How did you come across Dark Tranquillity?

It was back in 1997... I met some metallers in my hometown and asked for some cd's.. What I got was Skydancer, The gallery and The Mind's I. Hah, I had no computer then, so I put those DT albums on cassettes - still have them :)
Since then, I'm a total junkie.. hihi!

Maybe I've replied to this thread already, who knows, but I was recommended by a friend, I suppose two years ago. Before that I've heard DT's music (can't recall the album) when somebody played it at a party. The year was 1997.

One of the people that introduced me to Metal, more or less 6 years ago, recommended me of DT. At that time the only growls I've heard were in one of Amorphis' songs and that too was a bit heavy for me. Back then I downloaded 'Schythe Rage and Roses' and it took me quite some time to understand how is that supposed to be good music, though I did learn to appreciate it after some time. Then I downloaded Haven and Feast of Burden and realized that they have some more "ear-friendly" songs. After that, I bought Haven, and then (after some time) The Mind's I, The Gallery (which was stolen from me recently :( ), Damage Done, Projector, and Today I bought Character and I'm very pleased with it.

Can't remember what the site it was where I read about DT. Then I listened to Monohromatic Stains and got mp3. It was about 1,5 years ago.

Almost 10 years ago, my friend made me really mad with the song 'Punish My Heaven', until I realized that was much better than the crap from Metallica (imo, of course).

I discovered Beyond The Embrace on MP3.com and really liked the style and after them, people on the net told me to check out In Flames and Dark Tranquillity because they were all of the "gothenburg" sound (which I had no idea what that meant). Anyways, I came across Damage Done in a used CD store and totally loved it and then luckily I came across The Gallery in a used CD store and loved it even more. I then bought Character the day it came out and will eventually check out all their CDs when I can afford it.

A friend of mine recommended the band and loaned Damage Done to me.. Got hooked quite fast and went out and bought it! :)

must have been somewhen in the summer of 99, I was in Istanbul for a few weeks at some friends home, they worked for a magazine there. I remember one day we were driving through Istanbul to go out somewhere, took half an eternity as Istanbul is really huge... We were sitting in the car and they had the Projector album on, so after a while I asked: "whats that, its amazing!" ... hehe there it was, and since that day Projector is quite special, it will always remember me driving over the Bosporus with some good friends... *memories* :) and that same autumn I also saw my first DT gig, they played with In Flames, Arch Enemy and Children Of Bodom and its still one of the best ever seen gigs for me (and one of the most destroying aftershowparties, uh...)

I went to a Kreator concert recently and they were support act, the best support act out of three. so I decided to check this site out for some info, even though I already knew it from the Amon Amarth official site's link.

1999 - Listened to people I used to play online games with tell me to track down In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, and At The Gates. Downloaded In Flames, very impressed, then I went to Dark Tranquillity, and the next thing I know after hearing Insanity's Cresendo, I downloaded the whole Mind's I album and bought it a few months later at the small import cd store that closed down recently.

I own them all now, except an original copy of ...Of Chaos and Eternal Night.

it's kind of sad, but i had headbanger's ball on one time (which plays about 90% absolute garbage or worse) and during the commercials there was an ad for century media bands. they played a small part of the chorus of lost to apaty and it caught my ear as something unique i hadn't heard before. when i looked at the screen the artwork in the video looked interesting and it had a quote of a review of character talking about "melodic metal" till then i hadn't really heard anything about them or melodic matal. so i downloaded a couple songs, liked them and went out to buy character, a few months later i bought every album except skydancer and saw them live. i've been feening to see them again ever since.

Back when i was in high school, i used to listen to bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach. One day one of my friends lent me a cd he had burned with songs by different metal bands, including Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Mushroomhead, Mudvayne and Dark Tranquillity. I liked just about everything on that album, especially Dark Tranquillity (it had The wonders at your feet and Not built to last on it). I proceeded to ask my friend about the band, and he lent me Haven and Damage done. I loved both of them, so i bought the Skydancer/Of chaos... reissue and Projector. I couldn't find anything else by them, so i had to go through the painful process of downloading every single song that wasn't on one of those four albums. When Exposures came out, i immediately bought it, and i did the same with Character.

In 2000, I saw DT's name in a computer magazine (it was an underground magazine filled with pc, movies, music..). Haven was selected as "album of the month" and DT was mentioned as "the band that never disappoints". So I downloaded Rundown, The Same and The Wonders At Your Feet. Guess what, I loved it. I bought Haven's cassette (no CD's in istanbul at that time and I didn't want to wait till CD copies come here) and now I am here in DT forums...

Well,my friend knew that I love In Flames,as he,so one evening when we were hanging in friend's house he brought some IF albums and Damage live...I didn't even realized that he brought Damage and put it to play 'cause I was speaking to another friend,but then I heard the starting of Undo Control and I just stooded there like OMG to who belongs this beautiful voice,it really knocked me down...so he borrowed me that DVD and I was hooked for the rest of the life

I can't remember really when :Smug:

...But i remember how - there wasn't a special reason. I was just looking again for some good music around here and found somewhere the name and thought if they sound as good as the name is it should be one of the best bands ever....and finally I wasn't disappointed of what I've heard so that's the whole story of my personal DT discovery :dopey:

A friend reccomended DT to me while I was discovering that death metal went way beyond gore grunts and blast beats. Character was my first album and I'm working my way back.

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I had known about DT for awhile, but I never heard them until I bought tickets to see Opeth w/ DT and DTB in Towson. In preparation for the concert, I listened to some song clips on Amazon a month ago. I liked the stuff so much, that I bought "Character" the day before the show. In the last week since the concert, I have also bought "Damage Done", "The Mind's I", and "The Gallery". I also drove all the way to Springfield, VA to see DT kick ass at the Jaxx. I'm hooked, much to the chagrin of my girlfriend, who is not a metalhead.

psychdoc