How big is your CD collection

ive got about 1100 cd's at the moment, get sent between 5 and 20 a week as well ..
got about 250 vinyl records as well, but think i got a buyer for them all, unfortunately in holland and me in england, not easy to sort out!!!
got a couple hundreds tapes as well, but dont really listen to them that much ..
had about 1000 mp3's as well until a massive harddrive death .. now i dont have them on my harddrive, but i run 7 radio stations on mp3.com with around 400 mp3's on them, thats my way of storing mp3's now!

Wow...I figured somebody out there would be leaving me in the dust...

Current count on collection...872 CDs (starting with Accept, ending with Zero Hour), all purchased...mostly hard rock and various forms of metal...except for that brief period in the 90s when I had to turn to blues to hear real musicians wail on a guitar.

Still got about 300 pieces of vinyl...some collectible stuff, import, autographed pieces, and stuff that I just haven't been able to replace on CD.

A handful of singles, about 600 originals, and 1 burned one. Metallica, just to piss them off. :lol:

I'm approaching 200 now. I have something like 190 I think, which is quite shocking to most people I know; given that Britain is quite possibly the most expensive place to buy CD's and that i've only been into metal for about a year and a half! Music to me is like food; it's essential, it's delicious and I need more all the time!

Originally posted by SculptedCold
I'm approaching 200 now. I have something like 190 I think, which is quite shocking to most people I know; given that Britain is quite possibly the most expensive place to buy CD's and that i've only been into metal for about a year and a half! Music to me is like food; it's essential, it's delicious and I need more all the time!
Yeah, I was in London a couple of years ago and a guy I was there with bought Blink182's new record at the time, the one with all the hits, for £22!!!!! He said it was really rare and shit!
Two weeks after we got home he saw it in a shop for 120 Kroner (approx. £10,50)!! :lol: What a rip!

Originally posted by MURAI
I have like 40 now. Not as much as you RICH ASS white people on this board. :mad:
Fuck off, I'm not rich. If I were, I would have about a million CDs.

I'm obsessive and have been at it for quite a while.
1000+ cds
600+ lps
200-300 tapes

And it's NEVER enough.

I even have a few 8-tracks and reel to reels but we won't get into that.:p

Originally posted by MURAI
I have like 40 now. Not as much as you RICH ASS white people on this board. :mad:

[rant]Yeah, what the fuck is this shit about? Who gives a fuck if I'm white? And I'm certainly not fucking rich. I'm not sure if you've heard of this, but I have a job. Why don't you go fucking get one? Dumb ass stereotyping motherfucker.[/rant]

I have at least 1000 plus original CD's, about 75 vinyl (just getting that stocked up again with rare 70's stuff), and maybe 200 tapes (which I rarely listen to). Lots of mp3's (but that is because I burn the Cd onto my computer for better Winamp listening). Most of my discs are rock, metal, stoner rock, doom, or other (Nile, Neurosis, Entombed, Cathedral, etc.)

I think if you download an entire album of Mp3's from a band and you listen to it often, you had better get to a show or visit the band's site to support the rock!