How do you think the world will end?

The thing is, global warming and overpopulation won't even come close to eradicating humanity. Even if lots and lots of people die (say 3/4 of humanity) that still leaves a population larger than what the human population was for a great portion of history. Famine can't possibly end humanity, as people are smart enough to grow crops in a variety of climates, and near future technology will allow for genetic enhancements of food sources that will make it easy to feed up to 10 billion or so people. Europe and the US essentially grow at a sustenance level. Overpopulation is not an issue here. The US pays farmers not to grow certain crops, because they are too plentiful here. The US could feed twice it's current population in a heartbeat. Eventually India and China will level off their population growth.

As far as environmental issues, some global warming related damage will occur, but the worst of the damage was really done from the beginning of the Industrial Revolution to about 1900. Since 1980 or so, pollution in general is down quite a bit. People will eventually start to take things more seriously, and oil will eventually be scarce enough that a mass switch to renewable energy sources will happen. If China and India can be kept in check, the effects of global warming will be minimized.

I think the biggest threats to people are super-contagious deadly viruses and asteroid hits. Even a devastating virus would not wipe everyone out, considering how spread out across earth people are. Some people would survive and move on.

I also think the age of nuclear threats is basically at an end. Even if terrorists obtain some nukes, 6 billion people is a lot to kill.

Oh I don't know, the people who are arguing against what I am. The ones posting graphs and links that specifically talk about human envolvement and nothing else. Maybe those guys.
strawman.jpg

I imagine around the endtimes, everyone will turn gay and have buttsex in a huge sweaty pile, then Jesus will show up, hover over the pile and take a huge dump until everyone is covered in shit, then Santa Claus and The Easter Bunny will raise up from the dead and kill everyone in the shit covered orgy with Tommy Guns :loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

I imagine around the endtimes, everyone will turn gay and have buttsex in a huge sweaty pile, then Jesus will show up, hover over the pile and take a huge dump until everyone is covered in shit, then Santa Claus and The Easter Bunny will raise up from the dead and kill everyone in the shit covered orgy with Tommy Guns :loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

You forget to mention the Tooth Fairy. She'll be hacking people with samurai swords whilst Santa and Mr Bunny are shooting.

Oh I don't know, the people who are arguing against what I am. The ones posting graphs and links that specifically talk about human envolvement and nothing else. Maybe those guys.

The fact that global warming is influenced by both natural and artificial factors makes it all the more serious issue. Looking at that graph, we chose the worst time to pump gratuitous amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere because it coincided with a rise to the upper limit of the natural CO2 rise-fall trend. But now that we've factored in our involvement, that upper limit has been breached exponentially. We basically took the Earth's natural cycle and pushed it into overdrive, and the consequences are getting progressively worse.

I doubt the world will end, as such, but the demise of humanity is inevitable. Life will remain in some form or another.

My bets are either on a robo/zombocalypse (=P its possible), or some natural disaster that renders the planet uninhabitable to humans.

Some say one day we will engineer a race of nano-bots that are infinitely small, but have the potential to replicate themselves to the point that they engulf the entire surface of the planet.

The sun will probably destroy the world.

That aside, as far as humanity is concerned, a natural disaster such as the eruption of the Siberian traps should be enough to wipe us out or at least reduce us to new beginnings. How awesome that would be...

Hell even a normal super volcano going off in the US would be enough to shift the balance of power completely.

Overpopulation makes life miserable; just like capitalism, avarice, weakness, Christianity, and idiocy; but it will not cause our annihilation. That said, it is nonetheless humanity's single biggest problem IMO. If you reduce the numbers of morons, you reduce the margin for error and increase natural wisdom by living closer to what nature (IMO) intended. Convenience is stagnation and death.

The sun will probably destroy the world.

That aside, as far as humanity is concerned, a natural disaster such as the eruption of the Siberian traps should be enough to wipe us out or at least reduce us to new beginnings. How awesome that would be...

Hell even a normal super volcano going off in the US would be enough to shift the balance of power completely.

Overpopulation makes life miserable; just like capitalism, avarice, weakness, Christianity, and idiocy; but it will not cause our annihilation. That said, it is nonetheless humanity's single biggest problem IMO. If you reduce the numbers of morons, you reduce the margin for error and increase natural wisdom by living closer to what nature (IMO) intended. Convenience is stagnation and death.

lol

He's got a point about the supervolcanoes, but I don't think any natural disaster short of a large asteroid impact can potentially cause a power shift in global politics.