How Did You Get Into Metal?

when i was like 11 i started listning to rock bands like nirvana, foo fighters...then i wanted heavier stuff and started listning to old school metal like iron maiden, metallica, dio ....then i just started getting into heavier and heavier music.. :D...now its mainly death metal, power and black

While working at a soldering plant I fell into a vat of mercury which infused the molten metal into my body, making me the most metal motherfucker evar.

no but seriously two words...Master of Puppets

Ehm. Slipknot. /duck.

Slipknot, then i got curious, checked out Some killswitch.. then pantera, and then onwards.

It was about '83.. Was hanging out with a couple friends and one of them left behind a cassette of Blizzard of Ozz. I had heard about this Ozzy guy biting heads of bats and doves, so I took it home to check it out. Randy's guitar work just made me go :OMG: and have been into metal ever since.

I agree. And despite all the genre debates and many sub-genres in metal, it's categorization is quite simple compared to electronic music.

So true, i've been into electronic music for years and sometimes have a hard time categorizing albums.

I also said on that thread that God will not care if you listen to metal as long as you pray for forgiveness to him about listening to such music. Still it's disresptable to listen to such music and you should, hence, not follow the path I am following. Also change your dang avatar it's the stupidest picture I've ever seen.

What a fucking tool.

I liked listeing to Slipknot in like 5th grade, than some kid always wore a Slipknot shirt, so I checked 'em out. I liked them. Than I heard Darkthrone. And than I heard Interpol.