker
Hamish666
Hkollner
id3alism
iekobrid
Jaekae
James-Doolan
Jevil
jhrv
Killzone2kX
Korpse Pop
kramer1309
lolzgreg
Maamar Huq
Mancha
mefourtwelve
Melb_shredder
MetalMiller
mickrich
Mikko_Vainiala
monolithsound
Morgue
MT01
Nebulous
Nukular!
Nuno Filipe
opeth57
P-E
Petrovsk Mizinski
ProjectHamsterdam
rcg
rlcramer
Scootbaloo
ShreddyMarz
sexan
slayercannibalsuffohead
srv_ray
Teddyboy
TheDude
TheXRatedDodo
vespiz
Wolfeman

This competition is in dire need of a foreign object up the ass to get shit moving. Whats the status on those DIs greg?

Lol, take as long as you need, I'm swaped trying to get my current project wrapped up. I totally forgot about this untill today. Was abit surprised to see my name on the list haha. If the timing works out I'll still give it a go.

Yeah, I'm moving too slow as well. Life is the issue.

Had school for 10 hours today, had to bring the girl to the doctor had to get my car fixed...

You know, excuses excuses. I'mma get on it as soon as possible. It was my idea so I better bring it.