How did you get into In Flames?

My friend told me to download the song "Cloud Connected". So I did and Iwas like "This is pretty good!", but I didn't really care a lot for them until I heard Man Made God, then I payed more attention.

I think it was in 2000 when I borrowed a tape with songs from Colony. Then I got Clayman and all the other albums.
@Tool: Man Made God is my favourite song!!! :headbang:

heh, i did a silly quiz thing called 'which metal band are you?' and it turned out i was In Flames, that was a while back and just now i was scrolling through unofficial sites and saw this - just down loaded my first three tracks (im new to the band btw) and they aren't that bad - quite melodic in places, any particularly amazing songs i should download?

Hmm, I would recommend songs like Behind Space, Moonshield, Coerced Coexistence, Gyroscope, Pinball Map, Dead Eternity, etc.

Yea those are great songs, so are..Ordinary Story, December Flower, and Artifacts of the Black Rain, The Jester Race, Colony, and Bullet Ride. See if you can download those

@blackeyed: you should download MAN MADE GOD!!!! cuz it's the best song ever!! :headbang:
btw. you can download it on the offical site. :)

I had been circulating in my head that I had to go download some stuff by them because I heard that they were good. Well I finally saw the Cloud Connected video on Uranium and it was pretty freaking cool. I didn't know the song name so I just downloaded Jotun, it was awesome.

I use to be a big Slipknot fan, and I heard a band called "In Flames" where supporting them in london, so I downloaded Moonshield and Ordinary Story, then the rest of the albums.

I was looking for something to fill the void in my life left by At The Gates' break up. A friend suggested In Flames and Dark Tranquillity, so I hunted down "The Jester Race" and "Enter Suicidal Angels." I've been hooked ever since.

My friend saw that I was getting into some heavier music so he lent me Whoracle ... I didn't listen to it until the day he came to get it back so I made a tape copy for myself ... a couple of days later I played it and as soon as I heard Jotun, I was hooked

I'm from the generation that grew up in the 80's on the other side of the Iron Curtain and for me all the good music came from The West. So imagine my disappointment when I moved to US late 90's and found out what the real american entertianment industry was. :rolleyes: For a long time I hadn't listen to anything except several CDs I brought with me and some old stuff of Dio and Sabbath I found on sale.

When I got fast internet connection I desperately started searching on the net for online radios that might play Sentenced or Iron Maiden or Accept or Amorphis or Paradise Lost... you know, the European stuff :) And I found it! http://www.hardradio.com
There I heard Only for the Weak and was instantly hooked. That was in Napster's times :)
I was even more in awe when I saw IF in concert for the first time, touring with DT and Sentenced. :headbang:
Gardually, I collected their CDs, buying them as a present for myself or my husband on every suitable occasion.